1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 59 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 0 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 22 hours, 59 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 11 hours, 0 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 163 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

definitely enjoying this so far. my only gripes are the apparent lack of expandable chatlog ala ffxi, the lack of screen size adjustment (UI elements are cut off on PS3, including portions of the chatlog which can't be repositioned) and the omission of combat functions from the keyboard layout, which is just mind-bogglingly dumb to me. these are all things that i assume/hope will be fixed for retail, if that's the case i'll probably get on board.

also, i don't know if it was a bug or i inadvertently did something, but i had to relog because i got stuck in JP mode and could not enter english text at all

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    So, I'm a bit stumped. I started in Ulduah, and got the It's Probably Pirates quest to do Sastasha Seagrot. Unfortunately, there's nobody around to do it and I don't see a LFG option atm, so I couldn't do it. There's a lot more activity at Tam-Tara Deepcroft, but I'm not able to find the quest to enter there or spam for a PT, and I'd really like to try a dungeon tonight. Does anyone know where that quest is, and the Copper Mines one?
    Seems they unlock in order lol so you have to do Sastasha first it seems. Does Probably Pirates come from Main story Missions?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ardreul Galawen
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Just some thoughts so far. Maybe I'm missing some of these and the answer is obvious.

Can't change default type of chat by doing /say, /yell, /party etc. You have to manually click on the little bubble and pick which one you want. And once you click off it defaults back to yell.
    Also, if you are typing and you decide not to say anything, escape doesn't cancel out what you typed. It just gets you out of the window. You have to reclick the chat window and backspace it all away.
    No clue how to reply besides right clicking on their name and hitting "send tell"

Why do i have to manually drag over quest items?

Anybody got anything?

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Ardrial View Post
    There have been acknowledged complaints about this and last time the devs said they wanted new players to get used to the mechanics of trading through quests and that they would probably eliminate that unnecessary step from the game once the rate of new players starting out dies down a bit.

It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Just some thoughts so far. Maybe I'm missing some of these and the answer is obvious.

Can't change default type of chat by doing /say, /yell, /party etc. You have to manually click on the little bubble and pick which one you want. And once you click off it defaults back to yell.
    Also, if you are typing and you decide not to say anything, escape doesn't cancel out what you typed. It just gets you out of the window. You have to reclick the chat window and backspace it all away.
    No clue how to reply besides right clicking on their name and hitting "send tell"

Anybody got anything?
    Can double click quest items.

When you click on the empty chat box without typing it will display shortcuts on how to reply via /tell history similar to FFXI and other stuff.

Typing /say and hitting enter without typing anything after it will change that to your default chat mode. Also applies to other chat modes.

Alt+R replies to tells. Threw me off for a bit too.

As for the rest of your questions, I'm afraid I have no answers.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Peng and I just hit 29 on Coeurl. Limit breaks are fun, PGL is pretty enjoyable, and chocobo companions are the bee's knees, but we're still concerned about endgame combat potentially not having a high enough skill ceiling or being too slow due to TP starvation.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ardreul Galawen
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Thanks guys. Looks like the only thing I don't get is how to cancel typing without backspacing all the way out?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    Seems they unlock in order lol so you have to do Sastasha first it seems. Does Probably Pirates come from Main story Missions?
    Probably Pirates became available after doing Ul'dah story missions, but it's flagged as a normal quest. I ran around Gridania and didn't see a quest my level (16) so I don't know what's up, hence the quest for the knowledge.

*Edit*
    Talked to someone who said they just did TTD, and apparently, you have to do them in order of unlocking them, so it's PP -> TTD -> CM.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hard to see your own TP/HP/MP against the uldah sand.

It's sooo veiny

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Thanks guys. Looks like the only thing I don't get is how to cancel typing without backspacing all the way out?
    Which chat type do you have set direct chat or the other?

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Are there level 15-25-35 ect. instances/dungeons in all 3 city zones, or just grid?

I haven't heard nary a shout in thanlan.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Looks like Just Gridania, according to patch notes: http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/38151

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ardreul Galawen
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by ArchDizzle View Post
    Which chat type do you have set direct chat or the other?
    Well i had "enable direct chat" unchecked. So I checked it and it still won't let me hit esc to clear out what's been typed.

It's sooo veiny

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'll check it tonight and let you know if I don't pass out first. Lol

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Are there level 15-25-35 ect. instances/dungeons in all 3 city zones, or just grid?

I haven't heard nary a shout in thanlan.
    Sastasha: 15-17 (access via MSQ)
    Tam-tara: 16-18 (access via MSQ)
    Copperbell: 17-19 (access via MSQ)
    Halatali: 20-22 (access via quest available at Vesper Bay)
    Totorak: 23-25 (no quest)
    Haukke: 29-31 (no quest)
    Brayflox: 32-34 (no quest)

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    Probably Pirates became available after doing Ul'dah story missions, but it's flagged as a normal quest. I ran around Gridania and didn't see a quest my level (16) so I don't know what's up, hence the quest for the knowledge.

*Edit*
    Talked to someone who said they just did TTD, and apparently, you have to do them in order of unlocking them, so it's PP -> TTD -> CM.
    Was just about to post this, I just got the the first dungeon following main missions, it is part of it.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I can elaborate on this further as I just put it down for the night.

All of the main story lines converge. I was from Gridania, so once you got your airship pass it was off to the other nations, then back, then out to dungeons. The order ends up being Shastasha (Pirates dungeon of Limsa) >> Tam-Tara (Gridania's "starter dungeon" >> then the copper mines (Ul'dah).

Interesting things of note: if you played phase 1/2 they drastically changed the dungeons. Tam-Tara is MUCH smaller than it was before. The game makes up for this by substantially buffing the mobs they left in (our favorite Iron Giant miniboss is gone) and other interesting changes. At certain points there are "rooms" that get sealed off just like boss battles. You can't advance without completing them. Even though I haven't seen it yet, I bet this is how they're combatting the "speedrunning" of dungeons like Haukke Manor. Oh, also, uniques drop from chests in the run too, not just from the boss. Last but not least on this topic, they changed it so mobs in dungeons will follow you the length of the zone (like alliance hate in FFXI).

After dungeons comes a fun quest line that takes you toward your first primal. This is where I left off because I was too tired to grind out the last 50k exp I needed to get the actual quest at level 20.

~toodles

Taru Baby (Ultros)

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ardreul Galawen
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by ArchDizzle View Post
    I'll check it tonight and let you know if I don't pass out first. Lol
    I found another. If I right click on someone and click "send tell", my chat window doesn't automatically activate. So I have to move my mouse over to the window and click the chat before i can start typing to the person.

Also, double click doesn't work for me for quest items. Unless you mean right click once then click the option that transfers the quest items over for you. Which still is annoying cause you gotta click the ok button on the left anyway.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Is there a way to customize controller layout? Hotbar being on the triggers instead of the bumpers is driving me insane.