1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 1 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 14 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 19 hours, 1 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 150 of 163 FirstFirst ... 100 140 148 149 150 151 152 160 ... LastLast
    I'VE CHOSEN A TITLE FOR THE LIKES OF YOU!
    BG Level

I dunno if anyone played Ragnarok Online, but seeing songs and bows on Bard didn't phase me too much because of it, haha.

I'm almost certain the 2nd Job for Archer will probably be something much more DPS focused any way. To be honest my only pet peeve about Archer is the fact that they're a DPS class but get the healing Limit Break... That was really off to me.

I kinda hope that develop new limit breaks and such eventually. And some sort of expansion on the that system.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Persona Nongrata
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    I think people are thinking too far ahead. What SE has told us makes it seem like SMN might take a similar role to BRD, and SCH goes with WHM.

So basically we don't really know how SMN will fit into all this, so trying to speculate is pretty much pointless.
    But speculation is so fun =\

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

And to be fair, it's all we really have at the moment. It's at least keeping us occupied.

They're coming to take me away. Ha Ha!
    BG Level

; ;

I didn't even get far enough in the Beta to contribute to speculation...

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Would you add "Fracture" to the dot rotation as archer ( fracture, venomus bite, windbite )? I had the feeling that it didnt deal any dmg. Not sure if its better to dont crossclass it and just spam heavy shot until we need to refresh the dots.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

It's effectively a 220-potency weaponskill when cross-classed, so sure, that sounds decent unless I'm missing something. No personal experience or anything, since that never occurred to me.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Honestly, I want to say no without a lot of review at the moment and that's not because of DPS but because BRD already would have a pretty intense rotation. It'll last about 20 seconds centered around keeping VB, WB, and RoD up. That's already about 7.5 seconds gone of your 20. Next you have Straight Shot to get crit buff up then spamming Heavy until Straight procs. I tried to figure it out once and I think you can manage about 4 HS before you have to restart the entire cycle and that's estimating for lag issues. My buddy did run a parse though and we did figure out that most DoTs (Even pre 24 Venomous Bite) if allowed to tick for their entire duration do the most damage per TP spent. So that might be worth some further investigation.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I was actually leaning more towards Mercy Stroke over Fracture, but I didn't test it.

They're coming to take me away. Ha Ha!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Okan View Post
    Honestly, I want to say no without a lot of review at the moment and that's not because of DPS but because BRD already would have a pretty intense rotation. It'll last about 20 seconds centered around keeping VB, WB, and RoD up. That's already about 7.5 seconds gone of your 20. Next you have Straight Shot to get crit buff up then spamming Heavy until Straight procs. I tried to figure it out once and I think you can manage about 4 HS before you have to restart the entire cycle and that's estimating for lag issues. My buddy did run a parse though and we did figure out that most DoTs (Even pre 24 Venomous Bite) if allowed to tick for their entire duration do the most damage per TP spent. So that might be worth some further investigation.
    RDM was my first job during the CoP era. That rotation is child's play to me! Try keeping Refresh on 4 people and Haste on 3 while maintaining 4 debuffs and off-healing (or main-healing later on...), and add pulling to that during the Greater Colibri era!

Challenge Fucking Accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvrdragon View Post
    RDM was my first job during the CoP era. That rotation is child's play to me! Try keeping Refresh on 4 people and Haste on 3 while maintaining 4 debuffs and off-healing (or main-healing later on...), and add pulling to that during the Greater Colibri era!

lol

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Persona Nongrata
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvrdragon View Post

I remember thoes days.

Quote Originally Posted by supercoco View Post
    Would you add "Fracture" to the dot rotation as archer ( fracture, venomus bite, windbite )? I had the feeling that it didnt deal any dmg. Not sure if its better to dont crossclass it and just spam heavy shot until we need to refresh the dots.
    Usually, as Archer, I start with
    Straight Shot
    Bloodletter
    Wind Bite
    Fracture
    Venomous Bite
    Heavy Shot
    Straight Shot

As my cycle action, then Misery's End when it's flashy.

In H. Manor, when the cycle going thru, usually I started to get hate around Heavy Shot step. And most of the time, around Heavy Shot, I can use Misery's End to finish it up.

I might be doing it wrong, but I do like the animation from Bloodletter to Wind Bite
    Looks cool!

P.s. wishing 2nd job from Archer is Ranger (heavy dps job ^.^)

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Rionel View Post
    I dunno if anyone played Ragnarok Online, but seeing songs and bows on Bard didn't phase me too much because of it, haha.

I'm almost certain the 2nd Job for Archer will probably be something much more DPS focused any way. To be honest my only pet peeve about Archer is the fact that they're a DPS class but get the healing Limit Break... That was really off to me.

I kinda hope that develop new limit breaks and such eventually. And some sort of expansion on the that system.
    I learned that the hard way doing a dungeon as BRD. The boss was at like 10% so I thought I'd try finish it off. Then out pops a cure on my party that already had mostly full HP lol. Most likely they slapped healing on to ARC so that more than one class has the healing LB. But if your WHM is dead and the group is falling apart we'll probably love having the ability to pop that level 3 LB.

Aside from that I've no real interest in BRD. Once the class gets a second job I will never touch it.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Also, a little late, but bard cannot use mrd abilities. on my phone at the moment but bard can only use cnj and lnc abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Okan View Post
    Also, a little late, but bard cannot use mrd abilities. on my phone at the moment but bard can only use cnj and lnc abilities.
    Really? Not even bloodbath or even Skull Sunder? Aren't the abilities separated by DoM and DoW?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by popsiclestix View Post
    Really? Not even bloodbath or even Skull Sunder? Aren't the abilities separated by DoM and DoW?
    For classes, yes. Jobs are more restrictive with cross-class abilities. A job only gets abilities from its base class and two additional classes.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by popsiclestix View Post
    Not quite.

DoM classes can't equip any DoW WS but can equip (cross-classable) DoW abilities. DoW classes can equip all DoM cross-class actions.

As stated, jobs are limited to abilities from base class + two other predetermined classes.

Quote Originally Posted by chichicha View Post
    Usually, as Archer, I start with
    Straight Shot
    Bloodletter
    Wind Bite
    Fracture
    Venomous Bite
    Heavy Shot
    Straight Shot

As my cycle action, then Misery's End when it's flashy.

In H. Manor, when the cycle going thru, usually I started to get hate around Heavy Shot step. And most of the time, around Heavy Shot, I can use Misery's End to finish it up.

I might be doing it wrong, but I do like the animation from Bloodletter to Wind Bite
    Looks cool!

P.s. wishing 2nd job from Archer is Ranger (heavy dps job ^.^)
    If they make a ranged, instant damage heavy DPS class then the game might as well call itself fucked and let everyone know with honesty.

I look forward to arrowburn parties and the great RNG nerf of 2015.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    I look forward to arrowburn parties and the great RNG nerf of 2015.
    This. ARC already pulls hate through a straight rotation. Adding a Ranger/Sniper/whatever class that would further increase its DPS would probably break the game.