1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 33 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 26 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 12 hours, 33 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -3 hours, -34 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 152 of 163 FirstFirst ... 102 142 150 151 152 153 154 162 ... LastLast
    Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Duskwood

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    I was actually about to post the same thing but I thought Okan's post clarified; but yeah, the trait and ability tooltips are contradicting each other.
    I was just too slow

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well, there still is a possibility that it is off of critical damage. Just at the moment, the information that has been datamined/captured from game is set as a chance per tick. We'll find out a whole lot more in about a month.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

Quote Originally Posted by Adajer View Post
    Musketeer bro. Its coming, when everyone least expects it.....
    its job will be the Harlequin, its gun is now a gunflute
    you no longer do anything but channel your only song, Treasure hunter, if a ridill doesn't drop you shoot yourself in shame

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

What interval do things tick at?

3s

Is there a beta this weekend or no? And if so, when does it start? I am usually working all weekend but I have some time this upcoming one and I would like to play!

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Airenn View Post
    Is there a beta this weekend or no? And if so, when does it start? I am usually working all weekend but I have some time this upcoming one and I would like to play!
    we won't know till next month around the 8th

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    I was actually about to post the same thing but I thought Okan's post clarified; but yeah, the trait and ability tooltips are contradicting each other.
    It's the same with Fists of Wind, skill says it only gives movement speed, trait says it gives WSpeed as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Okan View Post
    At the moment it's just a chance off a tick and it counts for both Venomous Bite and Windbite so you essentially have 2 chances per tick. Granted, not many people were able to experience it due to the cap being 35 and it being a level 36 trait. I expect we'll get a lot more clarification during phase 4. One thing to note is that both Windbite and Venomous Bite list critical hit as the cause for reset on XIVDB. From my experience, it did not reset on criticals at all prior to River of Blood at 36. What I mean is it's not like Archer gets a double dip on Bloodletter resets.
    I was messing around with BRD a bit and I don't remember it resetting that often at all. Granted I never extensively tested it, but 20% chance based off DoT crit seems awfully low, just like 20% for every tick seems high.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Thanks for the information. I've been wanting to create an Archer/Bard thread akin to the Marauder one, but with it being down at the moment and probably still being reworked this phase change I'll wait until Phase 4 starts.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

All i'm worndering atm is if they will change some NDA status

If the Beta is really open it's gonna be hard to keep the NDA semi active (if we look at the roadmap)

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by LD View Post
    Except for AOEing, what is the offensive benefit of BRD for the ARC? Paeon is a wash due to the damage decrease.
    Paeon isn't really a wash, since BRD doesn't benefit from their own song. It's basically a straight debuff.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    All i'm worndering atm is if they will change some NDA status

If the Beta is really open it's gonna be hard to keep the NDA semi active (if we look at the roadmap)
    Most likely it will allow video's, but not allow posting of Alpba/beta screenshots/videos and .dat mined images "NDA"

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Duskwood

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    Paeon isn't really a wash, since BRD doesn't benefit from their own song. It's basically a straight debuff.
    I've notice that I get extra 30 to per tick with paeon up on bard

I've heard it mentioned that the only song buff a BRD doesn't receive is ballad.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    I've heard it mentioned that the only song buff a BRD doesn't receive is ballad.
    That's correct, last I checked.

fstfrk13

What exactly does Bloodletter do? I've looked everywhere for a description and i can't find one. I didn't even use it in the beta because the tool tip just says is that it has a potency 150 and nothing else. They really should clarify the descriptions in the tool tip.

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    It's the same with Fists of Wind, skill says it only gives movement speed, trait says it gives WSpeed as well.

I was messing around with BRD a bit and I don't remember it resetting that often at all. Granted I never extensively tested it, but 20% chance based off DoT crit seems awfully low, just like 20% for every tick seems high.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Note that it has no TP cost. You should always be using it in place of Heavy Shot when it's up in any prolonged battle where TP is inevitably an issue.

It will be up a lot more frequently at Lv.36 because River of Blood will make your Venomous Bite and Windbite DoT ticks reset its timer 1/5 of the time.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Not only does it not cost TP... its not bound to the GCD so you don't even have to use it in place of heavy shot.
    They aren't on the same timer.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sevv Zero
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Stonemaul

I honestly wish I got more time with the game only receiving my beta invite within the last 48 hours. The game play was alot of fun. How drastic was the class changes for tanking from the original game? Obviously with not playing 14 until this last beta I have a bunch of make up work to learn the system, looking to be able to get a head start. Thanks in advance.