1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 40 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 19 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 17 hours, 40 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 16 hours, 19 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 161 of 163 FirstFirst ... 111 151 159 160 161 162 163 LastLast
    the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I think the only officially revealed incentive for repeating low-level instances is a bonus to your rewards based on helping other first-timers.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

People switching to CNJ to help do pre-30 dungeons and fill the DF isn't going to level their ACN/class they actually want to take to the dungeon though.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Yoshi-P has talked about it before, I forgot when... but it came up again in this interview when someone asked for a bit of clarification on it:
    http://www.novacrystallis.com/2013/0...t-two-summary/

Q. Please explain the Dungeon Token system.
    A. These tokens will be like a currency that can be redeemed for items, there are many types of tokens, and each type of content has its own type of token, ranked in a hierarchy. Maybe you fight a Primal and get a weapon, take that to the hyper fight, get a better token for a better fight, and so on, so forth. Again, it is only those items that you can get in that certain battle that you will receive tokens for. The more token types you have, the more item lists that will be available to you.
    I wish I could find where he first mentioned it because I seem to recall him having said that 'dungeons' in particular would have their own type of tokens. The way it was described was as if normal instanced dungeons had their own token type rather than tokens being specific to any one dungeon (dissimilar to the Primals where each had their own individual token)

EDIT:

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2013/0...per-interview/

That’s not to say we don’t have gameplay features in place to get people to go back to old dungeons. We have a token system where you gather different tokens and you can exchange those tokens for certain kinds of items. You’ll get more chances to get these tokens if you go to a lot of different dungeons, so going back to older dungeons will give you opportunities to get better items. That will be sort of a motivation for players to return to dungeons they’ve already completed.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I still can't envision low-level dungeons giving tokens (or if they're all the same type, very many tokens) towards anything worthwhile.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Tokens will provide access to loot from the dungeons.
    Even if its a tiered system and only allows access to loot from that particular dungeon then I'm sure people will run them on SCH/WHM to avoid queues while gaining tokens to get gear for other classes.

Doesn't really matter to us legacy folk but pre-30 shit isn't very important to us anyway so clearly that's not who the focus is even on when talking about this issue.

Since many Legacy people do not have every job at 50, I am sure there will be some that would need some lower level gear. Also Legacy or not, its not gonna matter to anyone really depending on how fast the leveling is at release, all pre-30 gear would be pretty much negligible, and replaced instantly.

I am thinking the token system would be best used for endgame content.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

There will be new players on legacy servers, don't forget that

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    There will be new players on legacy servers, don't forget that
    For sure, I also think it's a smarter move for a newer player. Especially if they have Higher level friends.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Someone else pointed out that DF is completely unaffected by legacy vs. non-legacy servers, as it pulls all candidates from one cross-server pool (per datacenter).

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Persona Nongrata
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    Someone else pointed out that DF is completely unaffected by legacy vs. non-legacy servers, as it pulls all candidates from one cross-server pool (per datacenter).
    Ya, it pulls from all the servers on the data servers. So... shouldnt really be a problem.

well that's fucking bullshit. if i do a dungeon and see someone in more shinies than me then im gonna be fucking pissed and probably youtube it.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2013/0...per-interview/

That’s not to say we don’t have gameplay features in place to get people to go back to old dungeons. We have a token system where you gather different tokens and you can exchange those tokens for certain kinds of items. You’ll get more chances to get these tokens if you go to a lot of different dungeons, so going back to older dungeons will give you opportunities to get better items. That will be sort of a motivation for players to return to dungeons they’ve already completed.

Going to edit this into my other post as well

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

That says nothing about low level dungeons specifically though. Also this is the full quote:

Nova Crystallis: Final Fantasy XI had kind of a weird thing where because of the gear swapping in battle, all of the endgame stuff was basically lateral upgrades where you would do all the stuff to get one piece to use on this one spell. You guys are clearly not doing that in this game, so how are you going to keep old content relevant, rather than dungeons being emptied forever? How are you going to keep older players coming back to help newer players?

Yoshida: We think the best way is that there’s going to be that content, and we’re not worried too much about people moving away from old content and it getting abandoned in a sense. Who wants to just play old content? You want something new, and so yes at the beginning you’re going to have a lot of new players and you’re going to play that old content, but it’s an MMO and you’re going to get less and less new users as the game goes on. Yes, older things can kind of fade away, but to combat that we’ll keep adding new content. That’s how we have to deal with that, rather than focusing on keeping players coming back to old content. Then there will be a point where you can come back and look at this older stuff and say “Okay, maybe we’ll renew it.”

Nova Crystallis: I didn’t mean that as a test, but you passed.
    Yoshida: (Laughs)

Maybe it's just me but it seems like they're talking about endgame content. The way I read it... he's saying you'll still be rewarded for doing "old" dungeons like AV/CC/Crystal Tower when the "current" dungeons are for example Labyrinth III and Crystal Tower III.

We'll see I guess. It could go either way, but I don't think the quote confirms it.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    well that's fucking bullshit. if i do a dungeon and see someone in more shinies than me then im gonna be fucking pissed and probably youtube it.
    I KNO RITE

What's the point of even joining a non-legacy server if you are still forced to interact with people that have more levels/jobs/gear than you?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    I KNO RITE

What's the point of even joining a non-legacy server if you are still forced to interact with people that have more levels/jobs/gear than you?
    I guess it depends on your definition of "forced." Who's forcing you to use duty-finder? Why not just search for a party on your server if that bothers you so much? (Insert they should add that feature to duty-finder comment)

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Articus View Post
    I guess it depends on your definition of "forced." Who's forcing you to use duty-finder? Why not just search for a party on your server if that bothers you so much? (Insert they should add that feature to duty-finder comment)
    He was being sarcastic.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    He was being sarcastic.

Oh? Well, it wasn't the first time I've seen THAT complaint, and it won't be the last. The argument still applies.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

My post was making a very-thinly-veiled reference to the fact that the vast majority of people joining non-legacy servers just don't want to see other people with more shinies than they have.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

If I see you driving a Ferrari when I'm on vacation that's cool but if I ain't the only guy in my neighbourhood with one there'll be trouble.

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

People will always complain / bitch about things. Actually like the fact that I can go through these dungeons without talking to people and just leave and never see them again. My first duty finder party involved our tank calling me a cheater and refusing to tank with me in the party. Because he didn't understand the concept that legacy can cross server with non legacy in duty finder.