1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 27 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 32 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 15 hours, 27 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 18 hours, 32 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 163 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmakan View Post
    xivdb.com

look up some of the gear. Everything has str and dex (for MNK). Then toss in some determination, accuracy, and or skillspeed. Each piece of the light DD darklight set is pretty much same. Theres no uniqueness to each piece.

edit, oh im talking about stats, not looks
    so you're upset that gear has optimal stats rather than random ones? maybe i am misunderstanding

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    Can you elaborate on what you mean by this? Just curious because I thought the gear was interesting once you hit 20+. Below that in any game the gear is always unimpressive in my opinion.
    More "grass was greener because I was younger when I saw it" rhetoric. As if rocking White/grey leather, blue/white/brown bone harnesses and gold/blue chainmail in XI in early levels was the pinnacle of "non-meh" gear itemization.

Edit: Oh, you're talking stats? I suppose we should go back to the days when Dragoon fucking AF had CHARISMA on it.

Yes. Lets do that in the interest of satisfying your lust for what was.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Servers are slowly coming back up.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

can't even get the launcher to give me the login section

edit: i guess you just have to complain about it then it works

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmakan View Post
    xivdb.com

look up some of the gear. Everything has str and dex (for MNK). Then toss in some determination, accuracy, and or skillspeed. Each piece of the light DD darklight set is pretty much same. Theres no uniqueness to each piece.

edit, oh im talking about stats, not looks
    I have to disagree. I believe I understand your point, but the idea that each piece of equipment should have beneficial stats for your class is not a bad thing. What may make the difference is crafted gear and what WILL make the changes is the materia. The materia is what is going to make each piece stand out for you.

As far as that website, these are .dat mined stats from ARR? Interesting that it's been done already.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    More "grass was greener because I was younger when I saw it" rhetoric. As if rocking White/grey leather, blue/white/brown bone harnesses and gold/blue chainmail in XI in early levels was the pinnacle of "non-meh" gear itemization.

Edit: Oh, you're talking stats? I suppose we should go back to the days when Dragoon fucking AF had CHARISMA on it.

This is what I thought as well. INT on THF AF Head for Steal success?

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

So much impatience for a beta launch lol. You should expect this kind of stuff in EVERY MMO on a launch-style day like this.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    So much impatience for a beta launch lol. You should expect this kind of stuff in EVERY MMO on a launch-style day like this.
    S-E must be doing something right then, eh?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post

-Why are low level items relevant when he's specifically talking about endgame armor? Did you not bother to go to the site he referred?

-Why are you bringing up FFXI at all? He's not implying he wants to go back to FFXI stats, he's implying he wants FFXIV 1.0 stats back. Go look those up and tell him why he's dumb if you disagree, but please spare us the tangent to rant about how terrible you thought FFXI was: nobody is asking for FFXI. Did you even read his posts?

Hell I don't even agree with his complaint but jfc, the monologues are getting pretty old

Is anyone in right now? Servers look ok but I get some type of web error when I submit my log in credentials.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    Honestly I walked in thinking I would be kicked off 10+ times, have a 30+ minute download, be 2 hours late from the time they said it would go live and crash throughout the entire time I played before work. I was pleasantly surprised when none of that happened.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by popsiclestix View Post
    Is anyone in right now? Servers look ok but I get some type of web error when I submit my log in credentials.
    I am currently online and I've seen a good few dozen people, not like it was before it went down though

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Mina View Post
    Honestly I walked in thinking I would be kicked off 10+ times, have a 30+ minute download, be 2 hours late from the time they said it would go live and crash throughout the entire time I played before work. I was pleasantly surprised when none of that happened.
    Yeah, I was surprised also. Woke up, logged in, made character, walked around before I left for work.

MOST RAD.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pupuru Puru
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

At work now but I was amused at how large my highland f was in relation to everybody else. (I picked the largest, dem tittays)
    Disappointed by the hairstyles though. There's one that was for males in 1.0 that looks pretty good but I can't bring myself to use it.
    I might dick around on a lalafell f because they are so goddamn cute. The bust size slider is barely noticeable lol.

I was a little overwhelmed at the UI and options and at how many quests I was just picking up in the first 30 minutes. When I get home tonight I'll probably get better acclimated.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    -Why are low level items relevant when he's specifically talking about endgame armor? Did you not bother to go to the site he referred?

-Why are you bringing up FFXI at all? He's not implying he wants to go back to FFXI stats, he's implying he wants FFXIV 1.0 stats back. Go look those up and tell him why he's dumb if you disagree, but please spare us the tangent to rant about how terrible you thought FFXI was: nobody is asking for FFXI. Did you even read his posts?

Hell I don't even agree with his complaint but jfc, the monologues are getting pretty old
    The site he linked shows armor across all levels.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Abilities aren't willy-nilly cross class.

CNJ/WHM can use the Thunder line of spells from THM. And any class can use Swiftcast/Surecast (instant/no interrupt) everything else is strictly THM/BLM.

Some traits enhance abilities that must be quested. Looks like "Scathe" and "Manaward" for THM

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Part of this is just guessing but didn't previous armor pieces have some randomness when it came to the additional stats from dungeons?
    And I would imagine materia plays a big part in improving armor.
    As for if the artifact armor impresses or not, I get the feeling that it would be used as a vanity/costume/whateverwe'recallingit set... >.>

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mina View Post
    Part of this is just guessing but didn't previous armor pieces have some randomness when it came to the additional stats from dungeons?
    And I would imagine materia plays a big part in improving armor.
    As for if the artifact armor impresses or not, I get the feeling that it would be used as a vanity/costume/whateverwe'recallingit set... >.>
    Randomness is okay to a point on low level armor, but some of the stats we saw from 1.0 (Enmity, Magic Evasion, etc.) I am guessing will come from materia now. I can't say for sure though. Also, are the weapons/armors still considered "placeholders" for the launch? I know they were saying for a while even during Phase 2 that the equipment in game is still subject to change and some are just there so that we are able to test.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

so anyone else having a problem with na servers? i got kicked off twice in a row almost immediately after logging back in and now it seems i can't even get an na server list, yet all the jp ones are still listed

and now back to not being able to log in

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by djzombie View Post
    so anyone else having a problem with na servers? i got kicked off twice in a row almost immediately after logging back in and now it seems i can't even get an na server list, yet all the jp ones are still listed

and now back to not being able to log in
    I keep getting server not responding message

Quote Originally Posted by popsiclestix View Post
    And now it lets me on as if there were no issues. Also got PS3 code just now :3 Also, are people able to change their resolutions? I am on stuck on the 1280x720 option for my 1920x1080. I have 3 screens, if that may cause the issue.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 163 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast