1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 57 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 2 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 15 hours, 57 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 18 hours, 2 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 163 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast
    Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Yup, all the feels.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by ArchDizzle View Post
    Trying to setup ps3 controller for my wife using scarlet crush drivers, everything installed fine and testing the gamepad and it works. When i open FFXIV it does not respond at all and only gamepad listed in settings is the xbox 360 controller. It's unplugged of course, I tried disabling the 360 controller and it just gave me no device found in settings. Do I need to completely uninstall the 360 controller and drivers to get FFXIV to see the PS3 controller? Halp!
    I haven't had a 360 controller enabled, so I haven't seen this problem. I installed the SC 1.0.0.103 driver today, and it's been flawless so far, and I previously used MotionJoy.

It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Seems to be working fine with everything else, I'll Check it out tomorrow and report back.

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

Mining up to 15 today. Other than leve's and class quests, not really much pickings for gaining experience other than just grinding nodes. Unless I'm missing something.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ardreul Galawen
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Where abouts in Gridania do you hire the retainer once you've unlocked the ability?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xalien Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by bluefan View Post
    Mining up to 15 today. Other than leve's and class quests, not really much pickings for gaining experience other than just grinding nodes. Unless I'm missing something.
    Gathering Log

Quote Originally Posted by Ardrial View Post
    Where abouts in Gridania do you hire the retainer once you've unlocked the ability?
    The Market in Old Grid. There's a desk at the center.

The Spooniest of Bards
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lucian Esperance
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Oh god, I just had so much fun fighting Bernie as an ARC.

I was the first to hit it and managed to keep hate, just ran around in a circle shooting it while my CNJ friend healed, didn't realize everyone else chasing it until after it was dead lol.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Just did all 3 of the first dungeons. They were... pretty fun. Really easy though. I can see the ichorous ire boss being confusing for idiots.

I'm happy with the game but everything just seems a little TOO slow.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Are AF quests available?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

agree first 3 dungeons were fun as i didn't get to them last week, saw a psycheflayer and briareus and forget the other one.

however, after cs grinding to move along the story i stalled out at bowl with no one around to make a party. pretty shitty end for the night with a closed zone, i was gonna return or tele, but wasn't sure how to get back there so i just logged.

The Spooniest of Bards
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lucian Esperance
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

What on earth happened here?

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Been playing the wife's PC beta. Really loving it so far. I lost my shit when I saw auto-trans was back.. good times. I entered three e-mails for PS3 beta. Decided to check my PS3's mail (I downloaded the E3 trailer for a chance) and saw I had a code! If I get any extra PS3 codes I'll give 'em out.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Fereydoon View Post
    If I had to guess, I'd say that anywhere a piece of dalamud struck really fucked up the terrain around it. East of Gridania, there's a spot where there's a similar "What the hell is going on here?" sort of thing with a bunch of floating rocks, though the one out there is actually recognizable as a chunk of Dalamud (or something), whereas that one just looks like a fiery lightning bolt.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Here's the legacy tattoo if no one has noticed yet:

Spoilered for huge:
    Spoiler: show

Quote Originally Posted by Fereydoon View Post

Spoiler: show
    My interpretation? Dalamud shards act as crystallization catalysts. In the pic above, water is crystallized upon impact while splashing.

The Spooniest of Bards
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lucian Esperance
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Evane View Post
    My interpretation? Dalamud shards act as crystallization catalysts. In the pic above, water is crystallized upon impact while splashing.
    That's what I figured, you can also walk around down there, on the crystallized part, some crabs and Qiqirns roam around, pretty neat.

Speaking of neat. Costa Del Sol is amazing looking. Probably my favorite town, with Silver Bazaar coming in second. Thanalan and La Noscea in general just look really good, tropical area around Costa Del Sol is really nice, and the train tracks and stuff in Thanalan add a lot of character to it. I can't wait to see Coerthas and Mor Dhona.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

so Leveled marauder to 30 and while leveling pugilist to 15, I found out we cant unlock jobs , sad panda . anyone know if we will be able to do it in phase 3?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Just when I thought I forgot about noobs and people that just plainly put.... SUCK DONKEY BALLS, I was forced to go through the mines with a good heal and DD but with a terrible 2ndary tank that made me want to cry.
    We barely made it through, because apparently keeping hate on the adds in the final boss fight is apparently too much for him to handle, since he kept trying to take the main ogre's hate off me to no avail. Also, he seemed to not understand the concept of alternating weapon skills on GLA in order to maintain MP, and didn't get why my MP was so high even though I consistently used Flash to keep hate, while he ran out within 30 seconds.

Okay that was my rant for the evening haha... overall, these light party instance fights are a lot of goddamn fun and I love how this game reminds me nothing of XI, which is exactly what I wanted.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Does anyone know how to flag the second tier of dungeons? I apparently just finished up to the end of the story missions but don't have access to them so I'm missing the quest somewhere...
    I just finished the story missions for the beta and ran out of stuff to do.
    What are people doing after those?

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Hellscream

I played at the beginning of FFXIV (when it first launched) for about a month or so. The beta has greatly improved the game, I like the changes a lot. The thing I want more information about is the linkshells. I've heard from a few people in beta that they're going to have guild halls? If anyone has anymore information on linkshells, please let me know. Aside from that, the UI looks so much better, and being able to move it around is really awesome. I just wish you could resize and flip things around. Maybe they'll add that in.

I'm really looking forward to phase 4, I'm interested to see how bard works/plays.