1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 16 hours, 38 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 7 hours, 21 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 9 hours, 38 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 0 hours, 21 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 163 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 ... LastLast
    Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Random replies:

- I'm also pretty sure they did say an SSD would make a significant difference for ARR, and the statement seemed to imply they knew load times were unacceptable on a normal hard drive.

- Thanks for the clarification on the armory. That what I thought (and it is pretty great) I just wanted to make sure I understood it.

- I assume the Calamity NPCs will never go away... or maybe way down the road (when there's only a handful of people who haven't gotten stuff out) they'll change it to a different system. But regardless I don't think you'd ever lose access to your 1.0 inventory.

- They specifically said you could toggle the tattoo mark off, it just must not be implemented yet (unless they changed their minds)

- I guess there's no way around it, but I hate that so much of my gear is GC and not usable until getting through a pretty big chunk of quests. Also then because of cracked materia, more often than not AF is my best remaining available choice. Ugh. There are some jobs that are entirely unusable for me until that point.

- Some absolute gems in the quests so far:

Spoiler: show
    The angry party breakup scene in Grid and also the new adventurer getting the same introductory spiel you run into during the level 20 main quest

It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

AF stats seem to better then before, will just depend on how stats and other gear play out at 50.

For people who have DL/Primal/Relics how are the stats on them compared to 1.0?

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

So I've been told the early way to gather an earth shard is through botany. But that won't help the miner log, would it?

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Maybe a bug then?

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I know it's redenomination, but logging in for the first time on my old character and looking at my gil count still hurt ; ;!
    On the bright side, now I know why I invested in a Titan GFX card, this thing is beautiful!

Edit: And Miounne is cuter than ever before :D

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ArchDizzle View Post
    AF stats seem to better then before, will just depend on how stats and other gear play out at 50.

Garuda claws have much more stats

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by ArchDizzle View Post

Seems my GC gear is now worse than AF, lol.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Gear stats are all placeholders to prevent data mining at the moment from what I've read.

It's sooo veiny

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Lol thats crazy, I was kind of shocked that some of my previously crappy AF pieces were now better then my mediocore triple melds. It's a brand new world!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Also, can't use companions to enter Dungeons/do Guildhests yet :<

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Well did what I wanted for phase 3 now to wait for phase 4 and start the 'head start'

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Hope they can somewhat fix this to some degree because that shit looks ugly as hell, it also clips through shields/weapon on the back.

Spoiler: show

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

It's surprising that they haven't done anything about that yet, in XI there were at least 3 different parts to the head structure to prevent clipping like that from happening.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Stromgarde View Post
    It's surprising that they haven't done anything about that yet
    Didn't they add the long hairs with this phase? I guess fixed will be added later on.

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Icarian View Post
    Hope they can somewhat fix this to some degree because that shit looks ugly as hell, it also clips through shields/weapon on the back.
    That is pretty sad looking... But its the same reason I tend to choose the shorter hair options in everygame. I got tired of my hair clipping through my shield in WoW I loved when they added the Barber Shop so I could finally get rid of it.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

I actually went back to my characters from last week and I'm having ten times the fun I was on the legacy server with my 50. So hard to get groups for shit without the content finder.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Is anyone else actually doing any real theorycrafting/in-depth mechanics testing? We're trying a lot of stuff out on Durandal, but we're limited by FATE boss spawn rates.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Also, can't use companions to enter Dungeons/do Guildhests yet :<
    You say 'yet' but have they said anything about adding this capability? I would love it if they did (duo with chocobos would be sweet).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Zzsark View Post
    You say 'yet' but have they said anything about adding this capability? I would love it if they did (duo with chocobos would be sweet).
    I'm pretty sure they did, but with all the stuff that gets mentioned in different places I might be just imagining this.

Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amiricle Mihgo
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster View Post
    Is anyone else actually doing any real theorycrafting/in-depth mechanics testing? We're trying a lot of stuff out on Durandal, but we're limited by FATE boss spawn rates.
    I haven't really done anything yet, but for anyone who says stats don't matter I say bullshit. My V1 character was in pretty much full dated gear(meaning no stats beyond defense) and the stuff level 10+ took way longer to kill than my char from last week. Well 2-3 spells more anyway.