1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 55 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 21 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 12 hours, 55 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 163 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Just logged in now to get a maintenance message.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Clearly I'm not explaining it well, or I'm in the minority. I'll hush for now.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

that limited resolution im pretty sure is just on the character creation screen, didn't have a problem changing res in game

Ok, now I get it, the Japanese servers are offline =/ I am in Japan with NA client.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

still telling me all worlds are undergoing maintenance.. guess i'll go clean up while they're down

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by popsiclestix View Post
    And now it lets me on as if there were no issues. Also got PS3 code just now :3 Also, are people able to change their resolutions? I am on stuck on the 1280x720 option for my 1920x1080. I have 3 screens, if that may cause the issue.
    I had my FFXIV set 2560x1440 from phase 2, I still had that setting and every other custom graphic setting when i logged in still (and on character selection screen.

If your having the issue after logging in again even though you changed res ingame, may want to check to see if you have write access to the ffxiv folder I guess, since something may be blocking its ability to write changes of the config? O_o

Doubt it though, may want to report it on forums when it actually loads to have it looked into as a bug report.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

logging in successfully now but getting booted at every zone change... oops spoke too soon, back to not logging in. maybe i'll go clean the kitchen while they get this sorted

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

Yep.

Connection to server was lost error on any world I try. It's beta, not unexpected.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmakan View Post
    Clearly I'm not explaining it well, or I'm in the minority. I'll hush for now.
    I think I'm just unsure of what you mean, yeah. If you can make it more clear I'm still curious what you mean.

If you're talking about stat bonuses that one piece of gear has that another doesn't, that still exists it's just that they may share 4/6 stats rather than all be completely different. Is that what you meant?

EDIT: Even the forums are still down. I believe the servers are getting hammered much harder than they anticipated. This is without all the PS3 players and even without some of us working stiffs.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Currently, in addition to the authentication issues, we have confirmed issues with our data centers in Japan. Due to these issues with the data centesr, certain players are having a difficult time logging in or moving to a different area. The issue is being addressed, and new updates will follow as additional information becomes available.

Please note that our NA/EU data centers are working as usual. If you are currently experiencing issues with your World, please test the game on one of our NA/EU Worlds.
    Hey guys good news, na/eu servers are working as intended. el oh fucking el

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

is there any way to see listed all the abilities of the classes ? So i can check which one can "tank"

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

He probably expects gear to have more than stat bonuses? Special effects, etc.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by djzombie View Post
    Hey guys good news, na/eu servers are working as intended. el oh fucking el
    lol'd

Working as intended

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Issah Grimes
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by supercoco View Post
    is there any way to see listed all the abilities of the classes ? So i can check which one can "tank"
    Gladiator is the tank class Marauder could tank I haven't played with it much though.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Had a video driver crash while fighting hoglets. It has happened twice now. Each time it has happened I'm unable to relog in to my character. Connection with the server was lost...10102. /sigh

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by supercoco View Post
    Buy a Lv1 weapon of the class, and swap to it, and you get a list of its abilities.
    Or you can go by the usual...!

Low lvl war/mrd/pld/gla/pug = can tank
    higher lvl = gla/pld and a well geared war/mrd (or a good healer)

Quote Originally Posted by Tarubaby View Post
    Had a video driver crash while fighting hoglets. It has happened twice now. Each time it has happened I'm unable to relog in to my character. Connection with the server was lost...10102. /sigh

Crashes are pretty normal for a beta, especially when they drop one hell of a big massive update compared to phase 2.

Then add few hundred thousand hammering the shit out of SE to get on, probably causing problems. obviously their phase 2 stress test, was not stress testing enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    Buy a Lv1 weapon of the class, and swap to it, and you get a list of its abilities.
    Or you can go by the usual...!

Low lvl war/mrd/pld/gla/pug = can tank
    higher lvl = gla/pld and a well geared war/mrd (or a good healer)
    You need to quest each class this time around I think.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

this login boss is kicking my ass. guess its time to do something other than ineffectively spam their login servers =/

New Odin
    BG Level

Issues with the data centers? Who would've thought not testing them before dropping the NDA would result in problems!

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

They just announced another restart so don't even bother

+ Reply to Thread