1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 1 hours, 1 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 22 hours, 58 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 18 hours, 1 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 15 hours, 58 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 163 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast
    I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    Sooo ? I don't see your issue lol,.
    Our definitions of a quest differ. Though I do understand your view.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Picking up a new class has a legit quest marker, quest text, and exp reward, if I recall correctly from previous beta phases. I'm not sure what more you require. It's pointless as a quest, for sure, but it is a quest by all definitions.

Though if you want to get super technical, you can pick up the weapon and access the class without completing the quest (completing the quest requires you to speak to the guild master with the weapon equipped).

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Siatdiat View Post
    The last beta I played that got flooded so hardcore by excited players and had tons of maintenance was WoW, is this a good sign for the game? If it ends up going the same way as WoW they are going to have to add beta servers for all the people trying to participate in the beta. Can't wait to be focused on one game again, rather than bouncing around different f2p just to kill boredom now and then.
    Hard to compare the 2 companies since...
    1. Unknown amount of beta testers on wow, and how many servers vs ffxiv testers
    2. unknown server capabilities
    3. unknown connection speed

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Picking up a new class has a legit quest marker, quest text, and exp reward, if I recall correctly from previous beta phases. I'm not sure what more you require. It's pointless as a quest, for sure, but it is a quest by all definitions.

Though if you want to get super technical, you can pick up the weapon and access the class without completing the quest (completing the quest requires you to speak to the guild master with the weapon equipped).
    It does have a marker after you speak to the guild receptionist, yes you are correct. However, what my point was is that it only requires going to the guild. It does not require a quest such as those found in XI. I'm not sure why you are arguing with me. I conceded that it can be viewed as a quest and that I did not view it so.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Playing on a JP server because none of the NA/EU servers were showing. So you can make the text bigger int he chatbox, but you can't make the chatbox bigger. Anyone know how to expand it, ala FFXI PS2, and darken the backdrop in the chatlog so it's easier on the eyes?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    Playing on a JP server because none of the NA/EU servers were showing. So you can make the text bigger int he chatbox, but you can't make the chatbox bigger. Anyone know how to expand it, ala FFXI PS2, and darken the backdrop in the chatlog so it's easier on the eyes?
    Are you on PS3 or PC?

PC should be relatively self-explanitory. In Phase 2, you just had to make sure the UI lock is off, start to enter text, then drag a corner with the mouse. PS3, idk.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

As I recall, you have to unlock that specific element (chatbox) to resize it.

It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Top right cornor of chat box is 3 arrow lines click on it and resize as desired

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by ArchDizzle View Post
    Top right cornor of chat box is 3 arrow lines click on it and resize as desired
    I see those but there's no way to get the cursor on them on PS3 and there's a lot of stuff that pops up under the chat log that I can't see because it comes underneath my screen and the log is the only thing you can't move in UI settings

It's sooo veiny

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

On PC in controller mode you can hold LB + click in the right analog stick to go into mouse mode see if that works on PS3. Would probably be L1 + RS click or whichever left trigger is not for your hotbar.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

On PC in controller mode you can hold LB + click in the right analog stick to go into mouse mode see if that works on PS3. Would probably be L1 + RS click or whichever left trigger is not for your hotbar.
    L1+pushing in right trigger enters that mode, but no mouse/cursor pops up to move around the screen. I'll deal for now I suppose

Anti-crusade crusader
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Which server are most BGers going to?

It's sooo veiny

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Well that sucks.

It's sooo veiny

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

For the people playing on the PS3 version how well does it run and look?

friend wants me to ask:

how you reaquire you goobbue mount from 1.0

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

For the people playing on the PS3 version how well does it run and look?
    I'm playing on JP server so could be ping issue, but other characters move real laggy like, but my character moves around fine and smoothly. Haven't gone out of Uldah yet though. Controls are taking time to get used to, but that was expected.

It's sooo veiny

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'm playing on JP server so could be ping issue, but other characters move real laggy like, but my character moves around fine and smoothly. Haven't gone out of Uldah yet though. Controls are taking time to get used to, but that was expected.
    How are the visuals and framerate?

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

How are the visuals and framerate?
    I think the visuals are great. I have nothing to compare it to, since this is my first experience in XIV. Haven't done battle so I'm not sure what the frame rate there is like, seems okay in town. Takes time for quest givers to pop up because there's so many jerks around it.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

Quote Originally Posted by Airenn View Post
    friend wants me to ask:

how you reaquire you goobbue mount from 1.0
    You can't get it yet. Only the 1.0 characters that acquired them during 1.0 will have them, and we don't get our 1.0 characters until the next test in phase 3.

It's sooo veiny

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Thanks for the info!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 163 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast