1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 27 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 32 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 1 hours, 27 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 8 hours, 32 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 162 of 163 FirstFirst ... 112 152 160 161 162 163 LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Persona Nongrata
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Null View Post
    People will always complain / bitch about things. Actually like the fact that I can go through these dungeons without talking to people and just leave and never see them again. My first duty finder party involved our tank calling me a cheater and refusing to tank with me in the party. Because he didn't understand the concept that legacy can cross server with non legacy in duty finder.
    Good god. Way to ruin that guys Immersion.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    If I see you driving a Ferrari when I'm on vacation that's cool but if I ain't the only guy in my neighbourhood with one there'll be trouble.
    Epic.

They're coming to take me away. Ha Ha!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    If I see you driving a Ferrari when I'm on vacation that's cool but if I ain't the only guy in my neighbourhood with one there'll be trouble.
    I think you have your metaphor backwards, or I'm somehow misinterpreting your position in it.

If Legacy = Ferrari, then doesn't your server = your neighborhood? If you're Legacy, aren't you then on a Legacy Server with a bunch of OTHER Legacy (Ferrari) players, and so, unsatisfied? Wouldn't the Dungeon Finder with people from other servers (neighborhoods) be like your Vacation? Aren't you then LESS likely to run into other Legacy players since most servers are non-Legacy? So the condition under which you are OK with seeing other Ferraris is less likely to see them, while the condition under which you don't want to see them is very common, isn't that a bad thing (for you)?

wow

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

That was funny.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Did someone say ferrari? vroom vroom
    http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/...0406/sag02.jpg

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Wasn't Sage Sundi doing interviews for FFXIV 1.0 near the start and all that? What happened to that guy?

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Oh shit yeah, everyone was bummed that Sundi tagged along with Tanaka when they first started the tiny amount of PR for 1.0. Did he go back to XI?

EL - Airship Pirate
    Airship Captain of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aero Ashwind
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    Wasn't Sage Sundi doing interviews for FFXIV 1.0 near the start and all that? What happened to that guy?
    Cheese sandwich, please look forward to it™.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvrdragon View Post
    I think you have your metaphor backwards, or I'm somehow misinterpreting your position in it.

If Legacy = Ferrari, then doesn't your server = your neighborhood? If you're Legacy, aren't you then on a Legacy Server with a bunch of OTHER Legacy (Ferrari) players, and so, unsatisfied? Wouldn't the Dungeon Finder with people from other servers (neighborhoods) be like your Vacation? Aren't you then LESS likely to run into other Legacy players since most servers are non-Legacy? So the condition under which you are OK with seeing other Ferraris is less likely to see them, while the condition under which you don't want to see them is very common, isn't that a bad thing (for you)?
    I don't really care one way or the other about Legacy status, but perhaps this infographic might help you understand the (admittedly confusing due to "ain't" usage) metaphor:

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Check it out, some of those non-legacy folks' camels don't even have all four feet! Those poor suckers.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

The hell would most bling Ferrari be doing on the starter tracks? Shit's going to be racing on Rainbow Road, not Donut Plains, so until non-Legacy get to the higher tracks, they won't be seeing many bling Ferrari to complain about.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

really.. whats going on in this thread lol.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    The hell would most bling Ferrari be doing on the starter tracks? Shit's going to be racing on Rainbow Road, not Donut Plains, so until non-Legacy get to the higher tracks, they won't be seeing many bling Ferrari to complain about.
    Legit lost my shit at work reading that. Thanks.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Ferrari or not, you know we're going to be spending the first X hours sorting all of our junk from 1.0 and retooling the interface as soon as we get out of the first instance anyway.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
    Ferrari or not, you know we're going to be spending the first X hours sorting all of our junk from 1.0 and retooling the interface as soon as we get out of the first instance anyway.
    I won't.
    I already got my UI and everything how I want it during p3 (and screenshotted it for reference... it'll be quick) and I'll be leveling ACN at the expense of everything until I lock SCH at the very least.

Then I'll start doing all of that.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

In this case, Ferraris need to run a few restrictor plate laps on Donut Plains and Koopa Beach to unlock all their high-performance parts for use on Rainbow Road.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    In this case, Ferraris need to run a few restrictor plate laps on Donut Plains and Koopa Beach to unlock all their high-performance parts for use on Rainbow Road.
    Well, they'll need to go buy new, certified parts, but they won't need to re-qualify, for the new Rainbow Road track. They already meet the tracks entrance requirements, based on the previous league circuit rules.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Well, they'll need to go buy new, certified parts, but they won't need to re-qualify, for the new Rainbow Road track. They already meet the tracks entrance requirements, based on the previous league circuit rules.
    I wouldn't be so sure about that.