1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 11 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 48 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 14 hours, 11 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 19 hours, 48 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Definitely getting the weird texturing on my nVidia. Really REALLY jarring considering how the rest of the game looks.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I don't have access to the same tools I do in FFXI, but it looks sort of like the embroidery is an overlay using a boolean alpha transparency map.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

xfire/sli support has not been implemented yet, correct?

It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I believe that is correct and Yoshi P said it would be ready at launch.. Someone wlse correct me if i'm wrong on overload with info at this point.

Post from a dev a few months ago.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...l=1#post933810

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

I haven't notice enough to really bother me (zomg the grass jaggies...!)

http://forum.neko-sentai.com/attachm...1&d=1371526559

oh and slight oddness with shadows but not enough to really get to me (as you can see bottom left large shadow)

http://forum.neko-sentai.com/attachm...3&d=1371526531

and this one, the "rock" bottom right looks ok, although the wire looking things in the distance is sort of hmmm

http://forum.neko-sentai.com/attachm...1&d=1371526559

images are with a 670 Nvidia GTX using 320.18 drivers window borderless mode (maxed out manually set graphics)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

For CCC you can enable morphilogical filtering, but only works in fullscreen. This 100% fixes the AA issue, BUT, and this is big, really makes the UI look like shit.

And they're spectacular!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitzy Mystfire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmakan View Post
    For CCC you can enable morphilogical filtering, but only works in fullscreen. This 100% fixes the AA issue, BUT, and this is big, really makes the UI look like shit.
    Morphological = blurry shit. I prefer some minor jaggies any day over that.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Once thing I noticed about Borderless Windowed mode is that it forces a resolution of 1600x900. That may be why AA appears to not work in that mode. Fortunately you can circumvent this by manually setting the resolution in FFXIV.cfg.

Banned.

BG Level

Oh man, i need this thread. I'll post my findings shortly (since beta is about to come up). Would like to hear from fellow ATI users as well

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Wanted to post this here to see if its just me or if others are experiencing this. I have a multi monitor setup, but I only play ffxiv on one, while I have several other programs open in the other. I find that if I play while having Chrome open, the frame rate of the game goes down to ridiculousness. Even worse if there are gifs playing. Is this just an ATI thing or are nVidia people experiencing this too?

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by bori View Post
    Wanted to post this here to see if its just me or if others are experiencing this. I have a multi monitor setup, but I only play ffxiv on one, while I have several other programs open in the other. I find that if I play while having Chrome open, the frame rate of the game goes down to ridiculousness. Even worse if there are gifs playing. Is this just an ATI thing or are nVidia people experiencing this too?
    It's not a bug, it's a feature!

But seriously, you can toggle the framerate drop as well as music playing when not in focus in the system settings menu.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by bori View Post
    I used to have that issue with Firefox, and I never found a fix.

There's a setting in Chrome to "use hardware acceleration" or something. Find that and turn it off and see how that goes for you.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Stromgarde View Post
    It's not a bug, it's a feature!

But seriously, you can toggle the framerate drop as well as music playing when not in focus in the system settings menu.
    too bad those 2 features seem semi buggy atm ;/

Also, chrome uses GPU acceleration (although its not lagging me as hard as it seems to be lagging you, I have it open with like 30 tabs)

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm using a fresh install of w7 with the newest CCC that apparently required net 4.0. This is what my game looks like. I don't know of any jaggy problems. The only thing that annoys me is the shadows for the trees like to sort of... flicker weirdly. Also the lighting changes slightly every now and then and it's kind of jarring. I've also been running a fresh install of chrome with 2-5 tabs while xiv is open with zero problems.

Bleh, pictures are too big to upload to bg bucket.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

I always had a little tree flicker and blocky shadows on my 5850.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    too bad those 2 features seem semi buggy atm ;/

Also, chrome uses GPU acceleration (although its not lagging me as hard as it seems to be lagging you, I have it open with like 30 tabs)
    Wasn't referring to that feature though. I was referring to while having the game active, and having Chrome open in the background, that's when the fps is pretty low.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Not sure what SE have done but SweetFX doesn't work now for me

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

anyone getting vid card failures or issues while running the game?

occasionally i'll crash/restart and i'm back in nintendo resolution, as if my drivers weren't installed or my card wasn't detected. upon restart i'm fine though.

currently running two 7870's.