Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Eh, I'm okay with it in this case. Sony really needs to Market this hard to make up for the last few abominations that passed for Spider-Man

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Tony going all IM3 on peter. Does the suit make you or do you make the suit?

They do pretty much give away the whole movie in this one, but I'm not as concerned with that in Marvel movies. Superhero plays around. Villian does bad stuff. Superhero has "I need to be a good hero moment". Superhero saves the day. It's more about the experience to me. It's not like a couple thriller movies recently where they gave away major plot points in the trailers and ruined the experience.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Gotta say, at least this is somewhat addressing the "this huge thing happened, why did only one hero show up to help" issue people seemed to be having with the MCU

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The "Now I've seen the whole movie" crowd really needs to stop watching trailers.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Confident that, even though they showed what seems to be basically the whole plot, they still have plenty of surprises left over. Hyped, even if I feel like I know a little too much, especially post-suit stuff.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Earlier today, we got a great big look at Sony and Marvel’s collaboration on Spider-Man: Homecoming. Now, at CinemaCon 2017, Homecoming producer and former Sony Pictures chief Amy Pascal is telling the press that the two studios might not work together again after the already-planned sequel. Whaaa?
    http://io9.gizmodo.com/sony-is-weird...fte-1793742647

Is this just some weird power play? Probably. But still, all those people complaining about too much Tony Stank in this movie, I hope you're happy >.>

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Sony being Sony. They needed Disney to drag them out of the gutter. Now that they feel they got their legs back, they're going in a different direction. I hope they fucking fail hard and sell off the rights to all their characters completely and Disney lowballs the shit out of them.

Tio Derp
    DHC Glitch of the House of Weave

BG Level

If this ends with Spidey getting his Iron Spider suit for movie 2 that would be so fucking clutch

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    http://io9.gizmodo.com/sony-is-weird...fte-1793742647

Is this just some weird power play? Probably. But still, all those people complaining about too much Tony Stank in this movie, I hope you're happy >.>
    Is there a such thing as too much Tony Stark?? Jesus Sony, good luck sucking again. Fucking Amy Pascal needs to be fucking fired. She has NO clue what she's doing(looking at you ghost busters).

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

After reading the quote in question, I don't think she said it in the way the article presented it. More along the lines of "When was the last time you saw so many companies working together like this? It's unheard of. It might never even happen again". I don't take that as "Thanks for the ratings chumps, we got this from here".

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

okay the earth shattering news here for me is how Feige is pronounced. NOT how I've been saying it in my head

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    After reading the quote in question, I don't think she said it in the way the article presented it. More along the lines of "When was the last time you saw so many companies working together like this? It's unheard of. It might never even happen again". I don't take that as "Thanks for the ratings chumps, we got this from here".
    She said after the sequel, implying that Spidey will only have 3 movies. It's typical Sony stupidity.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    okay the earth shattering news here for me is how Feige is pronounced. NOT how I've been saying it in my head
    I always thought it was fey-hee.

Also at Salodin: You don't honestly expect a rep from one company say something like that, that openly about another company, do you?

Tbh it is possible it's actually Dinsey who's making the power move or setting up Sony to fail. It's not far fetched.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I think io9 represented her quote pretty well, specifically:
    In fact, it may never happen again—after we do the sequel.
    Like I said though, it's probably Sony making a power play -- holding the threat that they only have a limited deal in place and can pull Spiderman back whenever said deal is over and not sign on for more films/appearances.

Also, how's Disney making the power play when they're not the ones saying anything..?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Also, how's Disney making the power play when they're not the ones saying anything..?
    Jedi Mind Tricks!!

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus View Post
    I always thought it was fey-hee.

Also at Salodin: You don't honestly expect a rep from one company say something like that, that openly about another company, do you?

Tbh it is possible it's actually Dinsey who's making the power move or setting up Sony to fail. It's not far fetched.
    i thought it was pronounce similar to assuage or beige

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I think io9 represented her quote pretty well, specifically:

Like I said though, it's probably Sony making a power play -- holding the threat that they only have a limited deal in place and can pull Spiderman back whenever said deal is over and not sign on for more films/appearances.

Because they know Sony is going to fuck up spectacularly.

Sony is basically saying that once Marvel makes a successful franchise for them they're going to run with it and not make another deal.

They're full of themselves, and Disney knows it.

A. Body
    BG Level

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by GRT View Post
    The eyes malfunction lol.