+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 LastLast
    BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Saw it last night. Best Spider-Man movie ever!

Spoiler: show
    Movie was just about perfect. One of best standalone Marvel movies so far I think. I know everybody says that after they make a good one I guess I'm still riding the high from it. Tom Holland did a awesome job as Peter. I mean we knew he was going to be great from Civil War but he just slammed dunked it this time. Michael Keaton was commiting robbery literally and figuratively in this cause he almost stole the movie! They changed his character from the comic drastically but, meh. In the comic he is a cold and remorseless killer. He is not one of my favorite Spidey villains so I didn't care much. I liked how they tied in his character to the The Avengers. Gave him a legitimate reason to hate Stark and a good one to turn to a life of crime. I hope they bring him back in another Spider-man movie. The guy who played Ned did a good job too. "CHAIR GUY!" I actually liked the girl who played MJ. Or she is not really suppose to be Mary Jane? Idk.. I liked her goth/punk personality. Sitting in detention for no reason lol. Well this is dragging on. One more thing though.. I completely missed that it was Scorpion in the movie. My thinking, "Oh! It's Nacho from Better Call Saul." : P

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    Saw it last night. Best Spider-Man movie ever!

Movie was just about perfect. One of best standalone Marvel movies so far I think. I know everybody says that after they make a good one I guess I'm still riding the high from it. Tom Holland did a awesome job as Peter. I mean we knew he was going to be great from Civil War but he just slammed dunked it this time. Michael Keaton was commiting robbery literally and figuratively in this cause he almost stole the movie! They changed his character from the comic drastically but, meh. In the comic he is a cold and remorseless killer. He is not one of my favorite Spidey villains so I didn't care much. I liked how they tied in his character to the The Avengers. Gave him a legitimate reason to hate Stark and a good one to turn to a life of crime. I hope they bring him back in another Spider-man movie. The guy who played Ned did a good job too. "CHAIR GUY!" I actually liked the girl who played MJ. Or she is not really suppose to be Mary Jane? Idk.. I liked her goth/punk personality. Sitting in detention for no reason lol. Well this is dragging on. One more thing though.. I completely missed that it was Scorpion in the movie. My thinking, "Oh! It's Nacho from Better Call Saul." : P
    MJ but not Mary Jane. Michelle ...whatever her J is. But calling her MJ just tells the audience "this is the girl who's going to fill MJ's role in the MCU" while not being bound to details that don't really matter like what colour her hair is.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Saw this last night. Enjoyed it.

MCU getting better at villains. Keaton was a well written, intimidating villain.

MJ scenes were funny. I love this new refreshing take on the character.

Tom Holland great as Spidey once again. I enjoyed watching him and his friend deal with Peter's secret identity, instead of watching a lone Spidey moan to himself again.

Only gripes was the suit tech. I know it served as a plot device, but those parts of the movie just reminded me more of an Iron Man film than a Spiderman film. I'm hoping he doesn't use it to that extent in future films.

Also felt Flash and Liz were pretty forgettable as well. There's only so much you can do with the Flash character, I suppose. Liz was nothing more than a plot device.

All around fun movie that had pleasant surprises and gave us the best Spiderman yet.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Myr said I should dodge roll
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fiendish One
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Unrelated but damn she's fallen hard off the map since bein MJ. . . . .

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Saw it finally. Pretty great. Keaton is the (bird)man!

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Saw it like a month late. It was great, my favorite Spooderman movie. Though I grew up seeing the comics in the Sunday paper, I only read a few, so I don't feel any real attachment to Mary Jane or the villains, which leaves me free to enjoy all the reimagined/updated characters. I love the current take on Spidey, didn't care for Liz or Flash too much, and this new MJ character was amazingly funny for me. Overall I think the movie had some great scenes and Vulture was amazing.

I am just as inclined as most to say "this is my favorite Marvel movie so far", but I might actually mean it for one big reason. I love the high-energy, comedic tone of most of the movie as it's centered around a high school kid, but more importantly, we get to see him grow. After all, Peter is still a kid right now. While there is some character growth portrayed in other Marvel movies, all of the other superheros we've seen are already fully grown adults. They've lived long enough to have formed their own strong opinions about things. But Peter is almost a blank slate and he still has a ton of growing to do. Just the fact that this movie was so centered around guidance & growth for the main hero, rather than simply thwarting an evil plot or making one single big decision, puts it ahead of most MCU movies for me.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Fiendishone View Post
    Should hear her comments about this movie. tl;dr it's an obvious cash grab and not as good as hers lol

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Lol I'd be salty too if

Zendaya, who isn't even the traditional MJ, is better than Dunst's MJ. To me, at least.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'm just so confused by what is going on up there

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I feel like Dunst was actually decent as Mary Jane.

That being said, she's like every child actor ever.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Kirsten Dunst fucking stinks.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

This definitely wasn't my favorite MCU movie but it was good. It's top 5 though, maybe 3rd or 4th.

Keaton was the best part about this movie. What a fantastic villain, what a scary mother fucker. I'm loving the Marvel casting as of late with him and Ego.

I think I expected a little more out of this movie tbh, but I'm very happy with it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Keaton completely stole this film. I was intimidated just sitting in the theatre. He doesn't get the credit he deserves (outside of BG).

*snip*
    Don't even care. Would smash morning noon and night. Long as she kept the leggings and wig on.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    Keaton completely stole this film. I was intimidated just sitting in the theatre. He doesn't get the credit he deserves (outside of BG).

Don't even care. Would smash morning noon and night. Long as she kept the leggings and wig on.
    For real. The entire car scene to the prom was intense.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    Kirsten Dunst fucking stinks.
    Tom Holland responds to Kirsten Dunst’s ‘Homecoming’ criticism

http://www.nme.com/news/film/spider-...ticism-2119451

You know, she’s entitled to her own opinion and I’m not one to judge at all. I definitely am not doing this movie for the money. I mean, it’s a job that I think anyone would do regardless of what you were getting paid, you know? All I know is I had the greatest time on this movie and I absolutely loved it and, you know, if she doesn’t want to go and see it, I don’t really care. I don’t dislike her in any way for what she said and she’s entitled to her own opinion, so it’s all cool.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Why is any of this newsworthy?

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

this

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Because our dumbass culture will report on literally anything a celebrity does. Like I've seen my mom watch TMZ and there will be stuff like "here's a picture of J.Lo having a bagel." Dunst probably said that shit specifically to get people to remember she's alive.

Good on Holland though for a classy response to her dumb shit.

A. Body
    BG Level

dunst was great in Fargo season 2