Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Spiderman and his friend create a super hot genie woman?

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Spiderman gets locked in detention for a day because he spilled Flash's lunch all over Mary Jane and got in a fight while Gwen Stacy is knocked up by Harry?

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Marisa Tomei to Play Aunt May in New ‘Spider-Man’ Movie
    Now that Marvel and Sony have found their Peter Parker, the focus has turned to the aunt who raised him.

Sources tell Variety that Marisa Tomei is the choice to play Aunt May in the next installment of the “Spider-Man” franchise.

Sony and Marvel had no comment on the casting.

While insiders could not say where things stood in the deal-making process, they have added that an offer was made late last week for the Oscar-winning actress to join Tom Holland, who was recently tapped to play the web-slinging superhero.

Marvel and Sony recently hand-picked Holland to play Spider-Man after months of meetings and screen tests with eager young actors, in addition to selecting “Cop Car” helmer Jon Watts to direct the pic.

The studios are still in the process of finding a writer to join Watts in the screenwriting process but insiders explained that the top brass also wanted to lock down other actors who would appear in multiple films so schedules could be worked out before shooting commences next year.

Kevin Feige and Amy Pascal will produce the pic, and though Holland is expected to first appear in “Captain America: Civil War” in a cameo appearance as Parker, it seems more likely that Tomei will not appear until the first “Spider-Man” film bows on July 28, 2017.

The job marks a new direction for Tomei, who generally sticks to dramas like “The Ides of March” and “The Wrestler,” or romantic comedies like “Crazy Stupid Love” and “My Cousin Vinny” (which landed her an Oscar), rather than studio tentpoles.

She can be seen next in “Train Wreck” opposite Amy Schumer and is currently filming “The Big Short” with Christian Bale and Ryan Gosling. Tomei will also have a recurring role in the second season of Fox’s hit “Empire.” She is repped by CAA and Untitled Entertainment.

BG Level

PETAH THAT IS NAWUT A BUICK SKOILAHK

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Errbody gonna be hot for Aunt May lmao. Too young IMO but nice on the eyes

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Welp... peeps wanted a "back to basics" Spider-Man. Cartoon and a few comics had Aunt May in low tear 50s and Marisa is about that age now so... you're welcome?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein (The Incredible Burt Wonderstone / Horrible Bosses / new Vacation) chosen to write, Film will be a Action Comedy
    http://deadline.com/2015/07/spider-m...in-1201485803/

BG Level

*sigh*

Tio Derp
    DHC Glitch of the House of Weave

BG Level

Wat

do not want

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ardreul Galawen
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein (The Incredible Burt Wonderstone / Horrible Bosses / new Vacation) chosen to write, Film will be a Action Comedy
    http://deadline.com/2015/07/spider-m...in-1201485803/
    DEADLINE: With Vacation, you tackled original subject matter from Hughes and Harold Ramis, who are giants. Here, we’ve seen twice the story of Peter Parker’s formative years. I’ve heard the new movies will take him through high school. What about that appeals to you?

DALEY: Lot of specifics still have to be worked out, and we’ll be sitting with Jon Watts to figure it out, shortly. We definitely were attracted to approaching it from the standpoint of a real kid, a high school geek who, just because he gets super powers he doesn’t really want, doesn’t become a superhero right away.

GOLDSTEIN: It’s a long journey. You don’t want him to become someone capable of saving the world by second act. There is a wish fulfillment opportunity here in that few superheroes are given powers like this, and then has to navigate how to use them in a responsible way. Peter Parker is a geek, like us, and one of the very few superheroes who would actually read comic books. Stan Lee has said he wrote it that way, with wish fulfillment in mind, where most superheroes are very handsome adults, with superpowers. This is a real kid we’re talking about.
    I don't like this. It makes it seem like another origin story

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

You're dead, Sweets! Quit taking things to the grave with you!

BG Level

Saw Vacation and immediately any hope was lost. They look like they're going for the Deadpool demographic.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

People need to chill the fuck out. Remember the skepticism people had when the Russos had when they were annoucned for Winter Soldier? The only thing "significant" they did was some Community and Arrested Development. It turned into the best Marvel movie made. Or the time that Edgar Wright parted ways with Ant-Man, then lost it's next director a day after hiring him, then going with Peyton Reed like a day later? People said it was doomed. Turned into a pretty good movie. Or when everyone criticized Marvel over casting Mark Ruffalo over Ed Norton as Bruce Banner. And he was the best Banner/Hulk by far.

Marvel and Sony both have a lot riding on this. Kevin Feige is not going to let it get fucked up. Yeesh.

but the writers *have* done significant work, and it is very bad

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Well I quite enjoyed Horrible Bosses. If you don't think that movie is funny, I'm pretty sure there's something wrong with you. Also, one of the guys that did the screenplay for Iron Man 2 (garbage) also worked on Tropic Thunder (greatness). And the screenwriters for Thor 2, Pain and Gain and the Narnia movies also did Winter Soldier. I'm sure you could probably find an endless list of bad movies from good writers and vice versa. I'm reserving judgment until a significant amount more is known and we see it in action.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    People need to chill the fuck out. Remember the skepticism people had when the Russos had when they were annoucned for Winter Soldier? The only thing "significant" they did was some Community and Arrested Development. It turned into the best Marvel movie made. Or the time that Edgar Wright parted ways with Ant-Man, then lost it's next director a day after hiring him, then going with Peyton Reed like a day later? People said it was doomed. Turned into a pretty good movie. Or when everyone criticized Marvel over casting Mark Ruffalo over Ed Norton as Bruce Banner. And he was the best Banner/Hulk by far.

Marvel and Sony both have a lot riding on this. Kevin Feige is not going to let it get fucked up. Yeesh.
    Preach. This literally cannot fail. I'm just hoping more villains we haven't seen in the movies yet get screen time.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I like the rumored picks for Harry and Mary-Jane, even Vulture...but Scorpion? What the jeebus.

BG Level

Um. Fake. Jason Biggs is nowhere near worthy of serious role.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast