FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Marc Webb confirmed to return to Direct
    It shouldn't come as a surprise to learn that Marc Webb, the director of the first two Amazing Spider-Man movies, will be back to direct the third. The film is current being written by Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci, and Jeff Pinkner.

So far I'm completely satisfied with what Webb has done with this franchise, and it's great that he's still going to be at the helm bringing us awesome Spider-Man stories and characters.

Andrew Garfield and Paul Giamatti are both set to reprise their roles in a third movie. We don't know who else will return, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see who's still standing at the end of The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

The Amazing Spider-Man 3 is set to be released on June 10th, 2016. Sony Pictures has a fourth film planned that will be released on May 4th, 2018, and they also are planning some villain spin-off movies that will include Venom.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/marc-webb...g-spider-man-3
    http://variety.com/2014/film/news/an...es-1201118909/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

J. Jonah Jameson may return
    Of all the casting choices in Sam Raimi’s Spider-Man trilogy, J.K. Simmons as The Daily Bugle publisher J. Jonah Jameson is perhaps the most perfect. With his mile-a-minute patter and his ability to fire and rehire someone in the space of a single breath, Jameson still stands out as one of the most memorable aspects of Raimi’s franchise – not to mention, the face that launched a thousand memes.

Simmons was so great in the role, in fact, that it’s hard to imagine any other actor playing Jameson in the rebooted universe of The Amazing Spider-Man and its sequels. This has been true of other comic book characters in the past; before The Dark Knight it was hard to imagine anyone pulling off the role of the Joker as well as Jack Nicholson did. In this case, however, even The Amazing Spider-Man director Marc Webb admits that it’s an incredibly tough role to recast.

During a Google+ Hangout promoting the upcoming release of The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Webb was asked about the possibility of J. Jonah Jameson showing up in either The Amazing Spider-Man 3 (which Webb is also directing) or Amazing Spider-Man 4. While Webb couldn’t say for sure, he definitely seemed keen on the prospect.

I like the idea very much of him coming up in the next film. It was more easy to accept a new Spider-Man than someone who could outdo J.K. Simmons in that role, he is so iconic. That’s something we’ve really talked about. Obviously I love that character because he poses such an interesting dilemma for Spider-Man. The answer is I don’t know, but I think you can expect to see him in the future.
    As far as the viral marketing for The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is concerned, Jameson is already part of the movies – even if he hasn’t appeared onscreen yet. Sony set up a website for The Daily Bugle and posted an editorial from the desk of J. Jonah James, decrying the so-called “heroic” actions of the public menace known as Spider-Man.

If Jameson does appear in The Amazing Spider-Man 3 or The Amazing Spider-Man 4 then it might be possible to simply bring Simmons back to play the role again – he has, after all, said that he would be open to returning. The only actor to have appeared in both franchises so far is Stan Lee, who is sort of an exception to the rule; still, if any character could make it through a universe reboot without a single moustache hair out of place, then Jameson is that character.
    http://screenrant.com/amazing-spider...jonah-jameson/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nxlsb9RxBM

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

PLEASE

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

That would be a very good decision.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Spoilered because Spider-Man 2 just came out in NA and there is a lot of story spoilers.

More Emma Stone?
    Spoiler: show
    Spoiler: show
    In the sequel to the 2012 reboot to the Spider-Man movie franchise, the theme of the story is time – specifically, not having enough of it. Peter Parker never had enough time with his parents, his Uncle Ben – or even with life as a carefree teenager, before fate pushed power and responsibility onto his shoulders. Even with the powers of a superhuman, Peter never seems to have enough time to save the ones he cared about – especially two members of the same family.

Between Amazing Spider-Man 1 & 2, Peter loses Captain Gwen Stacy and his daughter Gwen (the love of Peter’s life) to the supervillains created from Oscorp science. The loss of Gwen (Emma Stone) is undoubtedly the harder of the two, and the full ramifications of that tragedy have yet to be felt (we expect it’ll be a major starting point for Amazing Spider-Man 3).

While at the Amazing Spider-Man 2 junket in New York City, we sat down with Emma Stone to talk about returning to the role of Gwen Stacy, the very modern (and feminist) take on the character, and how it felt filming that climatic final death scene with her real-life boyfriend Andrew Garfield.

Screen Rant: How is it coming back for a second time to a role that is so iconic? Do you feel like you have more comfort with it, more ownership with it? Can you tell me about that?

I think I was so excited for the second one because I knew what was going to be happening with Gwen’s story. And yeah, the character in comic book history is just incredibly iconic and a really important part of the Spider-Man that we now know in modern day. A lot of people didn’t know the Gwen Stacy story. I didn’t know it before I auditioned to play her, so it was pretty cool being back in it.
    One thing I noticed that’s very distinct is this is really one of the first comic book films that really emphasizes that the woman behind the hero is every bit his equal. Was that something was already loaded in the script, or did you have more kind of input into the character and really kind of emphasized that from your end?

They were pretty clear that that’s what they wanted to—the kind of Gwen that they wanted. At my first audition, that she was going to be his equal and that she was going to be a modern woman. But I think especially in the second movie that point is really driven home because she is so willfully putting herself into these situations even though he wants to protect her and keep his distance from her. And she’s also, you know her ambitions are strong and she’s going off to school and she’s carving out her own path with or without Peter.
    The “Wait here and let me protect you!” thing really doesn’t fly anymore.

Yeah, it doesn’t really fly with her. Especially when she gets webbed to a car, she’s super pissed.
    All right, now talking towards the end of the movie… how was it filming that final scene with Andrew and how was that, just getting into the emotions of that?

It was pretty crazy, I mean, it takes a while to film. It takes like a week, so you’re sort of, you know, all the different parts of it. But we shot it out of sequence, so I actually croaked before I croaked, if that makes any sense. Like a frog. I’m not talking about death, I’m talking about frog noises. Just kidding. So I had to do the death scene and my last day actually on the movie was Dane holding me as the Goblin about to drop me. So that was probably the most emotional part. Just because it was—I was about to fall and I also knew it was my last day and my last time working with these people…
    Is it [you're last time working with these people]?

I don’t know… is it?
    SR: Is it?

There could be a—I don’t know, there’s a whole plotline that could happen that may bring her back.
    What Emma is of course referring to is the multiple times in the comics that Gwen Stacy has been brought back to life, more often than not as a clone. In classic Spider-Man lore, Gwen Stacy returns as a clone created by Professor Miles Warren, a.k.a., The Jackal, a mastermind mad scientist who makes Peter Parker’s life a hell of clones and uncertainty. Warren’s character was just one of many Amazing Spider-Man 2 comic book references fans spotted in the sequel, so the character is now officially part of the movie universe, if only tangentially.

However, in the Ultimate Spider-Man mythos (on which much of this film series is based), Gwen returns as a humanoid disguise of “Ultimate Carnage,” the murderous symbiote who is a fan-favorite nemesis of both Spider-Man and Venom – the latter of whom is also getting a feature film, which could also feature the Carnage entity as an antagonist. As we discussed on our Amazing Spider-Man 2 podcast episode, seeing Emma Stone’s adorable face morph into a freakish symbiote creature would be a thrill – and the kind of mashup between Spider-Man and The Thing that we wouldn’t mind seeing.
    http://screenrant.com/amazing-spider...n-stacy-death/

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

might want to move the other stuff into the spoiler too, lol

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Delayed to 2018 (the year ASM4 was supposed to be released)
    Meanwhile, Amazing Spider-Man 1 & 2 director Marc Webb’s Amazing Spider-Man 3 has been pushed to 2018 (presumably, the May 2018 spot that Sony is currently holding onto).

However, there are some pressing questions to ask about Sinister Six. For one, will the movie feature Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker/Spidey, seeing how the actor previously said he’s only contracted for three Spider-Man films - and if the final movie that’s part of Garfield’s current deal is meant to be Amazing Spider-Man 3 (as would make the most sense), does that mean Sinister Six won’t actually feature his Spider-Man?

Having said all that, the good news is that releasing Sinister Six before Amazing Spider-Man 3 frees up the latter from having to devote too much of its running time to world-building (a la The Amazing Spider-Man 2). Plus, Marvel Studios left the May 2018 frame open for Sony’s next Amazing Spider-Man installment – which means that Webb’s film will have more time to develop, fewer larger franchise duties to fulfill, and less direct competition to face at the box office.
    http://screenrant.com/sinister-six-r...er-man-3-2018/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Release date changed to July 28, 2017 per press release issued by Sony & Marvel
    http://marvel.com/news/movies/24062/..._of_spider-man

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

That sucks, I liked him.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Same. Plus now we deal with another reboot. Ugh.

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    donald glover time to shine. intro starts with spodarman dying and a little black boy(hobbit style) gambino gonna get the bite and become king

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

So they're continuing the existing Spiderman, let's say universe, which will essentially be part of the MCU?

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    So they're continuing the existing Spiderman, let's say universe, which will essentially be part of the MCU?
    ??????????????

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Everything is saying a new creative direction so I would expect all those previously announced Sony films and the past events are dead at the moment.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'm guessing what will happen is no origin story and straight into MCU. That or it will be an origin story with other heroes. Because they can.

I also have the highest feeling that while Sony will have final creative control, they aren't going to get in the way with what Marvel does best. They want to make money too.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

??????????????
    Amazing Spider-Man 1 & 2 producers, Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach, to remain as Executive Producers going forward.

http://deadline.com/2015/02/spider-m...rs-1201370228/

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Please, please stay far away from the annoyance stain that is Miles Morales.

Didn't they say in their emails there would be no new reboot?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast