1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 14 hours, 57 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 9 hours, 2 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 7 hours, 57 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 2 hours, 2 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

If there were to be a nearly-full complement of repeatable daily quests in every city, what would be the point of leves? Why even reimplement them in ARR?

Leves are precisely the "daily quest" content that you should be doing if you're leveling a class in the "wrong" zone or after you've already used up your city quests on another class. If you want to argue that leves should be more varied, more interesting, or grant greater rewards, fine... but that's a separate discussion.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Another point with leves is that you can store up to 99, and if you're busy doing other content they will build up. The rate could do with a bit of an increase however.

Disappointed that they "simplified" the early dungeons. I thought their difficulty was about right for their level, now they just made them boring by the sound of it.

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Don't be too disappointed. The new starter dungeons they added in phase 3 are actually really fun and have some interesting mechanics. I can understand why they nerfed Deepcroft. In phase 2 Deepcroft was about as complicated as Toto-rak if not more so but considering its the second dungeon you even get access to in Phase 3 that probably would have turned off some newer players. As far as Toto-rak though, yeah its a bit of a let down considering Copperbell mines (the third dungeon you do) is actually pretty hard and requires proper positioning and task delegation for individual party members. The only thing you have to watch out for in Toto-rak is the boss and he's even easier than before. He used to have a webshot move that would knock you back into the wall, which was lined with exploding poison sacks. Now the webshot just spawns an explodey thing near you that has a delay of like 5 seconds. You went from having to designate someone to be on pod duty to explode any that respawned to now just moving a few inches to the left and the pod will miss.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Another point with leves is that you can store up to 99, and if you're busy doing other content they will build up. The rate could do with a bit of an increase however.

Disappointed that they "simplified" the early dungeons. I thought their difficulty was about right for their level, now they just made them boring by the sound of it.
    Plus, once again, its beta. When did they tweak the dungeons before? Oh yeah, in beta. There's enough "difficulty" in copperbell mines to wipe the average scrub team, so no worries. There's more than one place where "standing in the fire" gets you killed again and again.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Plus, once again, its beta. When did they tweak the dungeons before? Oh yeah, in beta. There's enough "difficulty" in copperbell mines to wipe the average scrub team, so no worries. There's more than one place where "standing in the fire" gets you killed again and again.
    OTOH, every other dungeon is painfully simple and easy. Was kinda funny how easy Halatali (wasn't this an outdoor area before) was. None of the dungeons took more than one attempt for my group to clear. We didn't get to check out anything past Toto-Rak though so maybe the new manor or something else was also neat but we didn't get to see it yet.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

If they're painfully easy, that just means I get my gear faster. (wrong answer, but fuck it - I really don't care after coming from XI where the hardest thing about leveling was finding a camp that wasn't claimed and not getting one-shot by screwdriver).

I care more about the difficulty of raids than the dungeons. Hell, some of the storyline quests were challenging, but much of that was because of the unexpected methods of "victory" (surviving until X shows up to heal your ass).

For seasoned gamers and MMO players the first set of dungeons obviously aren't going to challenge you. The only thing I was looking for was a good sense that Yoshi P knows how to design some interesting bosses and mechanics, and what I've seen gives me enough confidence to say he knows what he's doing.

Real test will be in a couple of days if we can try out higher level stuff, but I'll be content on seeing how level 50 classes work. Because if a job is fun to play then that's a step in the right direction.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    For seasoned gamers and MMO players the first set of dungeons obviously aren't going to challenge you. The only thing I was looking for was a good sense that Yoshi P knows how to design some interesting bosses and mechanics, and what I've seen gives me enough confidence to say he knows what he's doing.

Real test will be in a couple of days if we can try out higher level stuff, but I'll be content on seeing how level 50 classes work. Because if a job is fun to play then that's a step in the right direction.
    I dunno about you.. but the first few dungeons were challanging.. with a somewhat fucked up party

3 thm and a pug (has no taunt ability)
    Needless to say, the fights with adds were.... very interesting marathon and aggro handling with cures. It sure was easy though when I did ifrit though with an actual tank and an actual healer (till the healer LALAFELL with a name something like ulmega) died horribly and I had to take over the healing because he failed ;/

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Considering the difficulty of some of the main scenario and class quests there's really no reason the dungeons have to be so simple. But no doubt those quests will be made easy too.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Considering the difficulty of some of the main scenario and class quests there's really no reason the dungeons have to be so simple. But no doubt those quests will be made easy too.
    Except this is an MMO. It's not logical for solo content to be more difficult than group content.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Except this is an MMO. It's not logical for solo content to be more difficult than group content.
    That's... kind-of what he was pointing out. As things currently stand in Phase 3, the solo content is often harder than the group content.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    That's... kind-of what he was pointing out. As things currently stand in Phase 3, the solo content is often harder than the group content.
    Doh, I'm not sure how now, but I misread his post first time through.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    I invite you to do what I did last weekend:
    -Level any class to 15 via quests and doing all content available. Now try to level another class in that same region. Bonus points if it's the wrong class (ie, Lancer in Limsa).
    this... i started as a pug got to lvl 15.. then decided to lvl cnj. Decided i wanted to check out LL area while leveling up cnj. LOL fat fucking chance got to lvl 5 and ended up having to go back to Grid and still struggle there. Because all the quests i knew from the phase 2 beta where town quests didnt realize that you didn't get town quests for starting in that town... < now that's silly. i ended up having to Clear the first hunting log book and wait around on fates from 12 > 15

and not being able to start in any city i want kinda rubbed me the wrong way too. "Yea i like this lancer class but i dont really wanna stay in grid for the 5th fucking phase" in beta

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Not just often, always. Those level 15 class/main scenario quests are 10 times harder than any of the dungeons I've played in this game in beta 2 and 3. Well the solo difficulty also depends on your class but still.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Those difficult solo quests are fucking fun.

Quote Originally Posted by shidobu View Post
    and not being able to start in any city i want kinda rubbed me the wrong way too. "Yea i like this lancer class but i dont really wanna stay in grid for the 5th fucking phase" in beta
    Their reasoning behind this is, it would be stupid to ask a level 5 LNC from Ul'dah to go to LNC guild in Gridania to take his first quest.

Quote Originally Posted by shidobu View Post
    this... i started as a pug got to lvl 15.. then decided to lvl cnj. Decided i wanted to check out LL area while leveling up cnj. LOL fat fucking chance got to lvl 5 and ended up having to go back to Grid and still struggle there. Because all the quests i knew from the phase 2 beta where town quests didnt realize that you didn't get town quests for starting in that town... < now that's silly. i ended up having to Clear the first hunting log book and wait around on fates from 12 > 15

I'm not sure what you mean here. Obviously you can't complete each cities' introductory storyline because they're all pretty identical, it wouldn't really make sense for you to become an emissary for every nation to....every other nation.

But that aside there's still a shitton of random NPCs with regular quests in each new city. When I first went to Grid from LL (you don't get to pick the order ._.) there were a million !s all over, I actually filled my quest log by the time I got to Ul'dah to the point where I couldn't accept any more until I had completed others. Almost every quest is part of a series that usually lead you to another NPC to start a new line of quests.

If that's the quest (starter quests not being offered in other city states) they better not fkin count those quests in Achievement. That would piss me off not being able to complete All quests.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    Those difficult solo quests are fucking fun.
    This. I got my shit wrecked on the level 5 MRD one until I realized that I probably shouldn't be trying to tank the level 15 crab just because I have a massive pocket healer keeping me running. Then the big nigga comes stomping in and 2-shotting everything...

...Goddammit, hurry up tomorrow!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Pretty common sense idea I thought: it's beta, skip the story cutscenes so you can enjoy them for real without being burned out.

Also dungeons were very fun but very easy (the first 3). Cleared LLs with a pick up of me (pug) other pug + war + gla and cleared in like 55 minutes by kiting sahagin.

Overall really fun game so far, but hoping there is some harder stuff / jobs allow more role specialization.

The solo missions were indeed hard as shit. PUG 15 quest took me like 4x to clear.