1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 9 hours, 48 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 14 hours, 12 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 2 hours, 48 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 7 hours, 12 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    filthy liars!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deuce Angaar
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Regarding the Release of the Lodestone (Beta Version)

http://img.finalfantasyxiv.com/t/4a1...1569b92288.png

We are happy to announce the date and time for the release of the new Lodestone, which was delayed from its original release schedule.

[Date & Time]
    Jun. 18, 2013 at 8:00 p.m. (PDT) / Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:00 (GMT)

* Please note that the character’s image that will be displayed in the character profile section may not be completed by this release date. If this is the case, the character’s silhouette will be displayed instead. The actual image of the character will be added at a later time.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this delay and thank you for your patience.
    http://na.beta.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/

======

Yoshi P. and the team over at Square Enix continue to exceed expectations for this game. At this point I think it should already be unanimous that no one ever imagined FFXIV would make it so far. Yet over the past week we've seen so much to convince us that this was the FFXIV we'd always wanted.

From the fan service, to the improved aesthetics and world, an altered storyline, and an industry standard Community Wed API, A Realm Reborn is going to sell plenty of copies and subscriptions this year. Every aspect of this game may be influenced by standard ideas, but they're built upon an upgraded engine, which provides a polish few MMOs have approached this generation. If the momentum keeps going then I'm pretty sure I'll be subbed for 5+ years.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Persona Nongrata
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

And when it comes out it'll have a 6 months on ESO/Wildstar so they are sitting in nice spot

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

It looks good so far. I'd like to see them add some kind of item API for community sites so that you don't have to hack the dats to get at such stuff. WoW seems to have one.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It's pretty slick

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    At this point I think it should already be unanimous that no one ever imagined FFXIV would make it so far.
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ly...hhq6o1_500.gif

EL - Airship Pirate
    Airship Captain of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aero Ashwind
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Deuce you hit the nail on the head my friend. When Tanaka dropped 1.0 like it was hot i don't think a single person expected this to be the end result. Say what you want about SE, but the son of a bitch knows story structure...(sorry south park reference lol)

In all seriousness though, SE has proven their commitment to their fans with the work they put into XIV, unlike every other failed MMO that just switched payment models and phased out of existence... and Yoshida-san you fabulous muthafucker what i wouldn't to share a beer with you and spend a couple hours conversing, you sir, you are the man.

Oh and i really like the new lodestone! This weekend needs to hurry up damnit >.<

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

I like it! Very slick looking web page.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Seiji Okita View Post
    This weekend needs to hurry up damnit >.<
    Couldn't agree with you more! I am thoroughly enjoying ARR more than v1.0.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Evane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    At this point I think it should already be unanimous that no one ever imagined FFXIV would make it so far.
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ly...hhq6o1_500.gif
    This. Let's not start sucking each other's dicks quite yet.

The game is still in beta, we haven't gotten a single glimpse at endgame (or even duty finder), and the lines for content are potentially a giant glass window for the media to throw a "This is 2.0?" brick through (as some are already).

Save the kudos until at least the retail launch goes successfully.

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

Sales it'll be successful. Server stability...beta seems fine so far.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

I'm confident end game will be good. Even the little Yoshi made for 1.0 was good and they were severely limited in what they could do.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    This. Let's not start sucking each other's dicks quite yet.

The game is still in beta, we haven't gotten a single glimpse at endgame (or even duty finder), and the lines for content are potentially a giant glass window for the media to throw a "This is 2.0?" brick through (as some are already).

Save the kudos until at least the retail launch goes successfully.
    True, although at the start, all seems good, the part that many probably don't know about as of yet, is how hard the game will be (or much to do) beyond a 3rd character (or a 2nd in the same city). Where you no longer have quests in the same area to do, or storyline... or anything outside of leve quests and instances.... and grinding mobs (for a very long time).

I'm sure they know of the problem and will address it in some way (like allowing you to do all the quests over again excluding storyline) on a new class/job). That and endgame will be important + other things to do, especially for those that have all lv 50's

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    I'm sure they know of the problem and will address it in some way (like allowing you to do all the quests over again excluding storyline) on a new class/job).
    This needs a lot of repeating lately because most people seems to have missed it :D They mentioned not long ago that daily and repeatable quests will be added to the game.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    This needs a lot of repeating lately because most people seems to have missed it :D They mentioned not long ago that daily and repeatable quests will be added to the game.
    ah, I only saw mention of daily quests. if "all" quests you did on 1 class, is repeatable on another, then all is good O_o

it won't be insanely painful to lvl more then 3 classes/jobs)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I don't think it mentioned all quests. Just some special repeatables (which I guess is not much different from dailies).

You'll also have FATES, Hunting Logs, and Class Quests.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

FATEs, Hunting/Gathering/Crafting Logs, Class Quests, Job Quests, Instances, Guildleves, Guildhests, etc. + repeatable/dailies.

I don't think it's time to worry yet about running out of exp sources.

I still wish they implemented exp rewards for map exploration (perhaps they can still tie exp rewards to achievements).

EL - Airship Pirate
    Airship Captain of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aero Ashwind
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura

This makes me wonder what kind of spiritbond parties people are going to be forming come launch.

Will people grind like 1.0?

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

People will grind if there's an incentive to do so.

There's absolutely no gear incentive to do so, so there'll have to be another incentive somewhere else. Crafting drops, pure XP or something of that nature.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    True, although at the start, all seems good, the part that many probably don't know about as of yet, is how hard the game will be (or much to do) beyond a 3rd character (or a 2nd in the same city). Where you no longer have quests in the same area to do, or storyline... or anything outside of leve quests and instances.... and grinding mobs (for a very long time).
    From the standpoint of what this game needs to accomplish, "it's hard to level up my 3rd class" falls under First World Problems. If you remember the 1.0 fatigue fiasco, no one cared that you could just switch to another class and level that without penalty; the only story was "you lose xp for leveling."

The game has a lot of negative inertia to undo from 1.0, and most of that work is going to be done via gaming media. I'm not saying that concern is unimportant, but if it's not something that will make it into a media review, it should probably be backburnered.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast