BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by chazzyphizzle View Post
    wasn't luthorcorp in the movie? thought i saw it on a semi superman hitched a ride on or something, meaning lex is obviously around somewhere
    It was. And Michael Rosenbaum(Smallville's Lex) is already campaigning for the role on his twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by chazzyphizzle View Post
    wasn't luthorcorp in the movie? thought i saw it on a semi superman hitched a ride on or something, meaning lex is obviously around somewhere
    During the fight with zod at the end, one of the trailers he gets bitchslapped into says Luthorcorp on it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    It was. And Michael Rosenbaum(Smallville's Lex) is already campaigning for the role on his twitter.
    I would love for this to happen.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    As much rage as that would induce from fanboys, I'd be okay with this. He's actually a damn good actor.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Sol-Blackguy View Post
    As much rage as that would induce from fanboys, I'd be okay with this. He's actually a damn good actor.
    Agreed. He was probably the best thing Smallville had going for it when he was on the show.

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

I wouldn't mind at all Lex being in the movie if they got Rosenbaum to play him. As stated above, damn good actor.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Production is Finally moving forward
    http://www.thewrap.com/warner-bros-p...ent-exclusive/

Not waiting for results from WW?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/04/26/m...-henry-cavill/

Christopher McQuarrie (Mission Impossible) might direct.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Official Announcement Expected at SDCC, Cavill Already Training for the Role
    https://revengeofthefans.com/2018/06...man-much-more/ | https://instagram.com/p/BkFhYa4lkzC/...ource=ig_embed

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Didn't know if I should post this here or the JL thread, but Cavill is out as Superman. Cashed that Witcher check and told WB to fuck themselves lol.

After dying and being resurrected onscreen in the DCEU, it appears that Henry Cavill’s Superman is dead again at Warner Bros. Pictures. The Hollywood Reporter brings the sad word that Cavill is out after negotiations for a cameo in April’s Shazam! broke down due to scheduling conflicts, which happened prior to his commitment to the Netflix series The Witcher. Warners has decided to part ways the British actor, who has played the role of Kal-El in Man of Steel, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Justice League.

Neither the studio nor Cavill has made an official statement yet, but according to the report the studio is shifting focus to a Supergirl movie, which will not require Superman. There are also no plans for a solo Superman film until years down the road. Persistent rumors state that Batman actor Ben Affleck is also on the outs with the studio, and that he will not appear in Matt Reeves’ upcoming The Batman. Fellow Justice Leaguers Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman 1984), Jason Momoa (Aquaman) and Ezra Miller (upcoming The Flash movie) are still reportedly onboard for future installments. Rumors had posited that Cavill’s Superman was to potentially be a lynchpin to the DCEU the same way Samuel L. Jackson’s Nick Fury was for Marvel Studios, although that idea may now be scrapped. It’s also possible that a Shazam! cameo will act as a launching pad for the replacement Superman actor.

“Superman is like James Bond, and after a certain run you have to look at new actors,” says an unnamed studio insider. “There’s a recognition that some parts of the previous movies didn’t work.”
    http://www.superherohype.com/news/42...an-in-the-dceu

Sounds like DC still wants to make a cinematic universe and has no fucking clue how, and was pissed Cavill was doing work other than for them and not bending over backwards to meet their demands. I suppose they did spend millions just to CGI his upper lip.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by silverdragontyr View Post
    Sounds like DC still wants to make a cinematic universe and has no fucking clue how, and was pissed Cavill was doing work other than for them and not bending over backwards to meet their demands. I suppose they did spend millions just to CGI his upper lip.
    Just a theory, but Cavill probably saw how bad things were getting pre Justice League and went for plan B. That is a kick to the balls for WB, since they did spend all that dough on his upper lip job, as you stated. WB doesn't know what the fuck they're doing with this cinematic universe anyway, so I can't say I really feel bad for them either. It's only a matter of time before Affleck's departure is officially announced.

They just need to reboot the DCEU at this point, but WW84, Shazam, and Aquaman are still coming in hot. I say end it after that. DC fans, such as myself, will give a new DC cinematic universe another chance because there's a lot of potential if done properly.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

There are rumors they are looking to cast Michael B. Jordan as Supes.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Superman is like James Bond, and after a certain run you have to look at new actors
    The mental gymnastics to justify this dumpster fire of a cinematic universe lmao.

DC should just call it quits with live action altogether for now. Allocate resources to their animated studios since most of those movies are actually good. Then wait about 20 years to start spamming Batman films again when people have forgotten how terrible you are and Zack Snyder is homeless.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Michael B Jordan is rumored to be in everything. This shit sounds like bs to build hype.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

As bad as the movies have been I really liked Cavill as Superman.

Oh well

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I like Henry Cavill but I didn't care for him as supes. But then again that may just be because Zack Synder sucks at doing super hero movies.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Delirium View Post
    There are rumors they are looking to cast Michael B. Jordan as Supes.
    MBJ would be a goddamned fool to wade into the DCEU after redeeming himself via Killmonger in the MCU.

They need to just put the brakes on Superman, period. It's clear they can't do the character any Justice and with the two Joker movies, seven Batman reboots and sixty-four Suicide Squads confirmed the DCEU has nfc what they're doing.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

How amazing would it be if they built insulated universes for each character instead of chasing Marvel's style. Let WW and Aqua Man do their thing. Retire Batfleck and make a Batman Beyond movie and let the director do his own thing and create its own aesthetic.

The Flash shouldn't be a side character shoe horned into a JL movie. Give him a trilogy where he goes forward and backward in time. Let it be something like Butterfly effect on roids. DC should use their characters to do something different, god damnit.