1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 1 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 22 hours, 1 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 18 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 15 hours, 1 minutes

View Poll Results: Which Platform will you Play

Voters
232. You may not vote on this poll
  • PC

133 57.33%
  • PS3

9 3.88%
  • PS4

1 0.43%
  • PC + PS3

14 6.03%
  • PC + PS4

19 8.19%
  • PC + PS3 +Ps4 (when out)

36 15.52%
  • PS3 + PS4 (When it's out)

20 8.62%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Edit.

Incredibly late.

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

PC, on a TV.
    inb4 PS3 limitations.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

PC + PS3.

Going back to subbing in the fall a few days a week in SD (so in-laws can watch the baby). Going to keep the ps3 down there and my pc in LA.

They're coming to take me away. Ha Ha!
    BG Level

I'll never be a member of the Legacy master race, but I'll always be a part of the PC Master Race.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

is it too soon for screenshots of it running on the ps4? my google skills are failing me.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by greenhills View Post
    is it too soon for screenshots of it running on the ps4? my google skills are failing me.
    FFXIV PS4 isisnt out till 2014, so don't expect picture till minimum october i suppose

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I wonder how early they'll actually release it. It's kind of odd thinking about the PS4 version taking too long since they can just directly import the PC version, right?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso View Post
    I wonder how early they'll actually release it. It's kind of odd thinking about the PS4 version taking too long since they can just directly import the PC version, right?
    pretty sure they would want to make sure ps3 hits the ground running properly before focusing on PS4.

And i bought PS3 CE on amazon Saturday when they got restocked. I'll have 1.0 PC CE & PS3 CE. dont really plan on playing on ps3.. just wanted it just in case..

btw i've never pre-ordered a game from amazon. They wont charge till release date yea? If anybody knows lol

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by shidobu View Post
    pretty sure they would want to make sure ps3 hits the ground running properly before focusing on PS4.
    ^

PS4 is sort of another marketing push they can do for subscribers, so the ps3 can be sort of a test run for them to see what they need to tweak before putting it on the ps4.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

FFXIV PS4 isisnt out till 2014, so don't expect picture till minimum october i suppose
    meh, yeah i guess so.

this is what i was thinking, it can just be the pc version on 'high' settings with ps3 hud?
    guess we will find out at the end of the year.

I hadn't actually considered which platform I would play on, thank you for the poll as it helps me narrow my options.

BG Level

I know as simple as that

They might have a base with the PC, but they need to convert it for the PS4 environnment and other stuff

BG Level

The only thing that mathers for me is that I hope you can have skype on PS4 or something

I know games will have voice chat and all but I doubt tat PS4 will be able to Voice chat with PC users without skype, TS, Ventrilo. So hoping that i can use skype and FFXIV on PS4 so I don't need to use my laptop

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Not really. The PC version is a DirectX Windows application. The PS4 is running a FreeBSD derivative called Orbis OS. In effect, it'd be like making a Linux port (which could wind up doing interesting things for multiplatforms next gen).

btw i've never pre-ordered a game from amazon. They wont charge till release date yea? If anybody knows lol
    I preorder from them often. They won't charge until the order is getting processed for shipping.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Albertclifford Slater
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Stonemaul

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    The only thing that mathers for me is that I hope you can have skype on PS4 or something

I know games will have voice chat and all but I doubt tat PS4 will be able to Voice chat with PC users without skype, TS, Ventrilo. So hoping that i can use skype and FFXIV on PS4 so I don't need to use my laptop
    I highly doubt skype will be brought to PS4 since it is owned by Microsoft now.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ejact View Post
    I highly doubt skype will be brought to PS4 since it is owned by Microsoft now.
    It got to Vita after Microsoft bought it

It's still on Mac and IOS with some updates

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Albertclifford Slater
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Stonemaul

It was most likely a contractual agreement before the Microsoft buyout occurred since it was already on PSP previously. Will mostly be up to Microsoft if they will license out to Sony or not.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Honestly, just use mumble on your phone... iOS has it at least. I know that's what I'm going to be using while I play on the PS3.

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I think I'm gonna play on PS3 because I want to play in my living room on my TV, but I want to keep my PC in my box of a study. I don't have a lot of time to play games any more, so I think I'd much prefer to splay out on my couch in a pleasant, airy room to play the game of an evening than sit at my desk in a tiny, stuffy little study.

EL - Airship Pirate
    Airship Captain of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aero Ashwind
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Maybe the potential for the PS4 to incorporate apps ala smartphones and make use of a teamspeak and/or mumble app? I have no idea... Would be nice though.