BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Lakshmi - Squabble]     submit to reddit submit to twitter

[Lakshmi - Squabble]

Player Name: Squabble
    Server: Lakshmi
    Linkshell: Voracity

Notable gear: Apocalypse(99) Ragnarok(99) Bravura(80 WIP & 5 Marrows) Excalibur(99) Aegis(99) Gjallarhorn(99), Conqueror(99) Liberator(99),Ochain(99) Daurdabla(99)

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for any potential responses.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Mediocre player with a lot of good/expensive gear. My only hands on experience with him was in VW pickups, in which he did not impress (we have highish standards here in TToF). Somewhat disliked by some of the meaner sort here on Lakshmi for tanking the NNI market once upon a time, and for being a crybaby on the FFXIAH forums. If I had a nickel for every post he reported as harassment and every deleted thread, I'd have an assful of nickels! He has managed to make many 99 weapons by leading his respective linkshells, so someone else will have to chime in on whether that was all on the up and up. Good luck in all of your future endeavors Squabble!

-Benjamus

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by benjamus View Post
    Mediocre player with a lot of good/expensive gear. My only hands on experience with him was in VW pickups, in which he did not impress (we have highish standards here in TToF). Somewhat disliked by some of the meaner sort here on Lakshmi for tanking the NNI market once upon a time, and for being a crybaby on the FFXIAH forums. If I had a nickel for every post he reported as harassment and every deleted thread, I'd have an assful of nickels! He has managed to make many 99 weapons by leading his respective linkshells, so someone else will have to chime in on whether that was all on the up and up. Good luck in all of your future endeavors Squabble!

-Benjamus
    I had to register just to reply this player.
    ive done many vw with him, have to say his skill its near a abyssea player, he also its like a crybaby that he got deleted many MANY post already cause his childness
    Also yeah goodluck if you getting him ull need it
    If you want more detailed info about this guy feel free to PM me

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by mulata View Post
    I had to register just to reply this player.
    ive done many vw with him, have to say his skill its near a abyssea player, he also its like a crybaby that he got deleted many MANY post already cause his childness
    Also yeah goodluck if you getting him ull need it
    If you want more detailed info about this guy feel free to PM me

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

He has a fairly negative reputation among the top NA Lakshmi shells, but i imagine that is why he is applying cross server. Before I transferred to Fenrir, I was in one of the more noteworthy NA shells on Lakshmi (Elitist Jerks). While there, I heard stories about Squabble, which i can guarantee came from very trustworthy sources, although yes admittedly they are hearsay.

One story involved an incident in one of Squabble's former shells (Anduril). The story goes that he systematically alienated the whole shell by acting like a superior ass. He also lied to one of its sackholders in order to get a larger share of a LS payout. He was eventually expelled from the shell. And that shell does not expel people without very good reason. I know one of its leaders and he has a very high tolerance for people of differing temperament and skill level.

Another incident I heard from a player named Ryuguardian. Ryu joked to me that he conspired with Squabble to cheat another player out of gil. The story goes that Ryu was trying to sell a Wrathwing Nails to a third player. Squabble planned with Ryu to feign interest in the Nails to that third person, sending tells to stay away and that he planned to outbid the third player, in order to jack up the ultimate selling price and keep the excess amount.

My own direct experience with Squabble is limited. He seemed competent enough in the PUGs I encountered him in. I know he led his own link shell called Voracity and had certain standards for players, but the shell only lasted 6 months or so before breaking. Shortly after Squabble got a Duplus Grip, he announced the shell would end due to attendance issues. The timing is suspicious but obviously circumstantial.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Very very bad reputation among the whole Lakshmi server. Major asshole and all of Rhiannon2's incidents are 100% accurate and I can confirm all of that. Also, only made his Liberator just to piss my friend Konvict off. He told me that Squabble on skype told him "Liberator absolutely blows" when he said he was making one. Then in game he denied he said it sucked and to check log because he said it on skype. Big time liar. Has cheated many players out of gil, all about me me me me. After he got his duplus grip he broke his shell, exactly like above. Many other people I know first hand wanted to buy that grip (I was in the shell). There was supposed to be a certain protocol of obtaining it, none of that was followed at all. He just took it ran and broke shell. Never saw a split of the paycheck from that grip as well. Extremely greedy. For example, when we did Limbus and Arch Omega one time he lotted a piece for the second time (murzim set) which isn't even that good where people actually needed the enif. Literally lots on EVERYTHING thats freelot. Not worth your drama will tarnish your linkshell name/reputation.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

self serving player in a self serving game? this forum is so silly when it comes to ffxi related issues now-a-days

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by lolSquabble View Post
    Very very bad reputation among the whole Lakshmi server. Major asshole and all of Rhiannon2's incidents are 100% accurate and I can confirm all of that. Also, only made his Liberator just to piss my friend Konvict off. He told me that Squabble on skype told him "Liberator absolutely blows" when he said he was making one. Then in game he denied he said it sucked and to check log because he said it on skype. Big time liar. Has cheated many players out of gil, all about me me me me. After he got his duplus grip he broke his shell, exactly like above. Many other people I know first hand wanted to buy that grip (I was in the shell). There was supposed to be a certain protocol of obtaining it, none of that was followed at all. He just took it ran and broke shell. Never saw a split of the paycheck from that grip as well. Extremely greedy. For example, when we did Limbus and Arch Omega one time he lotted a piece for the second time (murzim set) which isn't even that good where people actually needed the enif. Literally lots on EVERYTHING thats freelot. Not worth your drama will tarnish your linkshell name/reputation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Made a Liberator to piss Konvict off? I'd pearl right away.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I'm pretty sure he organized an entire group to steal someone's AV too.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I love this thread if just for the stupidity that's running rampant.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Iunno, from what I understand as it was told to me by someone who was in his shell, he took the Grip because he had 100% attendance, highest attendance rate always won, and he only had to reimburse the shell the specific percentage that he was under 100% (which was nothing). He made his rules to essentially create an item line under the guise of freelotting by search comment. Which is all fair enough, people with high attendance should get stuff, self-serving person in self-serving game is par for the course, yadda yadda yadda. I just find it highly suspicious that he breaks the shell one week later when it was still getting enough people to run shit. Judging from the responses of his ex-members, it was all handled quite poorly and likely not communicated very well. Of course, I wasn't in his shell so I defer to you if you have a better knowledge!

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I swear if I read one more "my friend said" post....

I pullout to go pee.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Winterhoof

My friend said this thread was dumb, I have to agree

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

You're right. Squabble is the most elitist nicest player in this whole game accept him!!! FFXI will be soon dead anyways for sure this time so enjoy while it lasts..

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

You're right. Squabble is the most elitist nicest player in this whole game accept him!!! FFXI will be soon dead anyways for sure this time so enjoy while it lasts..
    You've already made a throwaway account, which is one thing. Don't blatantly ask to be banned for making garbage posts.

At the same time, other people shouldn't be posting in here just to pick on the thread. If it were an entertaining drama fest, I would agree, but right now, it's not that. On the plus side, it does have a collection of opinions from members of BG who didn't register just to comment on this thread.

I don't believe this needs to be locked, and descriptive secondhand accounts aren't terrible (and they do have some firsthand experience sprinkled in them), but if anyone has any firsthand or screencapped experience, that would be helpful. FFXIAH links would be good, too, if the OP feels that they need additional information.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Several people asked me to post here, as I'm arguably in one of the better positions to do so, being the co-leader of one of the applicant's former linkshells (Anduril). At first, I didn't want to stray from the lofty environs of the high road, but I am posting now only because Kohan asked for firsthand experience. However, as Kohan said, descriptive secondhand accounts shouldn't be terrible. This isn't a court of law, and the Federal Rules of Evidence on hearsay don't dictate. There are a host of reasons why "victims" of shady behavior do not post confirmation, not the least of which is that many people don't even bother to look at this section of BG forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiannon2 View Post
    One story involved an incident in one of Squabble's former shells (Anduril). The story goes that he systematically alienated the whole shell by acting like a superior ass. He also lied to one of its sackholders in order to get a larger share of a LS payout. He was eventually expelled from the shell. And that shell does not expel people without very good reason. I know one of its leaders and he has a very high tolerance for people of differing temperament and skill level.
    I can confirm all of these Anduril-related details. I'll add that in our 9+ year history, we have only expelled two people. He was the second, a real lightning rod for drama. (Strangely enough, the first person we expelled is now in Rhiannon2's former linkshell, Elitist Jerks!)

Members who tolerate a lot and barely make a peep in LS chat used to send /tells to me and my co-leader to complain about Squabble's attitude. To be fair, I had absolutely no complaints about his skill or capability. He was well-geared and quite knowledgeable about game mechanics. We also did several enjoyable NNI runs with others back in the day. I only took issue with his disruptive behavior in the LS.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiannon2 View Post
    Another incident I heard from a player named Ryuguardian. Ryu joked to me that he conspired with Squabble to cheat another player out of gil. The story goes that Ryu was trying to sell a Wrathwing Nails to a third player. Squabble planned with Ryu to feign interest in the Nails to that third person, sending tells to stay away and that he planned to outbid the third player, in order to jack up the ultimate selling price and keep the excess amount.
    This did, in fact, happen to an Anduril member and good friend of mine, and the nature of the incident shocked me. But I highly doubt the "victim" will post confirmation. Furthermore, Ryuguardian has since quit the game, so I doubt you will hear more from him. I give you props for getting anything intelligible out of him though. Although he was always nice and friendly to me, I needed a cryptologist to decipher his PT chat sometimes.

In the end, I'll say that I don't think it's either "dumb" or irrelevant to post tangible incidents of lying, cheating, and generally shady behavior. While some of the incidents recounted above might fall into the category of "self-serving player in self-serving game," all too often they crossed the line into something a hell of a lot worse. While I have no firsthand knowledge of the linkshell Squabble led, ex-members of his have since joined Anduril and confirmed our own experiences.

Requiescat in pace.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

You should accept squabble just to get him off of our server.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

In the end, I'll say that I don't think it's either "dumb" or irrelevant to post tangible incidents of lying, cheating, and generally shady behavior.
    Agreed. If they have personally experienced it. Otherwise it ends up being my friend who is friend's with someone in his linkshell told me X story. Water gets muddied, things get exaggerated. Instead of stealing a Despot once they now murdered a box of puppies with a spork etc.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I'm going to add my 2 cents here just so you know what I'm about to say is legit. I try to stay away from negative commenting and I hate bashing people online cuz it's just stupid. But, Squabble takes it to a whole new level. At the beginning, Squabble was cool guy. Yeah, we all know he talks trash about people but that's the way he is. It's funny he's not in ElitistJerks (an LS now renamed to ElitistNiceGuys on Lakshmi) but is the embodiment of an elitist jerk. I'll give it to Squabble tho. He is very knowledgeable and a very good player. Never said he wasn't. Problem is, he's probably one of the biggest d*cks on the server. Very much hated. Those who have been in his LS (I have too but couldn't always make it) know his rules were very hard to live by but that's to be expected from an elitist (jerk). That's probably why it didn't last as long as it did. My group and his group would always butt heads in ADL because we ran just about the same time. I tried to work it out with him a few times but majority of the time, I would get ignored and yes he WILL pop over you during Dynamis.

I helped him finish his first mythic (chariot trial) with a promise that he'd be a lil more "considerate" during ADL collisions. After that, at first, it was cool. He'd run off to a different NM if he saw our group doing one NM. Of course that consideration didn't last very long. Soon, the collisions would happen again and when asked if he could let us pop just "one more", his very own reply was "It's a business...." and literally pop on top of us multiple times till they've finished that tome mob. I had no problem with anyone in his ADL static. I got along with almost everyone there. If there's one thing I've learned about Squabble, is that he'll be very nice to you if he wants something (your help). But as soon as you get in the way of his goal, he turns into a "cut-throat" competitor (that's coming from him himself).

If you weren't such a douche Squab, I'd prolly talk to you more often and prolly help you out more. I like your skills but dislike your personality.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast