1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 32 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 27 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 22 hours, 32 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 11 hours, 27 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    some guy said joining a random EXP party was still one of the best and fastest ways to level.
    He's full of it unless he was referring to running instances as "EXP party."

Personally I think FATE's are still the best, lol

BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Wrack my mind over character creator, start on arcanist and just enjoy myself (summoner was my favorite job in FFXI, I love pet control!). I was talking to my gay husband and he doesn't even enjoy the part where you play the game, he just wants to be finished with leveling ASAP and contemplate endgame. I don't even know how he enjoys the game when he's skipping all the quest dialogue and random conversations (and emote battles!) with people you meet along the way, even though I know a lot of people do this. I like to enjoy the journey, all the sights to see and lore to immerse myself in as I do quests and stuff.

I do need to make a list though, of things to do when I first start. I need to tweek the controls (setting up sprint and chocobo whistle), the UI, do the initial quests to move about town, calamity salvager, set up retainers and clear inventory of clutter by exchanging materia and melded gear for goodies, and dash to the arcanist's guild!

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Luckily, you can mess with the character creator to your heart's content on August 1st until open beta since it will be released with the benchmark then. =x Really wish more games would allow this, my friend I usually play games with spends hours in the character creator usually. >.>

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth View Post
    Luckily, you can mess with the character creator to your heart's content on August 1st until open beta since it will be released with the benchmark then. =x Really wish more games would allow this, my friend I usually play games with spends hours in the character creator usually. >.>
    Seriously? That's awesome. I can spend hours making a character, then spend another hour trying to name them.

I already have an idea of what I want to make, but if I can fool around for a while I may discover something I didn't think of.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Naming my chocobo is the difficult bit for me. In 1.0 it didn't matter since no one saw the name, but now everyone sees it if you're fighting with it.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Half of me wants to press hard with my FC to reach max asap in my first job, half of me wants to just mellow it out and goof off. I'm not sure which me is right.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Duskwood

Quote Originally Posted by Macho View Post
    Half of me wants to press hard with my FC to reach max asap in my first job, half of me wants to just mellow it out and goof off. I'm not sure which me is right.
    I would personally goof around and enjoy the ride, but I already have 7 battle classes at 50 >_>

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

I think I'm gonna take it really slow since my RL is going to be very busy, and will play casual to the max starting with crafting/gathering first.

Dragoon Enthusiast
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I want to mess around with the crafting this time, but at the same time I want to really push my Lancer harder. I got to 20 last phase, and I think I can hit 30 and see what a Dragoon is really like this time around.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

You won't really be seeing much at all @ 30. Baleedat.

There's not a lot to LNC/DRG compared to the other DDs, it's the most straightforward to be sure.

No stances/flow-chart/GL like PGL and no random procs/resets like ARC. Just straightforward combos.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

PGL and LNC combos are exactly as linear as each other. Lets not pretend stances do anything more than shoehorn you in to using them in the correct order. LNC can use the third hit immediately but you'd be fucking retarded if you did.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Duskwood

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    PGL and LNC combos are exactly as linear as each other. Lets not pretend stances do anything more than shoehorn you in to using them in the correct order. LNC can use the third hit immediately but you'd be fucking retarded if you did.
    Still more choices per stance than lnc

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm probably going to do exactly the same thing as Nirokun. I mostly have the character creation and name figured out, but it's going to take me a good few hours to get settled in the UI/set macros and then re-organize and exchange all the materia, gear, and immense amount of resources for carpenter that i stockpiled during the last 2 weeks of 1.0

After getting that organized i'll be setting my sights directly on arcanist since smn was my main in XI for several years and I also played sch when that was released. I'm not expecting them to be the same or even still appealing to me in XIV, but I at least want to try out all three of the pet jobs since in XI pet jobs was my thing.

As for the days after the first day in I will be hardcore crafting and gathering while casually leveling arcanist with my brother (he will join the game in phase4).

PGL has numerous skills for each stance that can be used interchangeably, LNC combos are completely linear.

PGL and LNC combos are exactly as linear as each other.
    No. If you think this you aren't paying attention.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Kiarax...

Lancer
    True Thrust >>> Vorpal Thrust >>> Full Thrust
    Impulse Drive >>> Disembowel >>> Chaos Thrust

Marauder
    Heavy Swing >>> Skull Sunder >>> Butcher's Block
    Heavy Swing >>> Maim >>> Storm's Path OR Storm's Eye

Pugilist
    Bootshine OR Arm of the Destroyer OR Dragon Kick >>> True Strike OR Twin Snakes OR One Ilm Punch >>> Snap Punch OR Demolish OR Rockbreaker >>> [repeats]

Don't forget also that pugilists combos also cycle back and not just start over like the others.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I debated, and left it out since any other combo can equally be started over, but I guess the Opo-Opo form bonus makes the difference.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast