1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 14 hours, 35 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 9 hours, 24 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 7 hours, 35 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 2 hours, 24 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 298
  1. #21
    Chram
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,834
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Unlock all class skills to organize all my hotbars again > get back into my GC > unlock all teleports > queue as many quests as possible for the eventual ACN rush to 50. Rinse and repeat 2 more times for my other accounts as well. ._.

  2. #22
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,379
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa View Post
    the original bg forums back before 99% of you joined, back on theorderls.com.
    omg I'm in the 1st percentile in something Life Complete!

    Anywho "How do I gonna start phase4?". Questing like a machine so I can focus on having fun lvling smn on release.

  3. #23
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    288
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Satu Rhean
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    Probably take care of the "housekeeping" since I really want to level Arcanist ----> Summoner, which won't be around until official release.

    1. Collect all the aether teleports

    2. I have all the DoH leveled, so I'll probably work on those class quests. I did the GSM this weekend, storyline was leagues above 1.0 story. Does anyone know if you can switch jobs and collect the EXP reward though? Maybe I'll get some of the DoW/DoM jobs I have left up to 15 with that?

    3. Mine

    4. Clean-up inventory, trade in cracked materia, toss/npc now useless/changed items, set up Armory, and hotbars

    5. Craft some nice low level armor to give away to new players

    When official release happens, I kind of just want to play ACN as if I'm a new player. I don't really want to zerg though. I just want to feel the feels.

  4. #24

    Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Unlock all class skills to organize all my hotbars again > get back into my GC > unlock all teleports > queue as many quests as possible for the eventual ACN rush to 50. Rinse and repeat 2 more times for my other accounts as well. ._.
    I have a feeling that you haven't played the beta yet.

  5. #25
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,996
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

    Quote Originally Posted by Evane View Post
    I have a feeling that you haven't played the beta yet.
    Sounds valid to me; what's wrong with what he said?

  6. #26
    filthy liars!
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,125
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Deuce Angaar
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa View Post
    the original BG from wayyyyy back in early XI and BigKills stuff.
    I always forget how long ago all of that went on.

    As for what I'll be doing, probably the same as some of the other Legacy players and level ACN early on to take advantage of the starter quest exp. I just don't think I'll enjoy the fact that everyone else will likely be doing the same. I've considered focusing on my crafts being that I have BOT and MIN at 50. However, it'll probably be worthless early on with an economy that will be a clusterfuck for the first month or so.

    Also, the BG shell on Gilgamesh sounds like it would be pretty awesome and if I wasn't so attached to my 1.0 character I would definitely being rolling anew there.

  7. #27

    Quote Originally Posted by Reve View Post
    Does anyone know if you can switch jobs and collect the EXP reward though? Maybe I'll get some of the DoW/DoM jobs I have left up to 15 with that?
    Afaik for generic quests you can turn them in on any job that's close enough to the minimum level requirement (I'm pretty sure I was able to accept and complete quests slightly above my character level, idk what the range is tho).

    For class specific quests you can only complete them on the related class or you get the red locked/key icon above the NPC's head. (I didn't notice a way around this)

  8. #28
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    36,666
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Afaik for generic quests you can turn them in on any job that's close enough to the minimum level requirement (I'm pretty sure I was able to accept and complete quests slightly above my character level, idk what the range is tho).

    For class specific quests you can only complete them on the related class or you get the red locked/key icon above the NPC's head. (I didn't notice a way around this)
    I get why it's like that but I find it sad that I can't do cnj quests as white Mage

    Having to set a cross bar on conjurer just for that

  9. #29
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,996
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

    Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    I get why it's like that but I find it sad that I can't do cnj quests as white Mage

    Having to set a cross bar on conjurer just for that
    Oh man, this drove me nuts over the weekend. I tried to enter my MRD5 class quest on WAR:

    "You cannot enter the instance for the following reason:"

    ...fucking what? I can't enter because why? Nothing is listed!! I complained in LS chat, then someone finally said "You have to be on MRD, dumbass."

  10. #30
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    36,666
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Oh man, this drove me nuts over the weekend. I tried to enter my MRD5 class quest on WAR:

    "You cannot enter the instance for the following reason:"

    ...fucking what? I can't enter because why? Nothing is listed!! I complained in LS chat, then someone finally said "You have to be on MRD, dumbass."
    Was wondering for 10minutes why i wasn't getting credit on the squirrels when i killed thme as WHM

  11. #31

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    883
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Well if you were to start from lvl 1 and follow the natural order of things this would never be an issue, but I too got confused as all hell by this (was trying to initiate the starting quest for gladiator on PLD).

  12. #32
    Bard-turned-Miner
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,319
    BG Level
    7

    Same. It just isn't something that jumps to mind quickly when something isn't going right.

  13. #33
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    41
    BG Level
    1
    FFXIV Character
    Dana Key
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa View Post
    adding more to this, the BG that lancaster is running is the BGWoW group from the original bg forums back before 99% of you joined, back on theorderls.com. Myself and Nikkei splintered that board when they went full wow and hate on XI and we made bluegartrls.com which eventually became bluegartr.com and the forums you are browsing now.
    Lancasters BG is not our BG but Ive spoken with him at length recently and we understand him and his group and have no intentions of trying to force him to stop using the name and he isnt trying to steal BG from us but he is not bluegartr.coms BG. Basically he is running a continuation of the BGWoW group that was a splinter from the original BG from wayyyyy back in early XI and BigKills stuff.

    We didnt have a good relationship with BGWoW for a VERY VERY long time due to the way they left the original XI group in a very bad state and really made keeping the forums difficult for a lot of people. The few of you left from the original theorderls.com will probably remember our FFXI discussions being just randomly locked or deleted or people outright banned for saying anything about the current staff there for the FFXI section which was all wow people who hated XI with a PASSION. Im really glad we have a much better relationship with their current generation and I look forward to hearing about their world firsts and all the crazy stuff they will be doing in XIV.

    I will be running a nice ultracasual shell along with a bunch of other people (welt, dole, ragns, and several good friends from BG FFXI) on GILGAMESH that will just be hanging out, leveling up, and doing whatever fun stuff we want to do, no pressure or anything. Everyone is welcome to join as long as you can follow the 5 rules of the shell. Ill be posting a thread about it pretty soon, outlining all this stuff again
    Wow all this time and I thought edwardtheblack was the original ls lead.

  14. #34
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,363
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Aw damn, I forgot about the whole part about ACN not available in Phase 4. I guess I'll hold off on sidequests at least.
    Same issue for me. I was considering starting in Limsa Lominsa to get the jump on ACN, but with it being absent from Phase 4 that leaves me starting in Gridania yet again.

  15. #35

    Hopefully they'll have fixed the ferry by phase 4, you shouldn't be stuck on LL.

  16. #36
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,379
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Epedemic_Optikz View Post
    Wow all this time and I thought edwardtheblack was the original ls lead.
    He was they did have other leaders.. Ed is Japanese and was the leader of an NA ls. Bahamut was an older jp server. I miss
    Ed, Ondori Amarok and Nikkei <3

  17. #37

    Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Sounds valid to me; what's wrong with what he said?
    Can't get back to your GC without doing a multitude of quests. It would be more logical to unlock ACN first then try to get back to your GC.

  18. #38
    Chram
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,834
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    ^ Still not seeing what the issue is though. ACN isn't going to be in phase 4 so it's either go forward and get my GC opened up or twiddle my thumbs till release. I'm not that concerned with losing the story quest exp to level ACN.

  19. #39

    Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    I'm not that concerned with losing the story quest exp to level ACN.
    Main story quests have the biggest EXP rewards. Are you saying you'd rather waste good exp on a capped job? That's an issue in itself. But hey, to each his own.

  20. #40
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    36,666
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Evane View Post
    Main story quests have the biggest EXP rewards. Are you saying you'd rather waste good exp on a capped job? That's an issue in itself. But hey, to each his own.
    Think he means he doesn't care to use it on ACN or another job that is not 50

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag