1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 37 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 15 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 18 hours, 37 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I'm praying so hard that one of the classes/jobs with Arc is all about Hot healing. I loved Shadow Priest in WoW and absolutely ADORED Chloromancer in Rift. Hot healing is perfectly viable in many situations and puts an interesting wrinkle on an old staple. Plus, it'd be great to have splash-healing for Fates and whatnot.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Every time someone uses 'ARC' for 'Arcanist', I have about 5 seconds of confusion before I realize what they're talking about.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Arcanist should be ACN

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    I'm praying so hard that one of the classes/jobs with Arc is all about Hot healing. I loved Shadow Priest in WoW and absolutely ADORED Chloromancer in Rift. Hot healing is perfectly viable in many situations and puts an interesting wrinkle on an old staple. Plus, it'd be great to have splash-healing for Fates and whatnot.
    The problem is, with 4 and 8 man parties, a class like this would either be essentially useless or horribly overpowered(in theory). I want summoner to function like Yuna in Dissidia and Scholar to be like FF11 scholar that can be a nuker or healer, not both at the same time, and slightly worse than BLM and WHM, but still able to fill their roles, as well as have a few unique perks, and since we're focusing on pets(i hate pets) have them have some nukes/heals as well or something, or maybe the pet is how you nuke and heal, who knows.

?

Scholar is going to be the regen healer, I imagine it will be harder to pull off than White Mage but will be much more useful. All mage classes have nukes, I doubt that will change. My metric for white mage in 1.0 was if they could parse 10k on garuda or not.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I'm going GLA/PLD but I think I'm gonna start as a CNJ, get it leveled with main story mission and random quests around Gridania, then when I hit 15/get airship access I'll move on to Ul'Dah and start on GLA and drive it forward with the rest of the main questline as well as random quests and leves to get it also up to Sastasha level range. That way by the time GLA hits 30 I'll already be ready for the PLD quest (that needs 30GLA/15CNJ if I'm not mistaken?)

I'll also level MRD to level 2 for Foresight, it's too good of an ability to give up on heh. Haven't found much need to level it past that for now, the abilities GLA/PLD can take from it are not that great/necessary.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Hellscream

The first thing that I'm going to do is get to level 25 asap so I can create my guild, then I'll probably get bard unlocked and go from there. A lot of people in my guild are going to be farming dungeons and things like that, so we'll probably do it that way. We're hoping to find out how raids work so we can start gearing up for them as we get to the higher levels in the game. I am also going to be checking out PvP, cause that's what I'm best at =].

First things first, get a sweet ass Final Fantasy rip off name! Xxsephir xxcloud!!!!! hahaha but really. I have been a tank/heavy damage class my entire MMO life. Tanked for years on 11 and damage. So this time around... I am going to go Bard! Figured I would try something new and different and spice things up.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Gonna hardcore Pugilist and then Monk in phase 4.

Hopefully Gunner will be ready by release.

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    Gonna hardcore Pugilist and then Monk in phase 4.

Hopefully Gunner will be ready by release.
    Only classes/job known to be at launch is current ones and Arcanist, Scholar and Summoner.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Someone said Gunner would be ready by then.

Oh well. /shrug.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I think it's hilarious you tried to type /a or /attack.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

oh lol, someone (i think it was yugl?) asked me if there was a text command for auto-attack

But whyyyyyyyyyyyy would you text command, whyyyyyyyyyy.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

idk(`・ω・´)

Anti-crusade crusader
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    Someone said Gunner would be ready by then.

Oh well. /shrug.
    What class would it branch off into? Corsair or just pure Ranger? I love Rifles in MMOs and would absolutely main Gunner if allowed a boom stick.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

stop it the class will be musketeer! (stupid guild)

SPOONY BeARD
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dakin Reyes
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

1. Organize inventory/retainer/trade in materia/apply settings and optimizing ui + bars and keybinds/macros

2. Storyline quests + class quests to unlock abilities since all dow/dom are 50 + set gearsets for all jobs

3. Get last few doh to 50 (alch and cul) + botanist.

4. After all that I'll probably just gather a lot, help returning friends and ls members who quit early in 1.0, and work on materia or additional relic quests if availanle

The Spooniest of Bards
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lucian Esperance
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    stop it the class will be musketeer! (stupid guild)
    Muskteer's Guild also disappeared in the five years since 1.0, it seems. MRD took over Coral Tower or something.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast