1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 26 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 33 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 17 hours, 26 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 16 hours, 33 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fereydoon View Post
    Muskteer's Guild also disappeared in the five years since 1.0, it seems. MRD took over Coral Tower or something.
    Yeah never go TO limsa lol

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

The coral tower is currently dedicated to both the Marauders and the Musketeers. You'll see both signs hanging. You'll see empty desks opposite the Marauder's side (presumably for Musketeers), as well has several people in the basement shooting guns, so it's not completely gone.

As much as I'd like to see Musketeers in at launch, I'm not going to hold my breath for some really well-kept secret Musketeer wildcard release. I fully suspect they'll be added at some point in the future though.

I remember Yoshida talking about wanting a Thief/agility type class in this game, which is really lacks, so I'm pretty certain that will come before musketeer.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I think I really enjoyed Lancer the most of the jobs I tried out. I guess I will ultimately do that and then Dragoon when I am able to.
    Right now, I have the original FF14 software for PC, and I believe I can update that automatically to ARR. I preordered the PS3 version of ARR. I'm unsure if I should continue that route or play on my PC till the PS4 version of ARR is released.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    You'll see empty desks opposite the Marauder's side (presumably for Musketeers), as well has several people in the basement shooting guns, so it's not completely gone
    The screenshot I posted above is literally the Musketeer's Guild desk in Coral Tower. Blerfgh

That said, if Musketeer appears within 6mo of release I'll be surprised

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sakura Kinomoto
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Love,

Square-Enix

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satu Rhean
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I don't know. I could see Musketeer roll out quickly if the base class is Archer. If they create a whole new base class, then it won't be soon. I'm just hoping that a plethora of jobs are added. Puppetmaster preasu.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

They've already shown that they intend to keep the same weapon type for multiple jobs branching from a single class (Grimoire ACN/SMN/SCH) and Musketeer has its own guild (jobs do not).

I don't expect to see Musketeer before we get a class that has a more prominent playstyle niche to fill (thiefy/rogue class, melee/mage hybrid, etc.).

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

What could possibly branch from a gun using class? Ranger I suppose but that might make more since in ARC+MSK rather than MSK+ARC. What else?

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Corsair

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Corsair is an obvious, mandatory job for Musketeer (especially given Limsa).

Engineer or Cannoneer would be other options.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Fuck. How could I forget Corsair. -_-

They can also add gambler to musketeer, one of the new moves will be russian roulette. 1/6 chance to instakill the mob or yourself lol.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Reve View Post
    I don't know. I could see Musketeer roll out quickly if the base class is Archer. If they create a whole new base class, then it won't be soon.
    Musketeer will almost certainly be its own class.

ftr why cant Musketeer be a roguish class niggas

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Gun-based THF? Kind of a stretch, but THF got Culverin in XI, I guess.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    What could possibly branch from a gun using class? Ranger I suppose but that might make more since in ARC+MSK rather than MSK+ARC. What else?
    Corsair (buff class), and then you have Engineer (debuff class) and such.

I really want to know if there will be a thief guild soonish. I'm going Mi'qote and playing GLD in hopes of a THF showing up, though I may prefer Glad anyway. I was a FFXI thf but a WoW PLD, so it may depend on a number of things to determine what I end up playing as.

As for how I'm going to start phase 4...still working on it. I got in for phase 3 only, and hardly played 1.0 on a buddies account. So everything was all new learning and I work a large part of the weekends. Next beta test I'm going to level CNJ to see the Gridania main storyline, and see if that fits better than simply starting GLD. For me though I'm really into the crafting/gathering, so I'm thinking I'm going to take one job to 15 and then leveling up crafting as much as I can until I get sick of it and start leveling the other jobs. I'll probably level them all to 15-30ish before I finally take GLD to cap, not sure. Mercy Stroke seems like an awesome ability for any class to have access to, and I have most classes at 8-10 atm and I see myself bouncing between using an ability from each melee/ranged class so far based on party make up and what I'm doing (for example: I don't equip cure if I have a CNJ, and with multiple tanks in the group I equip Straight Shot for the +crit buff, while using Foresight and Second Wind a lot of the time as well).

I'm trying to figure out how I want to handle leveling, and I'm thinking of doing quests on fighting jobs and then turning them in on gathering ones, simply because leveling those is fairly tedious and getting to higher levels for better gear and higher HQ rates might be solid for the rest of my crafting. I got a little burnt out of crafting at the end of last beta test, but I think that's mostly because all that grinding is kind of pointless when everything gets deleted in a week or two.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    Gun-based THF? Kind of a stretch, but THF got Culverin in XI, I guess.
    Well, they've already said it's going to be kinda weird if they do dagger-based THF, since there's still a few daggers floating around in the GLD arsenal, so I can see it working.

I have a feeling thf and ninja will have its own rogue class based on throwing weapons, like shurikens or throwing knives. There is that npc that uses them also.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    I have a feeling thf and ninja will have its own rogue class based on throwing weapons, like shurikens or throwing knives. There is that npc that uses them also.
    Canonically he's a bard too '~';

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

If corsair does end up being a job as well as a buffer I hope they give it a mechanic similar to phantom roll in FFXI, it made corsair one of the funnest jobs to play as.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast