1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 44 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 22 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 11 hours, 44 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15
    I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Arc View Post
    I'm thinking about going Black Mage... but it seems 70% of Europe is going Black Mage. So I'm still wondering if it wouldn't be better to try out 1 of the 3 new classes (still thinking about Summoner and Scholar),
    or just going White Mage from the start.
    I mean, everyone loves a healer, right?
    Really? Damn our FC has all of 3 THM/BLMs and 2 of them swapped cause we had too many CNJ and ACN. So many CNJ...

For me its the plan to get as many to 20 as possible. Given its a weekend and no work on Fridays... I should be golden.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by niwaar View Post
    Really? Damn our FC has all of 3 THM/BLMs and 2 of them swapped cause we had too many CNJ and ACN. So many CNJ...

For me its the plan to get as many to 20 as possible. Given its a weekend and no work on Fridays... I should be golden.
    My LS (not an FC yet, we're just old XI friends) has 1, maybe 2 THM, a CNJ (me), and a SCH out of 16 people. I believe one other person said they would switch to CNJ.

Based on the survey in this forum section, last I looked, there was only about 16% of the pop as CNJ.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Well, I missed the other Betas, so I'm gonna be rolling an archer and going bard when I can. It was a toss up between that and Dragoon, but I think I've settled on the Bard.

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

Gladiator to 20. And then Conjurer to 20, Miner 20 and Armorer 20 if I have time lol.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Probably THM, then CNJ to get cure/protect, then back to THM and cap it. That's basically what I did in phase 3 but I really got attached to my THM. Plus I don't wan't to waste a lot of time fucking around with that level 15 fight since there's a very limited time to play and I had it down pretty well on THM.

After that I'll just screw around and level a craft and gathering class to 20. Assuming nothing gets wiped, I'm not going to do any leves at all and just let them accumulate for the early access.

They're coming to take me away. Ha Ha!
    BG Level

CNJ to 20, GLA to 20, MRD to 20 since my first goal is PLD. If I have time after that during the 20-cap, I'll probably get some levels into ACN simply because it connects every single mage job, and I tend to gravitate toward them over physical DPS. That's about the most extreme optimistic goal I could hope for in P4, though unlikely since I have to work Friday and Saturday. Realistically, I'd just like to get CNJ to 20, access to all 3 cities through the story quests, and collect a shit load of remote Aetherites so that I never have to worry about them again.

I'll rush in to reserve my wanted names and then play it casually , since I'm working thru the Beta and Early Access...
    Job wise, Archer, unlocked others then if I have time when Archer at 20. I'll get Leather craft and Gathering class level also.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by luxv View Post
    Plus I don't wan't to waste a lot of time fucking around with that level 15 fight since there's a very limited time to play and I had it down pretty well on THM.
    I had trouble with that fight on THM. I'm guessing you went to Grid and got CNJ for Cure and Protect before doing the mission on THM? It was ridiculous without any form of cure other than potions and antidotes were useless with their cooldown.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeota Fourier
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Either plow through as much of the main story as possible or spend that time crafting.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    I had trouble with that fight on THM. I'm guessing you went to Grid and got CNJ for Cure and Protect before doing the mission on THM? It was ridiculous without any form of cure other than potions and antidotes were useless with their cooldown.
    If you're talking about the LV15 THM class quest, use Sleep.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    If you're talking about the LV15 THM class quest, use Sleep.
    The Honor, Duty, COuntry or whatever it is quest. The one with the demon that poisons you and the mage. I was trying the regular sleep/nuke tactic, maybe I should have just went all in.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Level THM to 20 followed by CNJ for Cure/Protect, then maybe level a random craft, not decided which yet as I didnt get much time on P3 to try them.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Think im going to do GLD 20, CNJ 15, ARC 20, cap gear on GLD and ARC then spend the rest of the time crafting. Eventually want to main pld, brd, and one other (leaning towards mnk but not sure) But since I did story so much in phase 3, I really want to focus on crafting/gil as early as I can.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Yeah, I used Cure and Protect from CNJ. It's a breeze with those. Basically just cycle nuke, nuke, cure, cure, use an antidote when needed.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

The Honor, Duty, COuntry or whatever it is quest. The one with the demon that poisons you and the mage. I was trying the regular sleep/nuke tactic, maybe I should have just went all in.
    I ran to Gridania and grabbed Cure from CNJ... then you basically nuke until your HP is pretty low, swap to umbral ice and then sleep the demon.... next, you just run to the other side, cure yourself up, and start nuking again. Rinse, repeat, until the demon goes down. The mage is w/e since Thancred joins.

As for P4, I'm gonna do GLA to 20 > CNJ to 15 > MRD to 20 since PLD is my end goal. If I have some more time I might start working on Armorer.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso View Post
    I ran to Gridania and grabbed Cure from CNJ... then you basically nuke until your HP is pretty low, swap to umbral ice and then sleep the demon.... next, you just run to the other side, cure yourself up, and start nuking again. Rinse, repeat, until the demon goes down. The mage is w/e since Thancred joins.

As for P4, I'm gonna do GLA to 20 > CNJ to 15 > MRD to 20 since PLD is my end goal. If I have some more time I might start working on Armorer.
    Thanks guys. That's what I figured. I did THM on an alt Lala for phase 3 and was just doing all the missions from scratch to see what the difference was from melee to mage. Didn't feel like running to Grid and leveling CNJ for the alt so I just went on my other character. I figured that would make it a breeze.

My plan is CNJ to 15 and ACN to 20, or as close to 20 as I can get. I also have to try to get the GF interested. Hopefully the old LS buddies will help with that as well with the anticipated LS chat.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mirai Amariyo
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I played far too much ARC and LNC throughout the Alpha and Beta Phase(s), so I think for the moment i'm going to stay far away from them.
    I have to say though, I did enjoy playing those classes, so i'll likely revisit them in the future.

I'm probably going to start out with CNJ, THM and ACN to 10/15 before moving into PUG or MRD as my primary.
    Primarily because i'd like to burn most of the starter quests bumping up the more 'breakable' classes, while using leves/remaining quests for those more 'durable'.

Who knows though, I may just throw caution to the wind and fully invest in DoM (initially) instead of DoW, which would be a fresh change for me when it comes to MMOs.
    As far as DoH/L go, i'll probably be eyeing up Mining and Blacksmithing primarily, that seemed to work out pretty well for me in 1.0

[EDIT]
    I went and put together a roadmap/goal that i'm going to try and adhere to for the course of Phase 4
    Ended up splitting my DoW and DoM focuses between 2 separate characters.
    http://tinyurl.com/xivroadmap

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

I plan on going LNC to 10, ARC to 4 or 5, then LNC all the way to 20, then PUG to 20, then ARC to 20. Then lvl a craft and gatherer to 20. I want to do WAR WHM and SMN eventually, but I think I'll hold off on those for a while.