1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 2 hours, 33 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 21 hours, 26 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 19 hours, 33 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 14 hours, 26 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Chinch

Well I've decided on a lot of things these past few days. First off, I'm pumped to join the BG folks over on Gilgamesh! Second, I was planning to roll Roegadyn but changed my mind and will be going Lalafell, no doubt about it.

My plan is to roll Lalafell Conjurer and make sure I am always up to date on my Hunting Log because out of all the features in the game I just LOVE the hunting log.

In terms of leveling I want to:

1. Get Conjurer to 10 and do class quest.
    2. Get Conjurer to 15 and visit each city and do each of the dungeons.
    3. Unlock Gladiator, Arcanist, Weaver and Fisher while visiting the cities.
    4. Level Gladiator to 10 (want to get it up decently so it's close to 15. Need it to unlock WHM).
    5. Possibly level up Fisher and Weaver to a decent level (10ish).
    6. Level Conjurer to 30.
    7. Level Gladiator to 15, unlock WHM.
    7. Level WHM/CNJ to 50 while leveling Weaver and Fisher.

As for my second job to 50, I will be leveling Arcanist all the way up and unlocking Scholar. In the end I plan to focus on WHM, SCH, WEA and FSH.

So stoked for this!

edit: Steps 1-5 plan to be completed in the Open beta if everything goes as planned and if my data will get carried over to launch.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Chinch View Post
    Well I've decided on a lot of things these past few days. First off, I'm pumped to join the BG folks over on Gilgamesh! Second, I was planning to roll Roegadyn but changed my mind and will be going Lalafell, no doubt about it.

My plan is to roll Lalafell Conjurer and make sure I am always up to date on my Hunting Log because out of all the features in the game I just LOVE the hunting log.

In terms of leveling I want to:

1. Get Conjurer to 10 and do class quest.
    2. Get Conjurer to 15 and visit each city and do each of the dungeons.
    3. Unlock Gladiator, Arcanist, Weaver and Fisher while visiting the cities.
    4. Level Gladiator to 10 (want to get it up decently so it's close to 15. Need it to unlock WHM).
    5. Possibly level up Fisher and Weaver to a decent level (10ish).
    6. Level Conjurer to 30.
    7. Level Gladiator to 15, unlock WHM.
    7. Level WHM/CNJ to 50 while leveling Weaver and Fisher.

As for my second job to 50, I will be leveling Arcanist all the way up and unlocking Scholar. In the end I plan to focus on WHM, SCH, WEA and FSH.

So stoked for this!

edit: Steps 1-5 plan to be completed in the Open beta if everything goes as planned and if my data will get carried over to launch.

SE said that the SJ needed ot unlock the jobs might changed, so it might not be Gld anymore

Chinch

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    SE said that the SJ needed ot unlock the jobs might changed, so it might not be Gld anymore
    If thats the case then fk Glad. I hope WHMs subjob doesn't start in Gridania though. I'd like to use another cities starting quests to get it up fast. Hopefully Ul'dah so I can use Limsa's quests for Arcanist.

For now I can see WHMs subjob being Gladiator, Thaumaturge, or Arcanist. Those are the only ones that make sense.

Also question: Why is BLM's subjob Pugilist? Doesn't make sense tbh.

edit: I am also hoping that Scholar's subjob is CNJ. ARN/CNJ makes the most sense and I'll already have CNJ up to so it'll be perfect.

BG Level

If thats the case then fk Glad. I hope WHMs subjob doesn't start in Gridania though. I'd like to use another cities starting quests to get it up fast. Hopefully Ul'dah so I can use Limsa's quests for Arcanist.

For now I can see WHMs subjob being Gladiator, Thaumaturge, or Arcanist. Those are the only ones that make sense.

edit: I am also hoping that Scholar's subjob is CNJ. ARN/CNJ makes the most sense and I'll already have CNJ up to so it'll be perfect.
    What is almost confirmed is that whm and blm uses ANC skill

Whm also use thm skills

But to unlock the job no one knows yet

Chinch

What is almost confirmed is that whm and blm uses ANC skill

Whm also use thm skills

But to unlock the job no one knows yet
    Good to know.

What I think will happen, atleast for DoM classes/jobs is:

WHM = CNJ/THM or maybe CNJ/ARN
    BLM = THM/CNJ or maybe THM/ARN
    SMN = ARN/THM
    SCH = ARN/WHM

But who knows... it could end up being CNJ/MRD for WHM haha.

BG Level

I wanted scholar as 2nd main but after seeing the possible leaked Acn skills I don't see how sch could heal

Acn gets 0 healing skill and can only get cure from cnj

Unless sch gets healing spells as job skills

Chinch

I wanted scholar as 2nd main but after seeing the possible leaked Acn skills I don't see how sch could heal

Acn gets 0 healing skill and can only get cure from cnj

Unless sch gets healing spells as job skills
    Where can I see these leaked ARN skills?!?

BG Level

Where can I see these leaked ARN skills?!?
    Link seems down so possible that it was false or se found it and took it down

But it was like ruby carbuncle ruin bio bio is and other stuff like that

Chinch

Ah ok. Well I'll wait and see. For now I am planning for WHM.

BG Level

Ah ok. Well I'll wait and see. For now I am planning for WHM.
    Yeah kinda wanna go whm mnk myself that is why I wanna lv lnc in p4

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

imma just blow stuff up

Chinch

Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    imma just blow stuff up
    Dude. You just blew my mind.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lady Tisi
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Malygos

I haven't played PUG in ARR yet, but in 1.0, a lot of PUG/MNK damage was based on elements. You had different types of fist... 'stances' fists of wind would make you move faster and gain wind element to your fists for example. IIRC fire was your main DD fist most of the time, but it's been a while and it wasn't my main. BLM being a pure damage class, having PUG as your subjob makes sense in that they both shared an affinity to using the elements to deal/amplify their damage.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Black Mage's sub classes are Archer and Arcanist in the Beta, so I can't imagine it changing.
    Also, as far as I know Pugilist's Elemental Fists no longer change it's damage type either.

The Spooniest of Bards
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lucian Esperance
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Something I just thought of, though not a particularly big deal. If ACN is a required class for certain jobs and isn't in Phase 4 beta, but job quests are, are you locked out of those jobs until release? Only a couple weeks at most, but still kinda gross.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

- Phase 4 -
    1. Probably do story missions with my LS.
    2. Avoid all sidequests as much as I can stand.
    3. Craft/Gather

- Launch -
    1. Arcanist

Staying on Hyperion. I don't have much of a choice since I lead the linkshell that all my friends are in and they want to stay on Hyperion. In terms of community it's pretty good so I have no reason to move anyways except that I'll miss out on a lot of cool peeps on other servers.

... I just wanna be a summoner so bad I can't handle it.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I was originally going to be a tank class, but I may do CNJ instead. I'm very rarely a mage class in MMOs and never the healer. Not to say I have not played the healer classes, just never as my main class. I may do SCH and WHM as my mains.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Fereydoon View Post
    Something I just thought of, though not a particularly big deal. If ACN is a required class for certain jobs and isn't in Phase 4 beta, but job quests are, are you locked out of those jobs until release? Only a couple weeks at most, but still kinda gross.
    There are a thousand ways they can handle this so I wouldn't be too worried yet. If they follow the job requirements they had in 1.0 then Arcanist might not be anything more than additional abilities.

As in, you can unlock Black Mage with THM30 ARC15 and equip any allowable Arcanist abilities you've learned (in this case none); they could also not have soul crystals be available (this is more unlikely); or simply have a NPC workaround.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

This is what I found.
    I do not know the origins of this information so I am not going to claim it's valid.

Spoiler: show

Level 01 - Ruin: Deals magic damage to target. Potency: 100

Level 02 - Bio: Deals magic DoT to target. Potency: 10 Duration: 30s

Level 04 - Ruby Carbuncle: Summons "Carbuncle Mage"

Level 06 - Miasma: Deals magic DoT to target. Potency: 5 Duration: 30s Additional Effect: Inflict 20% "Heavy" & an ailment that halves the amount recovered on heals. Duration: 30s This Heavy will not be cancelled if target takes an attack. (TN: This one was tricky for me, might've @#%^ed this one up)

Level 10 - Sustain: Consume 15% of your max HP to grant HoT to your pet. Potency: 5 Duration: 15s Cannot be used if current HP is less than 15% your max HP.

Level 14 - Wither: Deals cone-shaped magic damage towards target. Range: 120 degrees

Level 15 - Diamond Carbuncle (QUEST): Summons "Carbuncle Guardian".

Level 18 - Self-Sacrifice: Out of your current HP, consume 20% of your max HP to raise your own magic damage for a set time. Duration: 12s Cannot be used if current HP is less than 20% max.

Level 22 - Miasma II: Deals magic DoT to AoE. Potency: 5 Duration: 30s Additional Effect: Inflict 20% "Heavy" & an ailment that halves the amount recovered on heals. Duration: 30s This Heavy will not be cancelled if target takes an attack. (Again, not sure of the additional effect)

Level 26 - Fog: Decrease target's range of throwing, archery, and magic by 10 yalms. Duration: 30s

Level 30 - Barrier: Raise your physical defense by 10%. Duration: 15 min.

Level 30 - Bane (QUEST): Scatter a target's DoT & Status Ailment to surroundings. Duration: Based on DoT / Ailment. If you did not inflict the DoT / Ailment there is no effect. Additional Effect: 15% chance to reset the duration of the scattered DoT / Ailment. (TN: This was a doozy. Might be way off. Sounds like it spreads an enemy's DoT or debuff to surrounding enemies. Not sure if this is the actual quest ability you learn.)

Level 34 - Bio II: Inflict magic DoT to target. Potency: 20 Duration: 60s Additional Effect: Raises target's chance of taking critical damage 3%.

Level 38 - Autoimmunity Raise your own physical defense 10%. Duration: 12s Can only be used if HP is less than 20%.

Level 42 - Addle: Inflict target with 10% "Slow Cast". Duration: 12s

Level 46 - Serpent Tongue: Increase your "Fast Cast" 10% and decrease range your range of magic 10 yalms. Duration: 15s

Level 50 - Aura Burst: Deals magic damage to surrounding enemies. Additional Effect: Knocks back target 10 yalms. (TN: Not sure if it's the enemy you target or all hit by the spell. No potency was given in the doc I have)

Summoner Skills (These sound like Summoner abilities but I'm not sure how the levels will work out):

Level 04 - Proto Ramuh: Summon "Ramuh Spirit".

Level 15 - Proto Titan: Summon "Titan Spirit".

Level 30 - Proto Garuda: Summon "Garuda Spirit".

Level 35 - Fester: Deal damage based on the number of DoT / Ailments you have inflicted on target. "60 Potency" damage per DoT / Ailment. Only Arcanist/Summoner DoT / Ailments count toward damage. No effect if you did not inflict DoT / Ailment to target. (TN: Sorry if wording is strange. Might have messed this one up)

Level 40 - Proto Ifrit: Summon "Ifrit Spirit".

Level 45 - Harm's Way: Have your pet take damage for one other party member (excluding yourself). Duration: 12s

Level 50 - Enkindle: Execute a Fulfillment skill on currently summoned pet. Can only use when a Summoner pet is summoned. (TN: Not sure what this means without context, but maybe using stuff like "Diamond Dust" etc.?)

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Those were mined from Phase-2 beta along with every other class/job's skill lists (which were accurate). So it's as "official" as it can be for now. I don't know if they're actually still in there this phase though.