1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 1 hours, 13 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 22 hours, 46 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 18 hours, 13 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 15 hours, 46 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

How do you gonna start Phase4/Release Please God Learn Proper English

Well since the game is down, for a bit, might just discuss on how people will play the game at phase 4 or release. Aka how to pass the start of the game

As for me, since i wanna play mostly WHM and MNK (and maybe SCH) i'll need some SJ skills

Since Arcanist shouldn't be ready for P4 i'll just wait. I'm gonna start WHM in Gridania and rush the WHM story till 15-20 to unlock the armory (and some spells like aura fluid)

Then Will lv LNC (with the Main story EXP) and finish with arcanist later on (at release maybe with all the new people lolz

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I am expecting a lot of people to want to zerg new class/job, so I am staying far away from that for a couple of months, will work on main story etc.
    I rather enjoy gathering, especially mining. gives me "zen", I'll probably mill around poking things to see, systematically do some quests and gathering port-spots.
    Once we get more concrete info on Housing for Free Companies, I will try to make educated guesses based on that as to the necessities for private housing, and start working towards that

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Since fighting as a gladiator was so simple and straightforward, leves/grinding is acceptable for leveling it. So I'm also going to start as a conjurer to give it the accelerated/quest exp, then switch to gladiator later on.

Considering we're halfway through phase 3, and phase 4 progress is supposed to carry over to retail, BG needs to start thinking over a server to get on to. Legacy characters will be stuck where they are for a while, but past that should a single target server be named for transfers and new character creation? There's also the issue of aiming for a legacy or new server. What was BG mainly on when 1.0 ended anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    ^ Excal is the official server for the XIV BG ls/fc lead by Lancaster. I think Weltall is starting one on Gilgamesh for the forum BGers + fgc peoples.

(I'm not involved with this, just came across the post in another thread)

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Anyone with all DoW/Ms at 50 should pick up ACN as soon as possible and turn in all their quests as that job.
    ...or at least, that's what I'll be doing.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Anyone with all DoW/Ms at 50 should pick up ACN as soon as possible and turn in all their quests as that job.
    ...or at least, that's what I'll be doing.
    Which is a good idea, although it probably won't be possible to rush through the quests that way. You can't turn in the quest until you are the minimum level needed to accept it, so you'd have to do some leveling on the side to keep the pace.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Jamison View Post
    Which is a good idea, although it probably won't be possible to rush through the quests that way. You can't turn in the quest until you are the minimum level needed to accept it, so you'd have to do some leveling on the side to keep the pace.
    If you're doing all the sidequests, you can level just fine without doing any combat, or at least you can for the first 20 levels or so.

If by 'rush the quests', you mean you'll be cockblocked on story progression based on the level of your ACN though, yeah that's true.

I'm undecided between Marauder/Lancer and Pugilist. I always tend to favor heavy armor wearing dps classes, and I love the look of warrior/marauder but i've never really been the tank type so i'm not sure about it and how they fit in the game, like can they take up either dps OR tank like a Warrior in TERA or are they restricted to only being a tank in dungeon groups? I didnt get to do any dungeons this weekend and I was playing around on PGL for the most part, it was really fun class. Lancer I havnt tried out much in the beta, it's the class I played back in 1.0 though and I enjoyed it other then feeling squishy at times.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I want to use all my main story missions to level up ACN but since that wont be in P4 I guess I'll stick to finishing the class quests of the classes I already have at 50, get all the ports. It's going to be hard to stay away from the main story though so much being tied to it.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'll probably focus on the Main Story so I have access to all the dungeons and such. Also work on Gathering/Crafting/Materia.

Scholar does interest me, but I dont mind waiting for that initial surge to pass. Profit on it if possible.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Aw damn, I forgot about the whole part about ACN not available in Phase 4. I guess I'll hold off on sidequests at least.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zzsark View Post
    I want to use all my main story missions to level up ACN but since that wont be in P4 I guess I'll stick to finishing the class quests of the classes I already have at 50, get all the ports. It's going to be hard to stay away from the main story though so much being tied to it.
    There is no way i can wait threw P4 without main story, getting airship and other stuff is pretty important for fast travel

Luckly i got LNC 18 which i really don't care but i'll need it at 34 for MNK SJ, so i'll just rush threw it as WHM and get reward on LNC and hope t oget it near 34 then be done with it, and be in the big pact of morons are relase that will lag the shit of LL with ARC, unless i give up the Hunting log and do Gridania quests wit hit

I'VE CHOSEN A TITLE FOR THE LIKES OF YOU!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Aw damn, I forgot about the whole part about ACN not available in Phase 4. I guess I'll hold off on sidequests at least.
    Ergh, this is my problem as well. I wanted to level ACN with the main story quests since I'm really interested in SMN/SCH too, but I can't since it's not available in Phase 4. Plus my WHM, BLM, PLD are 50 already, and the rest are hovering around the 15~ish range. So this leaves MNK, DRG, ARC and WAR. Maybe WAR or a melee job? Hmm...

I was never much for leveling Crafter/Gatherer classes, but maybe it might be a good idea to level up Weaver and such to be able to repair my own stuff.

Decisions, decisions.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    There is no way i can wait threw P4 without main story, getting airship and other stuff is pretty important for fast travel

Luckly i got LNC 18 which i really don't care but i'll need it at 34 for MNK SJ, so i'll just rush threw it as WHM and get reward on LNC and hope t oget it near 34 then be done with it, and be in the big pact of morons are relase that will lag the shit of LL with ARC, unless i give up the Hunting log and do Gridania quests wit hit
    If they fix the ferry fee it should be pretty easy to get everywhere and grab the teles, but probably less convenient. I may just forgo using story to level ACN up to 20ish so I can get most stuff unlocked. Really want to get back in GCs ASAP and start ranking up since I'm pretty far behind I that area. Especially now that a lot of GC equipment looks pretty good.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Starting off leveling Conjurer with my best friend also as Conjurer until we get to ~15 for the airship. Then Thaumaturge leveling for the both of us. She wants to be WHM and I'm going to be BLM most likely. We may change this up depending on how Arcanist/SMN/SCH is at launch, but Conjurer and Thaumaturge will definitely be first for us.

After messing around in Phase 3, starting off as Conjurer just made all the solo missions a complete joke compared to other classes. Having Cure and Protect just helps so much. They may get nerfed with all the complaining though, who knows.

edit: Still haven't decided on a server though, might go to Gilgamesh since we don't really want to be on a legacy server. >.>

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Cantih View Post
    Since fighting as a gladiator was so simple and straightforward, leves/grinding is acceptable for leveling it. So I'm also going to start as a conjurer to give it the accelerated/quest exp, then switch to gladiator later on.

Considering we're halfway through phase 3, and phase 4 progress is supposed to carry over to retail, BG needs to start thinking over a server to get on to. Legacy characters will be stuck where they are for a while, but past that should a single target server be named for transfers and new character creation? There's also the issue of aiming for a legacy or new server. What was BG mainly on when 1.0 ended anyway?
    I am part of the leadership of Order of the Blue Garter on Excalibur (moving over from Durandal). If you're unaware, we're an endgame-oriented FC. We inherited the name from our founders, chiefly the original 22. Initially we had a lot of BG-WoW players who came over as well. We definitely don't have any issues with there being a forum-based community on other servers; we're going to keep on doing our thing. These forums' members were pretty splintered across 1.0 since it sucked so much ass.

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

How do you gonna make a thread title?

I'll probably stick with Pugilist. I didn't get a feel for the other classes, but MNK is my XI favorite.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster View Post
    I am part of the leadership of Order of the Blue Garter on Excalibur (moving over from Durandal). If you're unaware, we're an endgame-oriented FC. We inherited the name from our founders, chiefly the original 22. Initially we had a lot of BG-WoW players who came over as well. We definitely don't have any issues with there being a forum-based community on other servers; we're going to keep on doing our thing. These forums' members were pretty splintered across 1.0 since it sucked so much ass.
    adding more to this, the BG that lancaster is running is the BGWoW group from the original bg forums back before 99% of you joined, back on theorderls.com. Myself and Nikkei splintered that board when they went full wow and hate on XI and we made bluegartrls.com which eventually became bluegartr.com and the forums you are browsing now.
    Lancasters BG is not our BG but Ive spoken with him at length recently and we understand him and his group and have no intentions of trying to force him to stop using the name and he isnt trying to steal BG from us but he is not bluegartr.coms BG. Basically he is running a continuation of the BGWoW group that was a splinter from the original BG from wayyyyy back in early XI and BigKills stuff.

We didnt have a good relationship with BGWoW for a VERY VERY long time due to the way they left the original XI group in a very bad state and really made keeping the forums difficult for a lot of people. The few of you left from the original theorderls.com will probably remember our FFXI discussions being just randomly locked or deleted or people outright banned for saying anything about the current staff there for the FFXI section which was all wow people who hated XI with a PASSION. Im really glad we have a much better relationship with their current generation and I look forward to hearing about their world firsts and all the crazy stuff they will be doing in XIV.

I will be running a nice ultracasual shell along with a bunch of other people (welt, dole, ragns, and several good friends from BG FFXI) on GILGAMESH that will just be hanging out, leveling up, and doing whatever fun stuff we want to do, no pressure or anything. Everyone is welcome to join as long as you can follow the 5 rules of the shell. Ill be posting a thread about it pretty soon, outlining all this stuff again

I kind of want to go mining lol

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa View Post
    adding more to this, the BG that lancaster is running is the BGWoW group from the original bg forums back before 99% of you joined, back on theorderls.com. Myself and Nikkei splintered that board when they went full wow and hate on XI and we made bluegartrls.com which eventually became bluegartr.com and the forums you are browsing now.
    Lancasters BG is not our BG but Ive spoken with him at length recently and we understand him and his group and have no intentions of trying to force him to stop using the name and he isnt trying to steal BG from us but he is not bluegartr.coms BG. Basically he is running a continuation of the BGWoW group that was a splinter from the original BG from wayyyyy back in early XI and BigKills stuff.

We didnt have a good relationship with BGWoW for a VERY VERY long time due to the way they left the original XI group in a very bad state and really made keeping the forums difficult for a lot of people. The few of you left from the original theorderls.com will probably remember our FFXI discussions being just randomly locked or deleted or people outright banned for saying anything about the current staff there for the FFXI section which was all wow people who hated XI with a PASSION. Im really glad we have a much better relationship with their current generation and I look forward to hearing about their world firsts and all the crazy stuff they will be doing in XIV.

I will be running a nice ultracasual shell along with a bunch of other people (welt, dole, ragns, and several good friends from BG FFXI) on GILGAMESH that will just be hanging out, leveling up, and doing whatever fun stuff we want to do, no pressure or anything. Everyone is welcome to join as long as you can follow the 5 rules of the shell. Ill be posting a thread about it pretty soon, outlining all this stuff again
    Brofive

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast