1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 26 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 33 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 23 hours, 26 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 10 hours, 33 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Well crafted gear seems pretty terrible so it doesn't really matter if you have terrible+1 or just nq terrible.
    I can't find it now but I recall a dev post talking about wanting to add crafted gear equal to or better than dungeon drops to add some more purpose to crafts. If that is the case this needs to be fixed.

There have been a lot of things said by the DEV team which have been completely thrown out. That's just one among many.

It doesn't help that melding is so gimped.

It's one thing to make characters log out in all melded gear knowing that there would be changes, it's another thing entirely for those changes to make their entire wardrobe shittier than AF.

Edit: I'm waiting for the ability to change the order and spacing of party members, anyone remember that dev post?

Tank

Melee
    Melee

Bard
    Bard
    BLM
    BLM
    WHM

nope.jpg

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

They specifically mentioned they planned to implement them in p4 or beyond, on what basis do you think they've "thrown out" the idea?

It's SE, so I always remain skeptical.

This is the company that had somebody code a restriction for tells while in instances.

This is the company that won't establish a global ID system until 2020 when other games have moved to just linking everything through Steam.

This is the company that made FFXI.

As good as Yoshi-P seems to be, this is still SE.

As far as the crafted gear, I forget but I think (think) my Darksteel Haubergeon was like Item Level 80 (could be very wrong). That is comparable to Blue drops from Lv45 dungeons (if that AV/CC info is true, they were Lv45 before so yea). DS Haub has STR on it, so you basically can't meld that. I'm pretty sure it has accuracy and determination too. I forget if the other stat is VIT or skill speed or crit, dunno. You basically can't meld anything it already has unless you take it at a severely reduced rate. The only other item similar to DS Haub was Gryphonskin Tunic and they made that Bard only. Vanya and some of the other pieces were easier to craft and weren't from the same source (though they could be similar item level).

Edit:
    Item Level 80
    STR 17
    VIT 17
    Accuracy 21

Only things you could meld are Defensive stats or Determination/Critical Attack without taking a huge penalty in how much you could meld each time. I assume Lv80 takes TIV in slots, but DS Haub might take a TIV STR and only give you like 4 of it.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Does anyone have some HQ vs NQ item comparisons? It's not surprising that NQ items would be crap compared to dungeon stuff, but I'd like to think the HQ items would at least compare to pink gear. As far as I can tell, XIVDB doesn't have any way of determining the HQ stats.

iirc +1 DS Haub had like 19 or 21 STR/VIT, identical to Darklight sans the Determination it gives.

The stats on gear atm aren't even finalized I thought.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

It's pretty much all placeholder stats right now (based on item level & class requirements).

There's a lot of thought put into all of these placeholder stats.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

People keep on saying the stats are placeholders, but I have yet to see a source. Until someone tells me where it was mentioned (something as vague as "during a live letter..." would suffice, I suppose) I'm just going to keep on assuming what we see is what we're getting.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I disagree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    People keep on saying the stats are placeholders, but I have yet to see a source. Until someone tells me where it was mentioned (something as vague as "during a live letter..." would suffice, I suppose) I'm just going to keep on assuming what we see is what we're getting.
    Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    I disagree with you.
    Shocking. You do have an apprehension to facts.

iirc +1 DS Haub had like 19 or 21 STR/VIT, identical to Darklight sans the Determination it gives.
    Or 2 guaranteed determination melds for an identical piece of gear of identical item level. In fact, most of the Lv80 crafted gear is able to be made into darklight through melds, it's just that there isn't the same amount of crafted gear as there is darklight and there isn't as much freedom with melding. I might be able to make identical gear but I can't make the gear I want and that makes the game incredibly linear.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

I don't know what thread ya'll think yer in, but this ain't the place for all that talk of crafting, dungeons and item stats!

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    It's pretty much all placeholder stats right now (based on item level & class requirements).
    Are you talking about how some classes "lost" items?

There is a new darklight set for BRD and a new darklight set for WHM.
    There's a new vanya set for WHM and CNJ.
    There are few other examples but tbh I don't care enough to list all of them.

To me it feels like class requirements are final - some classes will just have to use different items now. We can argue about the shadyness of switching class requirements around all we want, but that's not enough to be able to state "items are placeholders".

It applies to Gathering too, you can't actually apply 150 of a stat prior to forbidden through melding. I don't even think there is current gathering gear able to support TIV/V stuff and it since the melding is Item Level based, things like Dodoskin Espadrilles +1 are pretty shit tier if I can meld a TV Perception on an item later and the actual footwear has zero stats I'm interested in.

Not really, when you look at gear they largely have the same kinds of stats just in different amounts based on level and "special"-ness (rare/ex/AF/etc).

ie. PLD/WAR/DRG AF bodies have identical stats.

Should they have different stats? Damage dealt is determined by only so many stats. All classes need HP. There is no enmity stat, so what else could be added?

FF11 is the only mmo ive played with fun gear, every other mmo has had boring as hell gear. FF14 has by far the most generic, boring, uninteresting gear in any video game I've ever played besides Diablo3 though.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

You're all a bunch of faggots

I'm not a mod anymore, but can we for the purposes of this thread simply figure out the feasibility of creating gear in this thread and not OH GOD EVERY MMO I PLAY IS AWFUL? Shit, arguing about crafted gear stats vs dungeon gear stats etc makes sense in a thread about gathering materials to create crafted gear.

Crying about BORING ASS TABARD WEARING SHIT isn't even remotely related

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stanislaw Ziolkowski
    FFXIV Server
    Durandal

Edit: I'm waiting for the ability to change the order and spacing of party members, anyone remember that dev post?
    A bit late, but although spacing isn't implemented yet, you can already change the order of party members. It's what that up/down button at the bottom left of the screen in the party tab under the social menu is for. A common macro JPs are using is to rearrange the order so Tank is at the number two spot and use <2> in their macro for healing and such.