1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 52 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 7 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 23 hours, 52 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 10 hours, 7 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jamison View Post
    .... A small amount regens during gathering after each swing (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5).
    [*]Regain 20 GP over the course of 6 hits.

This is just from my own observation but GP regen during gathering seems to be dependent on successfully gathering the material or maybe even chain bonus. My GP doesn't regen when I fail (at least the few times I actually looked), and it seems to start over when I have a success after a failure. Additionally, I seemed to regen different amounts for different level items, but I didn't really pay too much attention to that so it may be an instance of confirmation bias.

Once you get to level 15 items, they will be “hidden” (only a 10% chance to gather) until you are successful the first time. Then their rates will be normal.
    Minor correction here. Starting at Level 10 Nodes this was the case for me.

It appears character level has no effect in this equation.
    I get 1-5% additional success rate on gathering with every level. It could be added stats from the level or something else, but it would seem that this statement is inaccurate.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

I'll check into each of those this weekend, thanks.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I can second the hidden items until harvested at level 10 as a Botanist.

If I get the time this weekend, I'll look to see how much the gathering and crafting stats effect success. (i.e needing 10 gathering to get a 1% increase, etc)

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

in 1.0 Alumen came from Mining or Botanist?

Mining.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

k thanks i<ll need to find 5 of those fast when the game launch

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    k thanks i<ll need to find 5 of those fast when the game launch
    If you know anyone who mined or did LTW in 1.0, they probably have a bajillion spares you could use. I think I still have 2~3 stacks.

Can you not still buy them from vendors?! xivdb says you can't, I am shocked!

filthy liars!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deuce Angaar
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    If you know anyone who mined or did LTW in 1.0, they probably have a bajillion spares you could use. I think I still have 2~3 stacks.
    As a 50MIN I can confirm that I have a shit ton of Alumen.

Also, I've yet to play my Miner or Botanist in the beta. Have both classes truly become more interesting to play?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satu Rhean
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    As a 50MIN I can confirm that I have a shit ton of Alumen.

Also, I've yet to play my Miner or Botanist in the beta. Have both classes truly become more interesting to play?
    Overall, I love the changes to Gathering. You don't have to play the stupid hot/cold game, and nodes are closer so you're not wasting time traveling in a large circle. You can also target the items you want, which is nice. The abilities work on GP, which is like MP. It takes awhile to recharge, but you can still mine and then use the abilities for higher chances at HQ mats.

The changes really help you target the items you want, and it's very streamlined. You're not wasting a whole day trying to get a stack of the mats you want. You're also not getting a whole stack of things you'd just NPC sell anyway. It doesn't feel like a chore, like it did in 1.0, you feel like you're actually getting what you want.

Banned.

BG Level

does 'perception' increase the chance of an HQ find? If not, what does it do?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Did you read the OP? I know it's long, but it's pretty well organized.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamison View Post
    Here are the stats for DoL:

Gathering – Chances of obtaining an item.

PerceptionProbability of finding HQ items.

GP – Points used to trigger abilities. GP regens slowly outside of gathering, taking about 1 minute to regen 100 GP. A small amount regens during gathering after each swing (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5).

Base Stats – While STR and MND do not seem to have any direct effect on the gathering process, I have seen Gathering Point Characteristics that use STR and MND to trigger a bonus.

Banned.

BG Level

Yeah I found it on page2, I think I bugged out while checking the thread and missed the discussion on perception. STR and MIND trigger a bonus??

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by sumsoftime View Post
    STR and MIND trigger a bonus??
    Some nodes will grant a bonus to its items' HQ rate, quantity, or gathering chance if a certain stat is above a threshold determined by the level of the node.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by sumsoftime View Post
    Yeah I found it on page2, I think I bugged out while checking the thread and missed the discussion on perception. STR and MIND trigger a bonus??
    Once you learn the Stone/Tree Whisperer trait, some gathering points will grant you bonuses to yield/hq/success rates if you meet a certain stat threshold. STR, MND, Gathering, Perception, and elemental resistances (why?? ugh.) are some (all?) of the stats it can look for, for Miners. For Botanists, swap out STR/MND for DEX/INT.

Dang, beaten.

Banned.

BG Level

I see I see... I'll look deeper into this. Thank you for the info guys!

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Speaking of which, here's some extra info on that front if you're interested in digging through it Jamison.

Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2RUNQenc#gid=0
    Source: http://www.disciplesoftheland.com/fo...g=posts&t=1015

Note: This isn't my info. As much of a hard-on as I had for Botany in 1.0, I haven't touched DoL in Phase 3.

On second thought, you probably already knew about that info as I assume you occasionally check that site, but I already made the post /shrug.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Reve View Post
    Overall, I love the changes to Gathering. You don't have to play the stupid hot/cold game, and nodes are closer so you're not wasting time traveling in a large circle. You can also target the items you want, which is nice. The abilities work on GP, which is like MP. It takes awhile to recharge, but you can still mine and then use the abilities for higher chances at HQ mats.

The changes really help you target the items you want, and it's very streamlined. You're not wasting a whole day trying to get a stack of the mats you want. You're also not getting a whole stack of things you'd just NPC sell anyway. It doesn't feel like a chore, like it did in 1.0, you feel like you're actually getting what you want.
    Yeah, it's still boring in a way that grinding/gathering is boring, but it's pretty awesome if you just need to go out and get certain items. I'll be maxing them for sure.

green jellybean
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Speaking of which, here's some extra info on that front if you're interested in digging through it Jamison.

Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2RUNQenc#gid=0
    Source: http://www.disciplesoftheland.com/fo...g=posts&t=1015

Note: This isn't my info. As much of a hard-on as I had for Botany in 1.0, I haven't touched DoL in Phase 3.

On second thought, you probably already knew about that info as I assume you occasionally check that site, but I already made the post /shrug.
    Thanks, I was searching around, probably too early, for this. I really like the changes to gathering, it feels more purposeful. My highest job is 32 Miner so I'll be interested to see how quickly it levels but at least I can target the things I want as I go along.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Has anyone doing Botany been able to gather Diremite Webs?

It's gotten me a little worried, as it's pretty much the only core material I've seen in the 20~30 range that hasn't been found gatherable anywhere yet, and it's pretty much required for everything Weavers do between cotton and flax (24~32). Would also impact Crafting/Gathering classes since that's where all their 24~32 gear comes from (with the exception of slots that have GC gear, I guess).

I'm hoping people just haven't found where it's gathered from yet. It would be a massive pain if it only actually came from farming Diremites.

they drop off diremites.