1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 1 hours, 35 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 22 hours, 24 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 18 hours, 35 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 15 hours, 24 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Couldn't find Race/Clan Discussion

Hi,

I am interested in trying to max/min my classes and jobs.

I searched and searched and couldn't find a thread on clan and race discussions about this. I found one on stats, but I was more specifically looking at what races/clans were "best" for max/min'ing different roles.

Thanks!

Anti-crusade crusader
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The +3 or so stats that you start off with get drowned out by the high amount of stat points later game. Just go for what race you think is most awesome (Tip: Highlander)

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Also, since you can be every profession on a single character, picking a supposed ideal clan/race for one class may be the least effective clan/race for other classes.

I echo the above statement. min/maxing based on racial stats is stupid, and if you're the type to do that, you're probably not going to stick around playing the game very long anyway because you clearly don't actually care about your character.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ardreul Galawen
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

At max level it's a difference of +/- 3 or 4 stats. It literally doesn't matter.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Has it been verified that there is no stat growth difference between the races?

They are very close at start but ARR may not follow the same growth as 1.0 did.

You mean aside from them stating they weren't going to make the game terrible like XI?

I guess all of the Legacy players who didn't read the manuals for Ph3 testing could have compared lengths and saw that they were pretty similar.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Wow! That was fast!

Thanks everyone for replying.

Sorry if I struck a nerve or something with you Raldo. I actually do get quite into my characters. I guess I just like trying to be the best at whatever I do. I also like being the race of the class. For example, When I played ffxi, I really liked being a Warrior and I liked thought that Galka were really good at war. It made the entire thing better for me and I still have a ton of Galka Pride. I thought that galka were really good for drk too and it made the story even better when I was a galka drk. My Taru mage was fun too! I just liked trying to be the "intended" race for that class. So I guess my play style is more in the box? Anyway. If it is a hyur, then so be it, or an elezen so be it. I will have fun and RP whatever race and clan that happens to be.

But it sounds like it doesn't really matter, so that makes it a little easier. Maybe I'll be an Elezen Lancer or a Hyur Pug.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Just look at the animations; pick what race and sex has animations that suit you. You literally cannot go wrong with a race/class mixture.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Here you go.

Race/Clan stat charts.

God bonus chart

It's all relatively meaningless until the endgame community tapers out into a numbers pissing contest out of pure boredom.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ardreul Galawen
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    Has it been verified that there is no stat growth difference between the races?

They are very close at start but ARR may not follow the same growth as 1.0 did.

Edit: 6 minute video to say: "It doesn't change. They are the same at max level as they are at level 1."

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Just roll female Mithra because you might as well stare at some kitty ass during all the hours you put on this game.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

absolutely disgusting

Anti-crusade crusader
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sendra View Post
    Just roll female Mithra because you might as well stare at some kitty ass during all the hours you put on this game.
    http://files.myopera.com/Chyren/files/cat-ass.jpeg

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    absolutely disgusting
    hey i remember when i would awkwardly emote at you in Whitegate all those years ago.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ardrial View Post

Edit: 6 minute video to say: "It doesn't change. They are the same at max level as they are at level 1."
    Thanks, that was absolutely perfect!

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Had a Dunesfolk in 1.0 and I main melee classes. Dunesfolk Lalafell is the weakest for melee classes but sticking with it anyway. The +1 STR from Plainsfolk doesn't seem worth the effort of trying to remake my appearance.
    Was too much fun shattering the lolTaru melee myths in XI around gimpy Elvaans anyway.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Just look at the animations; pick what race and sex has animations that suit you. You literally cannot go wrong with a race/class mixture.
    I swear I quite literally read that as "pick what race's sex animations suit you"

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Just look at the characters in the creation menu with AF gear on and see what looks best for the class/job you want to play.
    Elezen male look great with PLD gear, so I'm going for that... but WHM gear looks retarded on males, so you might want to roll a female hyur or something.

I'm very glad stats don't really make a difference this time around. XI was bad enough.

Nothing looks good in PLD AF.

Christmas sweater armor, oven mitt gauntlets, and shiny fishing waders.

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso View Post
    I'm very glad stats don't really make a difference this time around. XI was bad enough.
    amen

but galka BLM is retarded so there's some merit to XI's bad race stat system