2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Spoiler: show
    Low key, that's the entire point. For decades, the vast majority of movies have used black people as simple plot devices to further the development of more nuanced characters.
    Speaking of which. I am not only thoroughly convinced that you are not only not black, but that you are actually white. Every one of your chat parties I jump into on Monster Hunter sounds like a crew hanging out at the yacht club. KILL WHITEY!

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Lol @ white abandon
    I loved it, the artistic style of wakanda was fucking gorgeous. I actually thought warmonger was kinda cheese in some parts, but I will agree he was an excellent villain.

And the after credits was awesome

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Sorry, wrong thread.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by shepardG View Post
    Lol @ white abandon
    I loved it, the artistic style of wakanda was fucking gorgeous. I actually thought warmonger was kinda cheese in some parts, but I will agree he was an excellent villain.

And the after credits was awesome
    I'll bet he even knows who his dad is!

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Black Panther did everything Thor wanted to do. Except better.

Really appreciate the worldbuilding. Suri and Nakia stole the show.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Still haven't seen this yet. All the showing are sold out p much forever.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Question
    Did Martin's character die in the lab at the end? Me and the wife don't remember seeing him after the lab exploded.

Movie spoilers
    I loved the representation of the panthers in the tree in the spirit realm or w/e being the black panthers of the past, and then one of them turning into his dad. I was happily surprised Bucky and Cap weren't involved at all. Also, soundtrack was lit. I was also sad to see Klaw die. He was so great as a villian. "Do you want my mix tape? Someone get this guy my tape"

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Starby View Post
    Question
    Did Martin's character die in the lab at the end? Me and the wife don't remember seeing him after the lab exploded.
    No, he's still alive. You still see him in the post credits and at least one other scene

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Starby View Post
    Question

Movie spoilers
    I loved the representation of the panthers in the tree in the spirit realm or w/e being the black panthers of the past, and then one of them turning into his dad. I was happily surprised Bucky and Cap weren't involved at all. Also, soundtrack was lit. I was also sad to see Klaw die. He was so great as a villian. "Do you want my mix tape? Someone get this guy my tape"
    He's alive. Martin's character is at the UN when T'Challa announces Wakanda is opening up to the world during the first end credits scene.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Saw it Friday night but definitely didn’t consider it a 10/10. It was good but I fell into the hype and left a bit disappointed. Liked Thor Ragnarok more. Was a way more fun movie to watch. But even as a marvel super hero movie this isn’t 10/10. Maybe 8/10.

Oh also I hate when guys who are badass military trained individuals are always mentioned as having been in the navy seals. Played out.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Really solid movie and I think it was worth the hype. Can’t recommend seeing it enough.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I feel like they could have cut out the initial story with Klaw and skipped straight to Killmonger. The movie needed to develop Killmonger and T'Challa more.

What was T'Challa's position on Wakanda's isolationism at the start of the movie? He was for it? I think W'Kabi and him may have talked about this briefly. I'm also confused as to what W'Kabi was fighting for. It seems like he was fighting for "strong" leadership more than anything in particular but I have missed something.

Killmonger barely gets to be a villain. I feel like he may have been justified in coming to Wakanda and challenging T'Challa. The second round in their fight doesn't seem legitimate as there were other people involved as well as the black panther powers. What he was going to do with his power was his main villainous act but everyone around him seemed fine with following orders.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

A+ here. Only a few issues but nothing glaringly bad.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by macross View Post
    just 2 white guys.. prob be the lowest grossing marvel movie yet!
    http://money.cnn.com/2018/02/18/medi...ice/index.html

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Now that Disney owns the xmen, I wonder if they're gonna have Storm play a role in the sequel.

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

Great movie. Mostly empty theater, might have been 10 people. Plan on seeing it in theater again, first time I've done that for a Marvel movie in years.

Movie is in my top 5 of Marvel movies but I wasn't floored by it as some where. Thor Ragnarok to me was better due to art style and direction though the actual plot was boring, the ad lib humor and crazy retro 80's vibe to it made it one of the best Marvel movies out there.

This movie was great but was tied to your typical Marvel formula where you could guess every step of the story, which is fine, pretty much all of them follow that formula now. Hype train though made it seem like it was something groundbreaking. Good to see an actual movie with black actors that proves you can bank on them for movie profits. Killmonger story was pretty decent, parts of it were meh and others were #feels. Shuri was kickass and so was Okoye, fucking stole the show.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Saw it Saturday night. It was sold out for eariler showings so I had to go to the late night showing. I was surprised. A Marvel movie at the good theater nearest me hasn't sold out sinse the first Avengers!

I'm not going to say it was the best stand alone Marvel movie yet maybe one of the weaker ones. It was still was good though.

I really liked the beginning. It set up the history of Wakanda very well so if someone had never heard of the character before would understand completely. The flashback was well done to setup the later conflict. The scenes where we are introduced to the "real" Wakanda and all the kingship rituals, the challenge for the crown, the ritual of the heart-shaped herb were beautiful. The fight sequences at first suffered from that, "who is hitting who", thing and I couldn't follow it at all. Maybe because it was dark idk. It got much better though as the movie went on. I was pleasantly surprised by Forest Whitaker as Zuri. I didn't even know he was in the movie lol. It was ashame he died. I would have liked to see the character in future Marvel movies. I also really liked the actress that played Shuri!! She killed it! She stole every scene she was in. There was a lot of world building has people have said, maybe too much. I guess was necessary cause I have a feeling Wakanda is going to feature heavily in Infinity War. The story though unfolded at a slower pace I felt like. Felt a little too long. The finale was pretty epic though. Giant vibranium armored rhinos holy crap! I hated Erik Stevens/Killmonger for the whole movie but at the end I just couldn't. When T'Challa brought him back to the surface after he was defeated to let him see the sunset. That was a great moment. Even after all he had done T'Challa had sympathy for him and wanted to give him a chance. I heard a lot of sniffles in the theater.

Random thoughts:

-Best line of the movie: Zuri to T'Challa: "You are a good man. You have a good heart. It is very hard for a good man to be a King."

-Where was Cap? You would think the least he could do for his new friend, who btw is keeping you from going to jail, saved your best friend, is giving you free room and board.. to help out in the final battle? lol

-I really liked M'Baku of the mountain tribe. He needed more screen time.

-Bucky in the post-credits scene. I didn't expect that!

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

You got a few names wrong there.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

8/10, IMO. So much hype before watching that I set my expectations reaaaaaally high. It wasn't what I expected, but was still a very good movie. I found myself much more satisfied leaving the theater after Thor: Ragnarok than I did after watching Black Panther.

Everything was beautifully done, as others have said. The whole cast killed it, but IMO, Letitia Wright and Winston Duke are at the top of the list (I hope they get more screen time at IW, but how much screen time can one really get in a movie with like, 50-70 characters?). The movie served its purpose really well, setting up Infinity War and the awesomeness it will bring.

No Jidenna on soundtrack made me upset, but whatever.