Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm not surpised. Hell I'm still waiting on my spider web!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

It's kind of funny that they're using the goobbue-eating-a-mandragora thing as a statue; they showed a goobbue doing that in the original game trailer but that never actually happened in-game.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    It's kind of funny that they're using the goobbue-eating-a-mandragora thing as a statue; they showed a goobbue doing that in the original game trailer but that never actually happened in-game.
    This makes me imagine that it's an unused model containing both the Goobbue and the Mandragora, rather than two separate models, and that this is why it's never been used in-game. It was probably a conceptual piece that wasn't carried over.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Dont forget Fafnir flying in

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rentwokay Champignon
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Just noticed the length of this campaign, 29 days. 5600ish points (give or take 100, I lost count somewhere lol).
    September 10 to October 2 is 21 days.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah, complete derp, was looking at the exchange period. XD

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm confused/bad at maths. What's the max points available for campaign #3?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

made a little chart using the original so there wouldn't be any disputes like those other times (unless i don't know how to add) lol

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Thanks kindly for that chart.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

interesting. now how the fuck did my mules run around with 4600 when the campaign ended though?

I seriously hope they had the foresight to allow people to type a number when they choose seals, but they've done stupider things before.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    I seriously hope they had the foresight to allow people to type a number when they choose seals, but they've done stupider things before.
    Took me so damn long to get a stack of each of the Monstrosity Mog Garden items from the last one.

Really do hope the two new statues are dboxable to same account like the rest of the statue collection, so I can get my damn Moogle rod on main.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    interesting. now how the fuck did my mules run around with 4600 when the campaign ended though?
    2nd campaign was 23 days, this one is 22.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

yes no.2 was 23 days, as i missed 2 days and had 4400 in the end. As for the statues, cardian is already in the files and says it is sendable between the same account, so prob goobbue will be too

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kohan View Post
    This makes me imagine that it's an unused model containing both the Goobbue and the Mandragora, rather than two separate models, and that this is why it's never been used in-game. It was probably a conceptual piece that wasn't carried over.
    it was only recently added in the game.. so i'd imagine if it was unused it was unused since the beginning of time.. and was only in concept.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    Like the spectacles!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Took me so damn long to get a stack of each of the Monstrosity Mog Garden items from the last one.
    But you only needed like half like a little over a 12-16 items total to get what you needed for monstrosity

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    it was only recently added in the game.. so i'd imagine if it was unused it was unused since the beginning of time.. and was only in concept.
    That's roughly what I believe, although I don't believe it was only a concept (e.g., on paper), since it was in the aforementioned trailer. It likely existed in the game at some point, but was taken out in an early (possibly alpha) stage, since that sort of animation doesn't exist for the Goobbue model. It may have been made just for the trailer, or could have represented an earlier version of FFXI that was never seen externally. Investigating the model itself would tell us whether it's both a Goobbue and a Mandragora scaled down and stuck together or not, and if that's not the case, it could be the original trailer model re-introduced and re-purposed.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

sorry, thats what i meant to say..
    the goobbue eating mandragora was probably a special single NPC dat model by itself used specifically for the purpose of being shown in the trailer.
    it wouldn't have had any use in the actual game because the mandra and goobbue would have had to been separate at any other time

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm not sure how many people care, but the statues ARE sendable across characters on the same account. I just tested it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast