BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
    Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

im glad for the limbus items.. i knew that not upgrading 2 pieces from my SMN af set would eventually come back to haunt me. Instead of having to do limbus again, i suppose i could just get the items here. guess I'll just do Temenos these few weeks.

also getting Zeid for Trust of course.. and the rest probably SKCs.. they're cheaper now too

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rentwokay Champignon
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    So I just noticed theres no Temenos upgrade items, only Appolyon.
    Yeah... What's up with that?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Temenos will be from Log-in Campaign no.7! I only wish I was joking...

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hitou View Post
    Why are people so butt-hurt over these campaigns? What is the big deal that you need to create a fuss?

I enjoy tapping my sisters fine ass
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Why are people so butt-hurt over these campaigns? What is the big deal that you need to create a fuss?
    I think its because its content that is created to keep people logging in but not actually playing the game. I think it just shows that SE obviously whoring these out for the 12.95s
    Sadly its gonna happen.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Its not really content either. And frankly, if you're not playing, why bother subbing "just to log in and get shit", that you probably wont use?

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    why bother subbing "just to log in and get shit", that you probably wont use?
    I have no idea but it seems like this is what a lot of people are doing .

These login campaigns were a nice thing the first 2 times maybe, after that it was obvious they're just trying to drain as much money from the existing playerbase as possible. It's like watching a rock star you loved shooting up and drinking himself into a stupor.

also im lazy, they should just change it to a "subscribed campaign" so i dont even have to log in, not like anyone buys the pretense

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

These are items from old content or vanity items, the fuck you talking about? Who resubs just to get old items you can obtain really easily anyways? It's just extra help for people, hardly a cash grab. They aren't "draining" money from the existing player base considering they are subbed anyways.

BG Level

These are items from old content or vanity items, the fuck you talking about? Who resubs just to get old items you can obtain really easily anyways? It's just extra help for people, hardly a cash grab.
    Except when they add things like Sacred crests / D ring chances / skirmish upgrade chances/
    They aren't "draining" money from the existing player base considering they are subbed anyways.
    And these are clearly designed to keep people subbed inbetween content releases.

Oddly enough I think its kind of funny that a lot of people I know are not subbing in december because of the free period. Which I think in the end is going to do more harm then good.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Dring chances, you can just buy shanks from gil you farm whenever you come back. Skimirish upgrade chances? You mean the items to enter skirmish? They are incredibly easy to get. Sacred Crests are going to be able to be exchanged for in the next update, you really don't need log in points to get them. Previous log in campaigns didn't even have them anyways.

I know a few people that actually resubbed in anticipation of the DEC update.

I doubt you're seriously naive enough to think that they're doing this login campaign because they're just super nice people that want to give players a bonus. If they wanted to just give people shit they would just give it to them without the "log in every day for a month" stuff continuously. It's like those clothing stores that have sales around the year to trick valley girls and soccer moms into thinking they're getting a good deal. Not going to say it's ineffective (especially when I think it was Macy's lost a shitload of money when they tried to stop the year-round sale policy), it's just obvious money grubbing. Not even saying that's a good or bad thing since that's just their job anyway, but as for me I'd rather resub when they add content.

Meanwhile I don't think you can blame people for making snarky comments about it.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

it might just be crowd control.

they probably fear or know that Apollyon is the more crowded zone of the two and so use this to help reduce congestion/possible congestion.

same for the SKCs probably. they already know the supply of those would rise steeply once they allow seal conversion to it, and so theres no point making it more expensive. cos people can get around it. Also i'm guessing with 5 more battlefield areas to occupy people's attention each of the zones would be less crowded than they were expecting it to be. I think they were overcautious with that one.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    I doubt you're seriously naive enough to think that they're doing this login campaign because they're just super nice people that want to give players a bonus. If they wanted to just give people shit they would just give it to them without the "log in every day for a month" stuff continuously. It's like those clothing stores that have sales around the year to trick valley girls and soccer moms into thinking they're getting a good deal. Not going to say it's ineffective (especially when I think it was Macy's lost a shitload of money when they tried to stop the year-round sale policy), it's just obvious money grubbing. Not even saying that's a good or bad thing since that's just their job anyway, but as for me I'd rather resub when they add content.

Meanwhile I don't think you can blame people for making snarky comments about it.
    I see the login campaigns as multi purpose
    - Vanity items and pops for casual players who may be unfamiliar with content
    - A way for some folks to "catch up" without hitting a crippling grind / farming wall, and without permanently changing the existing content.
    - Convenience items for hardcore players who have or know how to get everything.

For me, it's been a time-saver.

My Aby armor is all set up for +2's now, and I haven't had to spend time running around getting coins/cards/fuckwhatever to do it. I expect I may need them later for when S-E puts in the Adoulin upgrades in any case. Likewise, they're getting people set up to 109/119 AF with the Limbus items, so people don't have to drag ass through the old content if they don't want to.

And there's various minor shinies for everyone in this. It's a positive.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yeah, I'm just completing Abyssea armor myself. It'll be nice to never have to go back there for me ever. Chocobo suit and hat were must haves though. It's the FFXI equivalent of wearing a horse head. I'll be playing pokemans and catching them all with these trust npcs though.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Same, I've just been upgrading Abyssea armor to +2 with the points. Would rather just have them waiting than have to go back into Aby when they release the 119 versions.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Poor Dray, one day you'll slay all of those windmills.

If the video that Spira posted was supposed to be largely representative of the update then I think your friends are in for a shitty surprise.

Eh. The update posts from the official forums is a bit broader on what's coming up. All in all, it looks like we get a lot of quality-of-life improvements AND some new content to chew on, especially the revamped Ark Angels/Divine Might stuff.

Maybe it's nostalgia glasses, but beating that and getting my Suppa earring was one of the high points of my FFXI experience. Seeing what they've updated it to should make for a fun fight...and I'm just sitting on plenty of seals to trade up for Sacred Crests right now in case I have to go 109 -> 119 for the AF119 upgrades. Even getting a R5 on the Bonanza isn't going to feel shitty, because worst case I'm just going to end up going "hello, +12% movespeed flee-boosting AF109 boots".

The biggie for me is this seems to be the update where they address two of the biggest drags in FFXI- not having help when you need it for some content, and leveling up far faster than skills develop. The Mog Bonanza prizes show us a preview of what skills we can boost with the quest reward stuff, and Trust means having an actual AI-driven "party of one", which actually feels more like offline FF games. Being able to roll with Team Windurst on stuff? I can only hope they let us get broad use out of it.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kidnoftle View Post
    Poor Dray, one day you'll slay all of those windmills.

If the video that Spira posted was supposed to be largely representative of the update then I think your friends are in for a shitty surprise.
    What?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast