BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
    Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

a lot of the revamped content ride on nostalgia to be honest.

Divine Might was the shit 10 years ago. It was once the hardest alliance BC out there and somehow has a special place in most player's hearts/minds. Just like how Kirin has a similar effect.. and Fafnir. Kirin was already rehashed in VW (Qilin) and nothing strokes Fafnir nostalgia more than a free Ridill. Just having a new reason to go back and fight DM is good enough for me. I hope they do the same for other old missions and alliance BCs (ie. Bahamut). Hard mode BCs is very much like the revamped events (Limbus/Dynamis/Nyzul/Salvage/etc) except that less is being revamped lol. I'm still holding out for them revamping WotG stuff. It may come eventually.

There are a bunch of other things they didn't mention in the video in any case.. but they're mostly adjustments.. new Adoulin quests, adjustments to Assault/Salvage/Meeble entry requirements, iLVL119 AF (which is kinda interwoven into high level battlefields), mog gardens for all instead of just SoA, and access from 3 cities, new BST pets.. and so on.

..on that note tho, very little from this Dec update actually comes from Adoulin proper.. but its not a big deal since we got 3 updates in 3 months. If we followed the old 3-4 month update schedule, i'd say the combined content from these 3 updates surpasses that already.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'd love a ridill or any of the old multi hit weapons that could actually not wiff all the time. Ie got the ilvl treatment with tons of skill and some base dmg

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    they probably fear or know that Apollyon is the more crowded zone of the two and so use this to help reduce congestion/possible congestion.
    If you think its a congestion issue, how do you explain Beastly Shank still being there, which has been a massive congestion issue since the first one

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

QFT^

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Probably because Apollyon is another event that gets zone-stacked, which is something they've explicitly stated is a major concern for them

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

So congestion on 4 appy zones is bad, but congestion on 3 temenos zones is ok, and people spending 30 minutes fighting behemoth with naked thieves using only TK AA+2 RP+2 when theres a lineup of 20 characters or so is ok.

I'm not following this.

Yes, I've occasionally had to sit outside BOTH limbus portals waiting for people to finish, but I've never waited more than 10 min. I've never had any lineup, in fact usually when I go the area is empty. If SE were so worried about congestion, how about an AF upgrade item trade in, because all these Fetid Lanolin cubes and Corduoy Cloths are wonderful, but I actually want White Rivets.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    What?
    Don Quixote reference I'd guess.

Anyway, I wasn't trying to be negative or "butt-hurt" about the log-in thing but they get kinda old after a while. I generally log in every day on all my chars so it's not like it's extra effort for me though. I think there will end up being 11 of these to tie in with the 11th anniversary since there's just enough time for that many by May '14.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    So congestion on 4 appy zones is bad, but congestion on 3 temenos zones is ok....
    They're each one single zone, the "instances" are just placed a short clip and a hop in another direction. Does it change much? Not really. Have they explicitly told us that they don't want things of this nature congested? Yes.

I'm not defending their logic(or lack thereof), but there's no mystery here.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Free stuff. Why are people bitching or trying to rationalize this? (Just in case anyone's confused by my question... it's rhetorical).

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

People will always find something to be unhappy and bitch about, even if it is free or requires so little effort it might as well be considered free.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

When have they shown concern for congestion of non-instanced zones like limbus? I've only seen them mention it about stuff like salvage/NI/delve, all of which seem to be actually instanced and run into the same server latency issues when overcrowded.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    They're each one single zone, the "instances" are just placed a short clip and a hop in another direction. Does it change much? Not really. Have they explicitly told us that they don't want things of this nature congested? Yes.

I'm not defending their logic(or lack thereof), but there's no mystery here.
    Appy SE SW NE NW = 4 zones
    Teme N E W = 3
    Centrals dont count since u only get one item chest, and the goal is AF items in this case

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Appy SE SW NE NW = 4 zones
    Teme N E W = 3
    Centrals dont count since u only get one item chest, and the goal is AF items in this case
    actually they arent different zones, otherwise you wouldnt have been able to ally up inside of them years ago when limbus was introduced, its just one giant big zone, since you needed back then to be in the same zone to ally up after you entered limbus.

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'm certain he meant "battlefields".

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

"Instances" seemed clear enough. A FIFY that makes it incorrect ftw?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

My point was there are 4 appy areas / zones / battlefields / quadrants / places where u can get loot compared to temenos' 3, and the appy ones can be cleared faster compared to temenos.

How was this not at all obvious from the get go...?

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

If you think its a congestion issue, how do you explain Beastly Shank still being there, which has been a massive congestion issue since the first one
    its probably a matter of "congestion because people refuse to team up and take a long time to kill something" vs "congestion because the game was not designed to accomodate more people at one go". there are parallels between the two here and there. I suppose its more important to note the cause-effect situation for the shanks. If it's not in the login campaign, there is no congestion in Behe Dom - problem solved.. but also because it is such a popular item, more people will want to get it and thus participate in the login campaign. Maybe their login data from the 4th campaign showed an adverse effect of taking the shank out?

The congestion in Limbus isn't going to be that bad i would think. With people being able to convert seals, it might just be more effective to power through SKC orbs for 10 Rems instead of doing Limbus. And AF+1 is something you could have gotten in the last 6 years. It's kinda like what happened when Relic+2 came out, except Dynamis was plain awful before they revamped it. The only ones i feel bad for is probably RUN/GEO because apparently their 119 version WILL require Limbus items no matter what.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Didn't they say they were going to make AF+1 items non-rare and stack and there was going to be some 3:1 trade thing? Was that for something else? I did I dream the whole thing? Now that I think about it I think it was AF3 base feet that was the 3:1 thing.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah, AF+1 mats are losing their rare status and becoming stackable, though no trade in was announced. 3:1 trade on the Empy feet. It's good to dream though. With all the changes they've been making, I wouldn't put it past them to add it in at some point. Though the +1 mats aren't really THAT much of a cockblock to require a trade in option.

Maybe once they're done rolling out changes that shoulda happened half a decade ago, we'll see much better planning and execution from them on new content being added. Not that I'm unhappy with the changes they've made, just more of a sense of "about time!" Wonder how good these monthly updates will be once they're done making little changes and such.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Yeah it's one giant zone with lots of iterations of the same battlefield. If you use clipper and go through the wall and clip up you'll see in the distance the other towers, dunno if you can engage the mobs though. I do remember once recently I was doing the Kindred Spirits battlefield and while running towards the Throne Room door I saw a weird abberation in the sky next to the moon that I never noticed before(might need a huge drawdistance to see it). I turned on Maintenance mode and ran towards the weird pixel:

see on the upper left side you see the brown square? I ran towards that and it was the inside of the throne room used in some battles as well as the Zilart cutscene where you see the Zilart Bros with the Magecite after they Ark Angels pwn you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast