BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    I don't know if this is common knowledge or not but... points not spent in a previous month carry over it seems.
    Yeah it was in the notes for last months changes

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    ^ Main reason for a lot of changes. I know SE does things weirdly a lot of times, but they actually had a reason for this months changes lol.
    I'd say the main reason is Ambuscade. Cumulative rewards give them an additional way to hand out effectively "free" items to nominally active high level players on a month to month basis. Could be they want to keep the focus there, to avoid just rewarding people who have an army of mules to log in. Or it could just be to maintain some value on things like king pops. Either way, overall benefit is probably greater for main characters now, assuming they do Ambuscade as intended.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    assuming they do Ambuscade as intended.
    Spam for the first week then ignore it for the rest of the month?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

It would be a lot easier to get behind the carryover points if the login campaign items weren't pretty much garbage now...

Campaign
    BG Level

I'm gonna have trouble spending my points on Mule this month... considering only 1500 carry over it means I'm gonna have to spend like 2000ish if not more this month or I'll waste them.
    There's hardly anything I can get that can be muled.
    Other than Skirmish Parts but my Mule is already fucking full with them from the previous WKR campaigns =/

Guess on my Main I can buy one or two facility rings, but still... sigh

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah getting rid of so many things (and so few left being sendable) killed it for me. Especially getting rid of skirmish stones. Oh yeah thanks for the parts I still have tons of from back when farming balyd was decent. And no one really seems to want to do it anymore and soloing is slow and frustrating. I guess the rings can't be sent now according to their list... but they are kind of garbage especially at that many points.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Spam for the first week then ignore it for the rest of the month?
    Lol, well, probably fits into their plans for it really. Get your stuff done and stop congesting it. My assumption is that they're making the ~2 capes or +1 armor set the general target for monthly participation. Doing that, you basically wind up with a "free" armor set (or two, if you count both NQ and HQ), full set of king pops, and then some. That's a lot more than the additional 2k login points would tend to have bought is all I mean, and there's little reason to think they couldn't/wouldn't drop different rewards in there down the line.

It could also simply be the fact that Ambuscade stuff resets every month, so there's something to motivate players to stay subscribed month to month. Or maybe just a personnel change with a further slimmed down team. In any case, it's far less a "SE so dumb" thing, and more a deliberate move to reduce the role of login points.

Campaign
    BG Level

Especially getting rid of skirmish stones.
    Yeah, call me stupid but I was buying those overpriced +2 stones pretty often. Dusk of course, since they are the most rare/expensive.
    I can confirm Ring can't be sent sadly.

They ARE garbage, but better than wasting 2000 points because you have literally nothing to spend 'em on. If they were sendable I'd totally get two on my mule to send to my main.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

just amazing that they claim they can't add a 'chime' feature, when chatmon has been doing that for years

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Yeah, call me stupid but I was buying those overpriced +2 stones pretty often. Dusk of course, since they are the most rare/expensive.
    I can confirm Ring can't be sent sadly.

They ARE garbage, but better than wasting 2000 points because you have literally nothing to spend 'em on. If they were sendable I'd totally get two on my mule to send to my main.
    Yeah I was doing that pretty much each month too. Took me a few months to get full perfect pet DT sets and was going to work on maybe some intermediary nuking gear until going balls deep in reisin augs but not at the prices they go now. They really need to release a zone that has good dusk droprate. Seriously snow has 2 good zones, leaf 3 and dusk only has the one and it drops less than leaf da fuq SE

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

It's like trying to get someone who already has everything a gift. If you're mostly fully geared and leveled, of course there isn't going to be a lot they can offer for free that will be worthwhile for you to buy. Login campaign is obviously geared towards newer players who need to catch up or players who came back from a hiatus and missed a bunch of stuff. Since I'm playing a brand new chara I made a couple months ago I'm actively spending every single login point they give me and I still want more It helps that I like the fluff stuff like MH furnishings and costumes.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

You guys do know you send send faciliity rings over dbox right?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    I mentioned it but still garbage

Campaign
    BG Level

Seriously snow has 2 good zones, leaf 3 and dusk only has the one and it drops less than leaf da fuq SE
    Hmm no.
    The pattern is Common Snow/Rare Leaf for 2 zones. Common Leaf/Rare Dusk for another. It would've been awesome to have a third zone with Common Dusk/Rare Snow to close the circle, but it's clearly too late now, it's not gonna happen.
    They could at least release an Arcane Glyphic campaign like they did for original Skirmish though.
    Content is old enough that a campaign like that would make sense now.

I keep saying the same about Sinister Reign but still no campaign yet. Hope SE is gonna make one about these 2 events sooner or later.

Campaign
    BG Level

I just mentioned you can't, unless they changed something? Trizek/Echad are sendable, but all other rings aren't? Or did they fix Capacity/Facility to be sendable as well?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Its always been sendable, check wikipage when it was first created, the CanSendPOL flag is there

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Hmm no.
    The pattern is Common Snow/Rare Leaf for 2 zones. Common Leaf/Rare Dusk for another. It
    eh more or less same thing I said

Campaign
    BG Level

Its always been sendable, check wikipage when it was first created, the CanSendPOL flag is there
    I must be thinking about another CP increasing ring then, I'll check later when I get back home.
    Still have it on my mule because back then it wasn't in the "cannot send to mules" page on FFXI forums, so I got one on my mule and was sorely disappointed when I found out I couldn't actually send it.
    We're talking about a lot of time ago though, so that's probably before Facility rings were implemented in-game.

Well... guess I found what to spend 2k Login points on for my mule then =/

A gigantic waste of space
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Maurauc Baelfyr
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I realise this isn't generally kept up to date, but there's some interesting things in the next campaign:
    300 points: Tiger's Eye (New mount, any idea what it is?)
    300 points: Crafting kits (yay)
    750 points: Dispel, Drain, Aspir, Mage's Ballad, Warp, Warp II
    1000 points: Sleepga II

SE are okay with selling quest rewards now, I guess?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Tiger eye is a goldsmithing mat used to make shotel and only comes from ENM and uninvited guests. I thought SE added a synth to make it but maybe they just talked about adding it and never did. Shotel is used in the BLU Oboro JSE weapon which made it somewhat harder to obtain than the others, so probably why it was added to this log in campaign.

The link about it being a mount is just an error. Either that or the "eye" part is the error and it's just tiger mount cycling back in. They're usually 500 points though.