1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 39 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 20 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 17 hours, 39 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 16 hours, 20 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I want some of that purple stuff.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

The only thing I can think of while reading this topic is how glad I am that I'll never have to write/update another windower script/spellcast ever again. Thank you based SE.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

We know almost nothing about end game. That's what I'm saying and that's what your basing all of your assumptions on.
    And... your assumption is.. that we don't equip gear until end game? (Unless you're specifically talking about only the additional skills system, then ignore me.)

Personally, if it means we get boring, vertical upgrade instead of XI's side-grade and a reliance on 3rd party tool to optimize it, I'm all for it.
    The only thing I can think of while reading this topic is how glad I am that I'll never have to write/update another windower script/spellcast ever again. Thank you based SE.
    This has nothing to do with lack of gear options, and everything to do with not being able to change gear mid fight. We can introduce a metric shit ton of different and interesting gear and not require spellcast.

Hell, I didn't even need spellcast with ffxi. Simple gear macros were good enough.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    This has nothing to do with lack of gear options, and everything to do with not being able to change gear mid fight. We can introduce a metric shit ton of different and interesting gear and not require spellcast.

Hell, I didn't even need spellcast with ffxi. Simple gear macros were good enough.
    Please don't go down this rabbit hole.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    If you quit in 2007.... maybe.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Because changing gears in mid fight is totally realistic dudes and dudettes.

Off topic, totally gonna play the shit outta Lightning Returns.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Please don't go down this rabbit hole.
    What did I do wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Uryuu View Post
    If you quit in 2007.... maybe.
    I probably should have used it, but I just never liked everything being automatic. I just had all my situational gearsets saved in notepad files and sometimes tweaked my gearsets mid-fight.

Do you really want to play another MMO with mechanics steeped in rocket science and superstition that take, in some cases, literally years to sort out?

Yoshida has tailored the world for new blood. He wants to introduce new players to a stress-free world with stress-free systems and stress-free itemization. If there is any complexity in ARR, I imagine it will come at the end when new players have settled in.

The best thing you can do now is leave feedback on the OF or "like" similar feedback. But if these aren't placeholder stats and itemization continues its bland trajectory, you may have to consider you aren't part of ARR's target audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Almalexia View Post
    Do you really want to play another MMO with mechanics steeped in rocket science and superstition that take, in some cases, literally years to sort out?

Yoshida has tailored the world for new blood. He wants to introduce new players to a stress-free world with stress-free systems and stress-free itemization. If there is any complexity in ARR, I imagine it will come at the end when new players have settled in.

The best thing you can do now is leave feedback on the OF or "like" similar feedback. But if these aren't placeholder stats and itemization continues its bland trajectory, you may have to consider you aren't part of ARR's target audience.
    I think a happy medium between FFXI's insanely complex gear/itemization system and FF14's extremely boring, bland gear/itemization can exist.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

That is what I'd like to see as well. There is no need for xi's tedious algebra homework because we don't need to have a separate gearset for every single different ability. I am not advocating for xi's gear system. I just want xiv's gear system to not be incredibly boring with no options.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Fair enough. We'll just have to wait and see in a couple of months.

Failed Sex Ed
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Uryuu View Post
    Yeah, fuck all that noise. Without spellcast you were basically playing the interface instead of the game. I will gladly give up situational gear to avoid spending hours tinkering with scripts. I will be just fine getting my jollies from execution of the gameplay.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Broz Bastrum
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    I think a happy medium between FFXI's insanely complex gear/itemization system and FF14's extremely boring, bland gear/itemization can exist.
    As has been already said multiple times in this thread alone, 14 isn't even out yet give it at least a year after Release before deciding if the itemization on gear is bad or not, and if your gonna compare it gear wise to 11 then at least do it on equal basis i.e 11 in the last legs of its beta instead of its 11 years worth of iterations.

Quote Originally Posted by brozy View Post
    As has been already said multiple times in this thread alone, 14 isn't even out yet give it at least a year after Release before deciding if the itemization on gear is bad or not, and if your gonna compare it gear wise to 11 then at least do it on equal basis i.e 11 in the last legs of its beta instead of its 11 years worth of iterations.
    No. The same was said for FF14 1.0 beta, and it released EXACTLY like the beta and was the worst game ever created.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Gear itemization and the cross-class system are two things worse than similar systems in FFXI.
    In your opinion, my dear. I personally don't think that the cross-class system could ever be worse than "screw it, we're not taking you because you aren't war/nin, rng/nin, rdm or brd", no matter how you want to hash it up, and that was the reality of XI for years, including its entire prominent phase of its lifespan.

I also don't see how you can say with any kind of confidence that 2.0's gear itemization is worse than XI's, while saying in the same breath that by mixing XI and 2.0 you can have a superior system. If you mixed XI with 2.0 by your initial statement, the result would still be sub-par to XI alone, because you'd have gotten some of that dirty, awful, filthy 2.0 all over your pristine, clean XI (nostalgia).

I didn't think there were so many XI purists outside of the XI thread, but damn. I stand corrected.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Drai Draken
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

isn't this system of Get Gear > do Dungeon > get better gear style of progression pretty much the same as WoW? I admit I have a lack of experience on WoW, but end game aren't all the players of the same class all pretty much wearing the same armors anyways? all from the current highest Raid or something?

It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

No. The same was said for FF14 1.0 beta, and it released EXACTLY like the beta and was the worst game ever created.
    Difference being, the 1.0 beta and 2.0 beta are on opposite ends of the spectrum. ARR while still having things it can add and improve upon is actually overall a good and fun game, 1.0 was neither of those things. Yoshi is also a completely different beast then Tanaka and so it's not fair or equal to compare the two.

I don't believe in "it's beta" as an excuse but I do believe in Yoshi being pretty damn on point, I believe he will change and fix things that are broken. I also believe he will stick to what he wants for the game even if certain people don't agree, and that is a good thing overall.

This game will depend on if there is craftable gear of the same item level as dungeon/raid gear and if there is a larger disparity in stats between dungeon/raid gear later on.

You can currently make a set of level 80 gear better than what's dropped, if that continues to higher gear levels then you'd see some people wearing the dungeon stuff and pro MLG folks wearing quint melds.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

My brain is fuzzy at the moment, church, but is there any main-line successful MMO that follows that reality that's still doing reasonably well?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Broz Bastrum
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Except this time, we are actively seeing improvements in the beta and also have a dev team that is actually listening to feedback and doing its utmost to fix any major complaints, and tbf the same wasn't said about V1.0 beta, sure it was said to wait til release to see if the terrible UI/Server lag would be fixed but i believe nearly everything else was said to the devs plenty of times over the course of alpha and beta but absolutely bugger all got changed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast