BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 133 of 136 FirstFirst ... 83 123 131 132 133 134 135 ... LastLast

Thread: Mog Gardens Information     submit to reddit submit to twitter

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Woo, got the Skormoth memento, all cheers on my main, just need Skormoth on mule.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helldemon Ffxi
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Are the Cockatrice and Ziz Monsters the same model? I had fed my baby cockatrice quu's for evolution pretty much as soon as it was capable of squirming. It evolved several days ago but now it is beaming and I still didn't get the Ziz memento and I thought I remembered it being 100% after interacting with the pet. Maybe it was just a high chance but I thought I'd check here to be sure.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

No ziz is ziz

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helldemon Ffxi
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Siren

So, my monster just decided he wasn't going to evolve into a ziz and turn into a normal cockatrice? Didn't know that was possible. Guess I gotta kill him and waste more time on this stupid shit. He gets to be the first mob I kill instead of just send home lol.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The squirm failed to evolve him, and he evolved the normal, non-food way when JP midnight happened.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helldemon Ffxi
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Ya, never knew that could happen. I only did rank 1 + some of rank 2 + urganite and never had one fail like that. Then I stopped doing mog garden for a long time cause it got boring and only came back to it about 3 weeks ago. To bad they couldn't make monstrosity give the mementos.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

There is several instances of this happening before in the thread, of course it's a big thread so I won't blame anyone for missing it.

Once monsters get to the evolution stage but you want it to go down a path different to it's natural evolution, change parenting style to Enjoy the Moment. Monsters are usually ready to evolve at 1.5 stars for babies, 2.5 stars for all other stages, dragon hatchling is so far the only exception to this, needing to reach 2.5 stars before it can be fed a honey wine down the Wyrm path of evolutions.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Similar-seeming question, but:
    https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Monster_R...Rearing_Rank_7

There's only one path for the sabotender. What is the point of evolution foods? Is it possible that my Sabotender would evolve into an adult Sabotender (but not Jumbotender?)

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Idk, but my sabotender was at 3/3 stars for like 2 months worth of sunflower seeds before evolving.

Campaign
    BG Level

The point of evolution food with single path monsters is to accellerate the process and get higher chances.
    Without evolution food the chance of your pet to evolve is small and it gets smaller the further away you are from 3 stars.
    With evolution food you can "force" an evolution "roll" at 2.5 stars (1.5 for the first).
    It kinda gives you higher chances to see your pet evolve within reasonable times.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Takes 256 furrow harvests to rank to 6. The Greenthumb Moogle will inform you how many times you used every node under the advice of garden section, under Tidbits.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Double evolution Campaign = 2 x 0% chance = 0...

Im currently workin on Jumbocactuar. I started them on both my characters at the same time. My mule (that lucky sumbich who gets everything) had his evolve within 3 sunflower seeds if not the first once it hit 2.5 stars. then it was glowing the next day so i got its memento (as well as lunar dragons same day woohoo) this was also just before the campaign started. Now my mains can suck my dick so hard lol. still no evolution. Bout to start my third stack of sunflower seeds. I was really hopin the campaign would help but it obviously isnt doin much. i have a feeling i am going to get the 2 months of seeds to evolve him like fandan said above lol.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Takes 256 furrow harvests to rank to 6. The Greenthumb Moogle will inform you how many times you used every node under the advice of garden section, under Tidbits.
    Rank 7 takes between 505-512 furrow harvests

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by fattucus View Post
    Rank 7 takes between 505-512 furrow harvests
    It feels like it will take months -_-
    Realistically, I'm doing about 4-5 per day x3 (I know I could do revival roots, but running back to the garden every 50 minutes is a little ridiculous, and I have to sleep / go to work), and I think I'm at about 260 now, which is only about 2 1/2 weeks. Days that I dont work I can probably get a good 21-24 harvests in too.

re: the golden scope insiginia: Does anyone have ALL monster mementos (I think I counted 74), as well as the golden shovel cordon?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Took me around 3.5 weeks from rank 6 to 7. I used revival tree roots. waiting in my mog gardens, watching shouts or waiting for ls event. it is nice for the quick harvest so whenever there was a bathroom break or drink break during events, i could return to the gardens and harvest and replant in a couple mins.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I've been using Arborscent Seeds with Grove Humus. Its 2 hr's base, and the Humus lowers it by 30 min.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    re: the golden scope insiginia: Does anyone have ALL monster mementos (I think I counted 74), as well as the golden shovel cordon?
    I have 74 mementos and Reja Ygridhi does not give me anything. NPC just says "Fine. It's from me, okay!? Just don't go spouting it from the rrooftops." I forgot what that refers to exactly, but it's all the dialogue I get.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Sorry if this was posted earlier, but it takes 80 interactions with the two fishing nets to reach rank 7.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

This is not very important, but I've been annoyed lately because my monster rearing monsters warp around and interrupt my trades. After thinking about it for a while, I bet that the problem is SE server load. For a normal zone with roaming monsters, SE has to calculate their new position every once in a while (maybe up to 300 monsters?). On the mog gardens beach, I suspect SE is calculating the position of every monster being reared by every player, because they all roam and I bet SE continues to calculate their positions even if no one is watching. You could see how they might be calculating the roaming position of 3000 monsters vs. their normal 300, and that could be what's causing the lag.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

yea i usually jsut lockon the monster and follow while trading. its kinda cool they wander a bit. it was boring when they stayed put but it is annoyin too. also why do they only wander in that small area leaving that whole rest of the beach useless