Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 136 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 ... LastLast

Thread: Mog Gardens Information     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Jesus christ im behind on shining stars!

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    Jesus christ im behind on shining stars!
    For the really silly, you can get them with login points.

Also, I've gotten those "Gem of the (insert direction here)" far too many times. Blargh.

On the other hand, got a Refresh scroll just as one of the newbies in the LS hit 41 RDM, so sometimes it's nice.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Im not really even sure what is good to use shining stars on, but I think im up to bout 150 or so maybe. Somehow my mule has like 8 more than me and I have bought the same amount of things with them. So Im not worried bout it too much, but man Nynja has like 4 times as much as I do! I guess I am just waiting for more items to buy, like Overalls and whatevers that we cant toss on a mog slip.

ive gotten tons of refresh erase and any AM scroll you can think of each. I have tons of Gems of the ___ from the early logins left (sitting on my mules) that I am just too lazy to do and i keep gettin them. I have taken to giving them away for free (which sometimes takes a while if you can believe it) I dont have much of anything to gain from sky except abjurations for tatters which i dont really need. But I will gladly take them over stupid mannequin parts i Have been gettin since 2 flotsam/mog garden campaigns ago. My inventory is pretty tight as it is so unless its something i can sell quick I really dont want to be bazaaring manni parts for 6 months before someone buys.

As a note, since they didn't work before:

Wandering bulbs from Fei'Yin (Opo-Opo Crown quest item) now DO work when planted. Got one in just a moment ago. 9 hours to grow whatever it'll be, and "It will sprout 2 more times".

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Joined BGWiki today to pass along some information on this nice thread you have going here. I tried to be sure and skim through all 55 pages so as to not double post the information.

Wild Sheep + Great Boyahda Moss x1 for 2 days = Ram.

I named my Ram as ThorBoPeep.

I am currently activating 16 mules of Mog Gardens for further testing, currently up to 7 and will have all 16 by 3 weeks from now. I will PM whoever is responsible for posting to BGWiki if someone can PM who to contact. If you have any guidance on this, please let me know.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

You can edit the articles yourself if you feel motivated. Stick to the template that's already in place (if there is one), and preview it before you post to catch any glaring formatting mistakes. If you need help with an initial template, then yea hopefully someone here more knowledgeable can start one for you.

Campaign
    BG Level

Not claiming anything since it's obviously just a coincidence, but I received THIRTEEN Ambrosia from the Floatsam on the same char
    Didn't happen with any other item to me.
    Next one probably being Summerstone/Winterstone, got quite a few of those as well.

What can I say? My floatsam is in love with sky abjurations it seems xD

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Cockatrice, eft, and raptor are the new monsters.

Cockatrice strongly resonates with quus and poking. I assume Noble Lady will also resonate strongly, and the two different fish will determine what it grows up into (normal or ziz)

Noble lady is almost certainly the Ziz food, since Quus are much more common. Heck, you can fish em up in the Mog Garden.

In order to evolve your sheep into a ram, do you need to feed it Great Boyahda Moss twice in a row? I think I might've goofed up and fed it two clumps a few days apart. I got the "X squirms uncontrollably" message each time, but it's been at least 24 hours since the second feeding and it's still a plain white sheep.

Magitek

I didn't see it anywhere in update notes (or I might have carelessly overlooked it), but Zenicca isn't in her usual spot anymore near West Adoulin AH. Anyone know if they moved her or is there another NPC that lets you buy KIs, I sorta remember there were other NPCs, moogles or something?

A gigantic waste of space
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Maurauc Baelfyr
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Magitek View Post
    I didn't see it anywhere in update notes (or I might have carelessly overlooked it), but Zenicca isn't in her usual spot anymore near West Adoulin AH. Anyone know if they moved her or is there another NPC that lets you buy KIs, I sorta remember there were other NPCs, moogles or something?
    She's been removed to fix the Skirt KI for 99999999 Bayld option, I would assume
    http://www.playonline.com/ff11eu/pol...ews23805.shtml

Magitek

Ahh I see, thanks.

Can someone please outline for me exactly how to turn my sheep into a ram? Great Boyahda Moss is hard enough to come by as it is, and I'm pretty sure I did something wrong earlier. Does it matter what parenting style it's in? I had it on personal growth, but the ffxiclopedia page says that they can mature upon being fed in enjoying the moment mode.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

So, in case anyone still cares about monster rearing, cockatrice likes quus, and evolves into Ziz from it. Raptor likes hare meat but doesn't evolve from it. I assume it probably likes any meat you can trade it but I haven't tried others yet. Hates nuts and other such things that I have tried so far.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Hitou View Post
    So, in case anyone still cares about monster rearing
    So hard to care about it. No reports of anything even remotely useful. About the biggest "use" I've found is to get them to maxed happiness/evolution then send them packing, get 20k and a few other random things. Wheeee. ._.

Some JP posts today though, might be Google's bastardization, but sounds like they'll be expanding the rearing system in December. Maybe it'll actually serve a legit use. As annoying as the other things are to bother with, at least (extremely) rare AF mats are a nice find. Few other decently useful things too. But rearing? You know a system's a flop when you're happy to get dung instead of some meat or nuts.

Pretty much the most useful objects I get from my ram are dung and orichalcum ores. At this point it's just another gathering node.

Also, as a side note, the moogle now sells fertilizer for the vein and grove that lock in the current category of materials from that spot (tree stuff/plant stuff for grove, goldsmithing/smithing for vein) for 14 gathers. For 5k each, it's a great way to guarantee getting valuable logs from the grove and darksteel ores from the vein, and getting it all in one button press instead of changing categories every 1/2 gathers (which completely defeats the purpose of the "gather all" option).

Been feeding raptor Cockatrice Meat and Yelling at it for a few days under personal growth and it evolved into the Red Adoulin Raptor model. Yelling at it now is "not worthless" but not strong resonance (as it was with the blue raptor)

Relic Shield
    BG Level

If i have the grey karukul sheep can i turn it to a ram or do i need to start over?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Noble lady evolved my baby cockatrice into a normal cockatrice today. It ignores poking now.