Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 136 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 107 ... LastLast

Thread: Mog Gardens Information     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Huh. I just completed the cheering quest, got Lamb, then proceeded to farm my fully-grown Ram and send it off to the farm, but it didn't give me any new Ram cheer. Is this a glitch? Did I do something wrong? Am I going to have to go through the trouble of farming up 2 more Ancient Boyahda Moss?

Campaign
    BG Level

Was about to say I was really mad about cheers, but if it's just skillup rate then it's all good I guess.

Never mind, I answered my own question by looking a little deeper into the patch notes. Apparently there's only a chance of obtaining the memento item from a monster that loves you enough. So take my example as a warning: Don't get rid of your monster until it provides its memento item!

Lucky for me there were two Ancient Boyahda Moss on the auction house that I snatched up while I had the chance, so I can get my ram back once I get the white rabbit CP+1% bonus.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Fireon View Post
    once I get the white rabbit CP+1% bonus.
    I'm saddened that the carrot on the stick can be so little, yet still enticing enough to make us do this.

Campaign
    BG Level

I'm not getting how you receive the KIs though. You only need to raise the specific monster to a certain rank? Need him to love you?
    My Tree is at least Rank1, maybe 2, he loves me over the top, yet no KI.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    I'm not getting how you receive the KIs though. You only need to raise the specific monster to a certain rank? Need him to love you?
    My Tree is at least Rank1, maybe 2, he loves me over the top, yet no KI.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...651#post534651

Magitek

Did you try collecting items from them? I've gotten a KI every time I've done it so far, but my pets have been the same for weeks (all bursting with joy)

Magitek

I tested collecting KI from a pet that wasn't "bursting with joy" and didn't get KI, but for some reason it gave me the KI right after when I fed it a distilled water:
    http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...psb3a3c928.png

checked "see how the creature's doing" again and nothing changed. I then slapped it for strong resonance and it changed to "duly satisfied with its lot in life" instead of "aura of discontent"

Campaign
    BG Level

My pet couldn't be more content, it's bursting with joy, yet when I interact with him I get nothing.
    Guess it's not 100%, with with only 3 possible interactions every day hope it won't take me too long.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Did you do the quest? Did you check which ones you have maybe you have it already

And for me and my mule we got the KI from harvesting items and both screenshots in this thread show the same so maybe ya gotta collect?

Magitek

I got KI's without finishing the quest as shown in the above SS(trading gold beastcoin to chachi). I was able to get the KI by either interacting, feeding or getting items from it, but all of my pets have been the same for weeks. Of course a new pet wont give the KI right away, maybe it has something to do with rank or maybe you forgot to get a KI from Zenicca? (sakura and the magic spoon or w/e)

also, the last SS I posted with the treant, the KI was obtained after I fed it a distilled water, if you notice the chatlog it says "That didn't go over too well with Yggdrasil" is between harvesting and interacting actions. Sorry, timestamp was busted so it doesn't really show . I also got the KI by petting my monster on a different mule, but no SS

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    My pet couldn't be more content, it's bursting with joy, yet when I interact with him I get nothing.
    Guess it's not 100%, with with only 3 possible interactions every day hope it won't take me too long.
    Here's a breakdown, you can skip over any steps you've already done: 1) Buy the KI "Sakura and the Silver Spoon" from a Skipper Moogle or possibly Zenicca to unlock rank 2. 2) Enter Mog Gardens to trigger a CS for the quest. 3) Trade Gold beastcoin to Chacharoon to finish the quest. 4) Feed/ Interact/ Collect items from your monster for a chance to get the KI. It's random but the rate seems pretty high.

Magitek

I think you just need to have the quest activated + enough love/fame or whatever you wanna call it from your pet in order for it to give the KI, but yeah that's pretty much what you need to do to finish the quest in order to change blessings. Chacharoon wont give you the option to change blessings until you actually finish the quest, but you can still get the KIs, unless that was a glitch. I'm not complaining though lol

Magitek

Someone on AH.com pointed out that you can buy different materials from your moogle depending on the pet you have unlocked, so we should keep an eye out for things we normally can't buy from NPCs

What interaction to baby rabbits like best? I tried petting which was not worthless and poking which was not effective. I don't want to risk making it hate me and losing time.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

According to the update notes it's not which pets you have unlocked but which mementos you have

Magitek

Ahh, but either way you'll have to get the mementos from each pet type. Still interesting to see what we can buy... I don't think you can buy Imperial Tea leaves from NPC before, could you? 4800 is awfully steep though... depending on your server price if the leaves are above 57-58k a stack, it might be nice I guess lol.

@Fireon I've never had a pet hate me, out of around 10 different ones? I mean, even if you get the "not worthless" message, it'll eventually evolve or interactions will change when your bond increases right? I think I just used "pet" on all my rabbits and they all turned into the bigger ones, but I never got a white rabbit yet because I've always fed mine either acorns, nuts, chestsnuts etc. I'll try feeding them cherries/corn/red mokos/blue peas or w/e people suggested to evolve them into white rabbits for the CP memento

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

No you couldn't and that's kinda awesome since it's needed for karakul leather which is necessary for dragon tank a good skillup recipe

Magitek

With the Green Foliage Treant, you can buy Tree cuttings for 3114gil, if anyone has evolved eft/cockatrice/raptor items feel free to share :D

Magitek

Holy fuck I just checked tea leave prices on Fenrir, they're 300k a stack lmao... fuck you gougers