+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 136 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 ... LastLast

Thread: Mog Gardens Information     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Magitek View Post
    Holy fuck I just checked tea leave prices on Fenrir, they're 300k a stack lmao... fuck you gougers
    Well only real source until now was really annoying harvesting... so even at 300k it might not be that great of money/hr

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ok not completely sure what I had before so i'll just list all the things I can buy now other than the seeds at the top I know I know I could

lugworm
    little worm
    distilled water
    moko grass
    florid leaf mold
    rockoil
    flax flower
    rotten meat

I have baby raptor and lamb cheers

Also side note I think it might not be possible to evolve into another type once you get max. I've been feeding it cock meat for the last few days which this thread says turns it into red and it's at max happy but not changing. So basically might not be possible to get 2 cheers off of same monster and have to kill it each time you want a new one

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hitou View Post
    Here's a breakdown, you can skip over any steps you've already done: 1) Buy the KI "Sakura and the Silver Spoon" from a Skipper Moogle or possibly Zenicca to unlock rank 2. 2) Enter Mog Gardens to trigger a CS for the quest. 3) Trade Gold beastcoin to Chacharoon to finish the quest. 4) Feed/ Interact/ Collect items from your monster for a chance to get the KI. It's random but the rate seems pretty high.
    I already had the KI of course, already got the cutscene, already traded the gold beastcoin. Sorry if I didn't say but I had done all of that already.
    I'm on the last step, dunno if my pet is rank1 or 2 though, how can you tell?

Magitek

I think everything below Rockoil are the new stuff, so Rotten Meat is purchaseable if you have the baby raptor KI?

The menu you get for switching cheers gives you a choice of which monster tier, apparently baby sheep and karakul fall into rank 1, and I assume regular sheep does as well while the ram is tier 2. If I had to guess, I would group red foliage treant, White rabbit, grey lizard, Ziz, and uhh idk which raptor to be t2 (red or blue lol).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Baby raptor was t2

Magitek

Oh okay, so maybe the newer breeds are t2 if the baby raptor is already t2.. I haven't raised anything other than sheep/lizard/treant/rabbit. I guess I can check the eft I just started but no KI yet .

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    I already had the KI of course, already got the cutscene, already traded the gold beastcoin. Sorry if I didn't say but I had done all of that already.
    I'm on the last step, dunno if my pet is rank1 or 2 though, how can you tell?
    Rank 1 is sheep, rabbit, sapling, lizzard, rank 2 is raptor, eft, cockatrice. Including all the stuff they turn into. The lists are just for organization sake when selecting a Cheer at any rate. If you got the sakura KI you are rank 2 and can therefore raise rank 2 monsters and unlock the cheer quest. Getting the cheers is random just keep at it every day.

Campaign
    BG Level

Yeah I'll just keep trying, only gave 4 attempts so far anyway.
    I'm only interested in the CP+1% Cheer anyway, and if I recall I need to raise and make happy a Rabbit, right?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Baby cockatrice adds Sabiki Rig for just under 4k a piece. Just to repost what was said earlier, feeding noble ladies apparently turns it into a regular cockatrice, while quus apparently turns it into a ziz. Also, they prefer poking.

Magitek

I hope they let us buy Akaso for less than 5k too, shit is annoying to collect D:

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I forgot to check for new items before. My main has the (adult) cockatrice memento, and can buy cockatrice meat. My mule has the lizard and baby lizard mementos, and can buy lizard skins and lizard eggs (no idea which is from which).

Since it was mentioned, it was noble lady that made it a normal cockatrice, and after it grew up it stopped caring about poking and liked being yelled at.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hi all. It was me that posted on AH.com about my discovery of the moogle selling different items dependant on the cheer acquired. Just to share my findings:
    Lamb = Flax flower
    Lizard = Lizard egg
    Karakul = Imperial Tea Leaves

Kinda kicking myself for sharing too soon, because now tea leaves went from 300k to 120k a stack since my AH.com post, but oh well, knowledge should be free.

Adult rabbit lets you buy hare meat.

I thought I'd share a couple of things about monster rearing I'd noticed. As you might remember, when a monster is beaming with happiness, you can get a free star if you interact with your monster in the right way. The only way this seems to work is if your monster has an interaction with the highest positive reaction level. If the monster doesn't react that way to any interaction, you'll never get a free star from it. So some monsters will never give you a star.

Also, with the exception of the lamb, which apparently has 3 possible evolutions, the other monsters have a regular growth and a subspecies growth. If you set chacharoon to focus on growth and don't feed a baby monster the subspecies trigger, it will eventually become the normal adult. In order to become the subspecies it needs to be fed a certain food on the day before it evolves. If you set chacharoon to focus on happiness, the monster will never grow except by food trigger, so you can't accidentally get the regular adult if you forget to feed the subspecies trigger. It's slower though. Of course, to avoid the monster turning on you, it's probably best to focus on happiness first, then switch to growth and then if you want a subspecies, just feed the trigger every day to be sure.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm not sure if that strategy will work unless you switch before it reaches max happy. I kept my raptor on 2 characters on happiness till it got a happy then switched to growth. After a week of feeding it normal it was still baby based on the memento though it was larger and then feeding it the evolution item for a few days and even getting the squirming message each time still no subspecies or adult

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    I'm not sure if that strategy will work unless you switch before it reaches max happy. I kept my raptor on 2 characters on happiness till it got a happy then switched to growth. After a week of feeding it normal it was still baby based on the memento though it was larger and then feeding it the evolution item for a few days and even getting the squirming message each time still no subspecies or adult
    Well, as I mentioned, you never have to switch at all. You can evolve an monster while chacharoon is set to focus on happiness. It's just extremely slow. And in that case, even for a normal growth, you'll need a specific food trigger.

I wonder why keeping it happy is even such a challenge for anyone. Just put it on personal growth, interact with it the right way to produce best results, and feed it food it likes. Even if you also gather from it at the same time, it should reach peak happiness within a week. The only thing I can see happening is if some people don't get a chance to play for even a few minutes for days at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireon View Post
    I wonder why keeping it happy is even such a challenge for anyone. Just put it on personal growth, interact with it the right way to produce best results, and feed it food it likes. Even if you also gather from it at the same time, it should reach peak happiness within a week. The only thing I can see happening is if some people don't get a chance to play for even a few minutes for days at a time.
    I did this with one of my rabbits, without gathering from it, and it still got mad enough to cost me a star. It's worth mentioning the baby rabbits don't have a best result interaction though.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by errantfish View Post
    Well, as I mentioned, you never have to switch at all. You can evolve an monster while chacharoon is set to focus on happiness. It's just extremely slow. And in that case, even for a normal growth, you'll need a specific food trigger.
    yeah I was just saying it being max happy before the evolution might hinder it's ability to evolve. Probably a they don't want us to get 2 mementos off of 1 monster thing

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Fireon View Post
    Not all monsters are created equal. I got my raptor and everyday I fed it something that it strongly resonated to and an action it strongly resonated to and didn't collect items. Despite this it actually got mad and wrecked my island twice and didn't get happy till I spent a good week in setting parenting style to enjoying itself. Meanwhile I've flat out ignored other monsters while on growth for weeks and they were still happy with me lol

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Went through this thread trying to figure out what makes a white rabbit. Seen a bunch of items mentioned in relation to the baby rabbit. Also checked the JP wiki to see what info they had. Both point to Red Moko Grass as the evolution item to a white rabbit. Here's a (probably incomplete) list of the items that might resonate (I'll try to go through this as I raise my rabbit to see what resonates with the baby rabbit to improve it's mood before I try evolving him)

Acorn
    Blue Peas
    Chestnut
    Deluxe Carrot
    Distilled Water - strongly resonated
    Faerie Apple
    Fiend Blood - strongly resonated
    Holy Water - strongly resonated
    La Theine Cabbage - not worthless
    Moon Carrot - strongly resonated
    Mulsum - strongly resonated
    Pine Nuts - strongly resonated