Dayman
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsuneo Okumura
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Odin

From what I read on the update notes, he works kind of like the bait and fertilizers do depending on what you command him to do.

Furrow Fiats
    "Harvest a lot of crops."
    Increases furrow bounties.

"Grow me something good."
    Increases the likelihood of harvesting rare and wonderful crops.

Coastal Commands
    "Catch something."
    Increases the amount of fish caught.

"Go after a whopper."
    Increases the likelihood of catching bigger fish.

"Aim for a minnow."
    Increases the likelihood of catching smaller fish.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

i was able to upgrade up to lvl 3:
    saltwater net, freshwater net, quarry and grove.
    i was able to upgrade only up to lvl 2: grove.

was that the same for you too?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Had arborscent seed planted and it was ready for harvest. Went and bought the keyitems to get my coastal net, furrow, and pond rank2. Harvested and got earth crystal/light crystal/little worm/wijinruit.

rank 2 coast net (no buffs):
    mackerel x3/contortopus x3/barnacle/adoulin kelp

rank 2 pond net (no buffs):
    elshimo newt x2/rusty bucket x2/copper frog/black eel/moat carp x2

Tried to use the plant new tree saplings, use coalition fertalizer on it, then use the Grow M Good to instantly harvest it but you can't use both buffs one overwrites the other and they tell you so before you waste it, so didn't use it.

During using mog gardens today it gave me the Grove and Mining titles, went back to Zenicca and she was able to sell me the keyitems for rank 2 grove and quarry. So looks like the rank keyitems being sold are tied to you getting the titles. And you acquire the titles simply by depleting the node for each particular thing over the course of several days.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I've done all the quests up to the fishing net, but have no options to upgrade anything. I have all coalitions at rank 4 or higher, so that can't be it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I had arborscent seed planted on 3 characters harvested them all on windday... got 1:ice crystal, deathball, wijnruit, bay leaves. 2: Earth crystal, bay leaves x2, king truffle. 3: Ice crystal, bay leaves, wijnruit, wallnut

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    I've done all the quests up to the fishing net, but have no options to upgrade anything. I have all coalitions at rank 4 or higher, so that can't be it.
    It's not a quest you just get a title.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I just harvested another crop from herb seeds (3rd harvest of that crop), and was able to rank up my furrow to lv 3 afterwards.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

its definitely based on how often you do the stuff. I started using the tree sapplings for gardening and can only rank up to level 3 on everything but gardening even though i have 2/3 of the NPCs

Stuff is nice, got a bunch of adaman ore and darksteel ore, divine logs, and more. Nice change from bone chips and crystals at least.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I think it's only the gardening. Everything me and my mules have done is the same except as it pertains to gardening. Off the top of my head the main difference is my main who got the most lvl 3 KIs has planted a greater variety and dont things like saplings. But he still only got 2 of them

I have got the fat burrow worm from arborescent seed + coalition humus and hired the meeble!
    Selecting "Make excavating easier." had him positioning near the rock and digging once in a while, also the rock changed like he destroyed the surface a bit.

Edit: a mineral vein #2 appear on the rock, also changing to "Make gathering easier." added a second grove too (rock is still damaged even after the change). I can gather from both even if i did already today, i guess it's like a one time reset when you "upgrade" stuff like that, 3 times on veins shared between the two, same with grove.

Dayman
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsuneo Okumura
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I have two veins and two groves as well; I'm pretty sure it's related to the KIs you buy to rank up rather than your assistant.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I should have gone to my garden after getting the lv 3 furrow, since there's now 2 of them, like the grove / mining. Double the harvesting goodness.

The number of veins and groves is seems to be related to the rank of the vein / grove, so that would make it seem like the assistant provides an extra rank if the assistant + rank 2 gives grove or vein #2.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ok just harvested some aborfruits fertilized with coaltion fertlizer on ice day. Got 1: eggplant, walnut, pineapple, dark crystal, fat burrow worm, chapuli wing, platnum leaf, and marjoram, 2: walnut, earth crystal, date, thunder crystal, fat burrow worm, twitherym wing, vegg seeds. 3:Felicifruit, Light crystal, Walnut, Winterflower, Fat burrow worm, Chapuli wing, Box of Tarutaru rice.

Also is it just me or does it sound like we might have to keep giving the helper the items that spawn them in a conitnual basis... because if so screw that that's alot of baldy

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Also is it just me or does it sound like we might have to keep giving the helper the items that spawn them in a conitnual basis... because if so screw that that's alot of baldy
    Quote Originally Posted by SE Patch Notes
    Contracting Assistants
    Pioneers must trade a specific item to the Green Thumb Moogle to contract each assistant, who will work for free for the first seven Earth days, but require a payment of 10,000 gil for each subsequent seven-day period.
    So either you can just pay 10k to extend the contract (like with the mog locker system), and you can just use 10k after that first time even if they disappear or 10k keeps the assistant around, but if they disappear you have to get the item again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuneo View Post
    I have two veins and two groves as well; I'm pretty sure it's related to the KIs you buy to rank up rather than your assistant.
    Oh my bad then, i didn't notice after buying the KIs, i have those at rank 3 before so no additional rank from assistant.
    Also about extending the contract i'm not sure if you can use again the item (they stack so maybe?) but the green thumb moogle give already an option to extend with gil.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Morari View Post
    So either you can just pay 10k to extend the contract (like with the mog locker system), and you can just use 10k after that first time even if they disappear or 10k keeps the assistant around, but if they disappear you have to get the item again.
    Ah that's not so bad. The message it gave made it sound like I had to keep getting it the ex item which would be lame

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Since no one else has mentioned it, getting rank 3 in gardening (buying the "My First Furrow" KI) gives you another furrow to garden. I also got a title change today, 'Agrarian Novice'. Also for those who are noting it, arborfruit seeds take 6 hours to harvest, can harvest twice.

No matter what rank your nets or your garden are, you can still get the item that allows you to get the respective NPC as long as long as you use the correct fertilizer. I got all 3 items on my mule and his rank on everything is rank 1. You're only allowed to get the second KI that ranks up a part of your garden if you buy the first one. Sadly my mule will be rank 1 for a while since it has 0 bayld and I'm too lazy to level it to 99.

The grove humus fertilizer cut down vegetable seed harvest time from 12 hours to 9 hours, but still can only be harvested twice, so at the moment, looks like it just cuts down time by 25%.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Here's all the titles in the dats that seem MG related:
    Mog Garden Seedling
    Kit Empathizer
    Jingly Dangler
    Mole Manipulator
    Agrarian Novice
    Agrarian Initiate
    Agrarian Professional
    Agrarian Virtuoso
    Agrarian Tutelar
    Weed Praetor
    Tree Praetor
    Thicket Praetor
    Forest Praetor
    Jungle Praetor
    Copper Mattock
    Silver Mattock
    Mythril Mattock
    Gold Mattock
    Adamanttock
    Puddle Patron
    Swamp Savant
    Pond Preceptor
    River Regent
    Monke-Onke Master
    Sardineophyte
    Calamareeler
    Octopotentate
    Giant Squimperator
    Leviathority
    Novice Nurseryman
    Lesser Landscaper
    Greater Gardener
    Honored Horticulturist
    Mog Gardener

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Do you need a certain rank or balyd to buy KI/upgrades?
    I have 0 of each; am I stuck at Rank1 forevers?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 136 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast