+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 136 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Mog Gardens Information     submit to reddit submit to twitter

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Mog Gardens Information

Post information and your experiences with Mog Gardens etc. To access your Mog Gardens just talk to one of the Rent-a-Room help NPC's outside west or east adoulin MH and choose to go to your Mog Gardens.

Official update notes for gardens here:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/35236

To do all the introductory tutorial quests you're gonna need a lot of inventory space (or just skip obtaining the items). You can buy and sell junk items directly to the Moogle as well.

Zoning in you get a CS that starts the quest Full Fields. Just check the Garden Furrow and choose to harvest its items, then speak to the moogle for a CS to finish the quest. Automatically begins the next quest: Green Groves. Check the Arboreal Grove and choose to prune the trees then speak to the Moogle for a cs and flagging the next quest: Mining Missive. Check the Mineral Vein and choose to mine it for its items and then return to the Mog. Next "quest" Pond Probing just check the Pond Dredger and choose to raise the net for its items, then speak to the mog. CS starts the quest Coastal Chaos: check the Coastal Fishing Next and choose to raise the net for its items. CS finishes the quest and rewards you with herb seeds. For the next quest Seed Sowing trade the herb seeds to the Garden Furrow and choose to plant them. Speak to the moogle to finish and flag the next quest Flotsam Finding. Go check the Flotsam target and choose to pick it up then check the moogle. Finally he rewards you with a garden worm, grove worm, vial of stone serum, sardine sphere, and a ponze of sardine chum.

Furrow specifies it will take 8 hours earth time for herb seeds to grow and that it can be harvested 3 times.

List of shit quests rewarded:
    initial furrow harvest from quest: bay leaves, light crystal, eastern ginger, walnut
    initial logging from grove quest: ash log, acorn
    initial mining from vein quest: wind crystal, pebble
    initial items from pond quest: rusty bucket x 2, elshimo newt, giant catfish, moat carp
    initial items from coastal net quest: quus x 2, senroh sardine x 2, rusty bucket, contortopus, mackerel, adoulinian kelp
    initial item from flotsam quest: water cluster

Green Thumb Moogle will sell you:
    vegetable/fruit/grain/herb/wildgrass seeds, and cactus stems

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Freshwater and saltwater net, logging and mining nodes refull themselves at JP midnight, while crop node refulls after 8 real time hours (as Gwyn said).

Planted a thing of Tree Cuttings in the furrow. Time to harvest: 40 hours.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

depending on what we plant then (i planted the herb seeds Moogle gave to me)

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

This line got my attention. Anyone have insight?

"Oh yes, Exceptional Erudition is the elementary step in enhancing the ranks of your resources. Where do you obtain this innovative insight, you inquire? Tomes tucked tightly into the shelves of the Pioneer's Coalition, kupo."

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Funkworkz View Post
    This line got my attention. Anyone have insight?

"Oh yes, Exceptional Erudition is the elementary step in enhancing the ranks of your resources. Where do you obtain this innovative insight, you inquire? Tomes tucked tightly into the shelves of the Pioneer's Coalition, kupo."
    Quote Originally Posted by NOC_EU
    Ranks for the Geographical Features
    Each aspect of every Mog Garden has its own rank*, and their appearances change along with the number of times pioneers can gather materials from that location.

Pioneers can increase the ranks of these features by speaking to Zenicca** in Western Adoulin (E-9) and purchasing the applicable key items***.

*No part of a Mog Garden can rise higher than rank three.
    **Zenicca will only appear if the Pioneers' Coalition is rank four or higher.
    ***The applicable key items will not be displayed until after fulfilling certain conditions.
    Wonder how much bayld we'll have to sink in to get rank 3 on the nodes. The KI's you can buy are listed on BGwiki. Interestingly enough, there's 10ish KI's per part of the Mog Gardens, I counted 6 +1s for Furrow's before BGwiki went down, at a glance 30+ish KIs. Maybe they were just added so that in the future all they have to do is unlock them to enable them. All part of splitting an update I guess.

Edit: Wiki back up, 30 KIs specifically for improving seperate pieces of the Gardens by +1 each. Looks like each type has 6 upgrades for grove, furrows, mineral vein, coastal net, and pond dredger. List is here.

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Don't really need to explain this, do I?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

SE must be trolling us here with that one >.> emergency maintenance incoming again....

That's cool and all, but given the direction the game is going in am I the only one that thinks it's a bit late in the game to care if the best thing coming out of it is Sky or even Sea pops unless it just rains them like crazy?

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Pretty much the exact words I used to him. But still....neat

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I got an eraser washed up on my shore. I like mog gardens a lot, mainly the ability to sell the junk right away.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Water Cluster washed up for me

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mist Monster
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Water cluster for me and mule

I love the fact that you can NPC items here... the prices looked about right but not sure. How many time have I filled every spot on VMNs and had to make multiple trip to the NPC

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Damn how often does crap wash up >.> time to get my mules they new homes....

Paging Dr. Nat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Natallon Docere
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by kenshyn View Post
    Damn how often does crap wash up >.> time to get my mules they new homes....
    Think it's once a day?
    Possibly reseting at JP midnight.

Dayman
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsuneo Okumura
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Objects occasionally drift onto Mog Garden shores from across the ocean, and can usually be picked up once per Earth day
    Yeah, it's once a day.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Re-editing to actually make this post useful.

Got a saffron from my garden earlier using herb seeds and the fertilizer worm you get from the Moogle. Seems the fertilizer wears off after the first harvest. Cactus stems also take 40 hours to harvest.

Did anyone else get a Dresser from their garden? I went to check my coastal fishing net and got the Dresser first.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

i got an Ambrosia from Flotsam ><

anyone found any use for that baby crab?

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Can you set your home point here?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Elavon View Post
    anyone found any use for that baby crab?
    Ummm he's a fucking tiny crab that follows you when you click him. He doesn't need to do anything besides be the best thing in the entire update