FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Just got a rem chapter off coastal net (not flotsam):

http://puu.sh/u5Rm9/6f6dcd392b.jpg

guess the campaign did do something to it.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rehn View Post
    Just got a rem chapter off coastal net (not flotsam):

http://puu.sh/u5Rm9/6f6dcd392b.jpg

guess the campaign did do something to it.
    That happens occasionally outside of the campaign too, I just think you can only get it at rank 7.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

During the MG campaign, you can get stuff like dynamis currency (1's & 100's) from flotsam. Don't think I've ever gotten anything "special" from the net during a campaign that was not due to me using certain baits.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I got a Coral that drops from the Merit BCs in my net, but i figured it was water related

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeldog View Post
    That happens occasionally outside of the campaign too, I just think you can only get it at rank 7.
    Aaaaaaah, so much for new finding.

How long does it take to go from rank 6 > 7 furrow? Either time-wise or item-collecting-wise

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

How long does it take to go from rank 6 > 7 furrow? Either time-wise or item-collecting-wise
    its based on how many plants you harvest, not the amount you harvest or time it takes. fastest method is to get a bunch of revival tree roots.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Aaaaaaah, so much for new finding.

IIRC, as painful as it is for me to inform you, you need to harvest 512 times (by the moogle's accounting.)
    You can check your progress with Green Thumb Moogle by: Learn about the garden > Tidbits of information.

Revival Tree Roots are the go-to for leveling up since they have the shortest grow time (1hr) out of all possibilities.
    Edit: Another good choice for fast harvesting from furrows would be Arborescent Seed. 2hr grow time, but available from the gobbie npc in Leafalia for like 250g. Revival Roots can get rather pricey, and if you are not actually going to be hitting your garden every hour on the hour to harvest roots, then seeds are better IMO.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

So I just finished titillating tomes an hour ago, but I can't trigger any 20k kinetic reward from reja. I have everything finished on the list required to get golden shovel... but I'm getting nothing.

bronze/silver mattock/cordon is done
    all adoulin quests are done (including both ivory wings)
    all mog garden quests are done (including mount ones)
    killed all the naakuals over a dozen times just for ki trade-in rewards

What else could I possibly be missing? I checked the last quest list to be sure and all those quests are cleared now, so I'm lost on what to do next. Is there a JP midnight wait requirement or something?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

All assignments except the couple of couriers that go away?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I have bronze/silver mattock/shovel so I know 100% I did all assignments.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I was missing a few odd quests and one assignment. I also had to talk to someone in Eastern Adoulin to finish a quest that wasn't showing as active but it required one more interaction. Talk to everyone and that might be it.

I never knew about the tidbits section

"1072 creatures have passed on"

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Switchorz View Post
    I was missing a few odd quests and one assignment. I also had to talk to someone in Eastern Adoulin to finish a quest that wasn't showing as active but it required one more interaction. Talk to everyone and that might be it.

I never knew about the tidbits section

"1072 creatures have passed on"
    Ugh, do you happen to remember which quest it was that didn't show up? I guess I should check again...

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Sorry for the necro but I wasn't sure where else to put this.

I'm trying to get to the Adoulin ROE questline and need to get Monster Rearing up to snuff. What is the best/easiest way to do this? I haven't done anything with it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

iirc you only need like rank 3 or whatever? But monster rearing is really easy but boring. Everyday you go in and feed the foods that make it happy and take the happy action until it's higher happy rank then use evolution food (at lower ranks that is also a happy food a lot) when you see it evolved as much as it can put it down for a new one. Eventually you rank up

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    iirc you only need like rank 3 or whatever? But monster rearing is really easy but boring. Everyday you go in and feed the foods that make it happy and take the happy action until it's higher happy rank then use evolution food (at lower ranks that is also a happy food a lot) when you see it evolved as much as it can put it down for a new one. Eventually you rank up
    Is it worth it to go down a longer evolution path? Or should I be aiming for a quick turn around?

Also does getting items from it make it less likely to evolve? Should I not do that, or does it help with ranking up?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    Is it worth it to go down a longer evolution path? Or should I be aiming for a quick turn around?

Also does getting items from it make it less likely to evolve? Should I not do that, or does it help with ranking up?
    Collecting items should not hurt ranking up, but it does hurt the happiness level. It's been pretty rare for me to find anything worth collecting, so I'd say don't do it. Given how the rest of the garden works (specific number of certain actions,) I also doubt that there is any impact on rank-ups from species/evolution path choice. It takes a while no matter what, so just feed n' pet til you're done and keep them on "Personal Growth".

BTW, IIRC "Putting Down" a critter just gives you junk that you could collect from it, releasing it gives you a bit of gil and garden fertilizers.

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    I thought you actually had to have EVERY SINGLE QUEST done for The Ygnas Directive.. Including full Rank7 in the garden. LSmate didn't unlock the quest until she had garden mounts and everything. ><

---------------
    As an aside to all that tho, has anyone actually done any testing on rearing since Tidbits was added? Would be nice to know exactly what helps with rank-ups and when you should be getting KIs. Considering trying to test myself, but not looking forward to all the required wasted time, and not sure I have enough mules left with fresh gardens. Any ideas what I would need to test for other than: Feeding vs Interacting?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Id imagine just like everything else in the garden it would be number of interactions with the monsters not how many you evolved.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    I thought you actually had to have EVERY SINGLE QUEST done for The Ygnas Directive.. Including full Rank7 in the garden. LSmate didn't unlock the quest until she had garden mounts and everything. ><
    Crap for some reason I was thinking something else that required quest progress and can't even remember what that is now.... It's not every single quest but the only exceptions are I believe a couple that don't appear in quest log, maybe the couple of repeatable and obviously the various gear quests for run/geo and the coalition assignments that aren't always available

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    As an aside to all that tho, has anyone actually done any testing on rearing since Tidbits was added? Would be nice to know exactly what helps with rank-ups and when you should be getting KIs. Considering trying to test myself, but not looking forward to all the required wasted time, and not sure I have enough mules left with fresh gardens. Any ideas what I would need to test for other than: Feeding vs Interacting?
    I haven't but back when I was doing it outside of the ones I got immediately upon update they all seemed to coincide when I made actual progress with the pet (so different mules would get them different days despite doing the exact same things each day)... but that was a long time ago and wasn't really trying to keep track so hard to say really and SE might have ninjad it. What all does tidbits tell you about the pet?

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post

disregard I thought of something else. You need full.

I'd go down all paths more evolves the better.

There was some notes awhile ago from SE and it made it seem like any actions could help you get a KI but rank up was based on eating.... however outside of campaigns collecting can lower your pets happiness and lower happiness can effect chances to evolve or get KI

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Green Thumb Moogle
    You have cared for creatures 335 times.
    You have successfully reared 8 creatures.
    You have freed 7 creatures.
    1 creature has passed on.
    "reared" does not include critters currently running around. "cared" is interactions only. Feeding does not appear to be tracked. I'm of the belief that only interactions matter as far as rank-ups are concerned, (evolution might also be tracked, but due to the random nature, I personally doubt it,) and that nothing else affects it. Feeding/collecting likely only affect mood, which may only be there to discourage garden neglect. lol I was just wondering if anyone has bothered testing since Tidbits was added, since it's entirely possible that the devs are dicks and it's actually something not visibly tracked, just because they want to be dicks. ^^;;

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Unless it's changed since they introduced it it's definitely not interactions only as from the get go I had multiple characters going in every day doing a feed and interaction and they got ranks at different times. Food also effects growth and evolution