Thread: Mog Gardens Information     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

got a hi-ether from flotsam

Atticusu

Judging by what people have gotten so far, I wouldn't be surprised if the flotsam shares the same loot pool as the daily tally goblin with some extra items thrown in

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Until you can get Scarletite Ores and Ormalu Ores from the Vein and Staghorn Corals from the fishnets, I don't see this being very popular because who wants to get random popotos and ice crystals clogging up their inventory every day?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Thought I'd share a strange occurrence that I haven't heard of happening before. I ran 4 characters through the newb mog gardens quest. On one of them when I got to the salt water net portion and clicked on it instead of opening the interaction window my chat log just said "Obtained: Dresser" (& I did indeed obtain a Dresser). I clicked on the net again and was able to reel in the fish.

I know for a fact that it was not accidentally clicking the Flotsam (because the salt water net quest is before the flotsam quest so the flotsam didn't exist yet - plus I got flotsam later when that quest came up).

I would endeavor to post any 'relevant' information if I had the slightest clue what information might be relevant. Rank 5, 0/0 storage, basically unexpanded mog safe & gobbie bag, level 93 (ghetto whm mule box I'm working up). The only thing I did differently during the quest procedure is I had to keep talking to the moogle to sell the junk items because I didn't have enough inv space to hold everything.

EDIT: not 10 posts so can't link to the screen shot but in case anyone is curious url is: images.bluegartr.com/bucket/gallery/bf3f681f17a44dc11a30fb87df36f4f1.png

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    This reminds me of back in the day when people used to fish for royal beds lol

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Put it in your MH? Might be like one of the oldschool furniture quests. I think there was some that you had to get certain ways in order to flag a quest.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Toshi Prower
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

My Floatsam today was going to be an Autmnstone but I had one in my satchel. There's no way to dbox stuff while in the gardens so I had to zone out and trade to my mule. Re-entered and my floatsam turned into a scroll of Erase. My mule's was a Chunk of Rock salt today! amazing hauls so far.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The mining item and the tree fertilizer wore off for me after 7 attempts to get stuff.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

When I entered today I got a message saying a single glowing star appeared on my GPS crystal, at this time my Flotsam appeared. I wonder if these 'stars' are like "Daily Points"? or that event a few years ago where you were entitled to a treasure but the longer you go without retrieving it, the higher the quality was? Maybe each day the GPS charges 1 star corresponding to either a level 1 quality item or a single item in general. So maybe if you don't pick up the flotsom for a few days and you get multiple stars it either gives you several items at once or a higher quality item?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    When I entered today I got a message saying a single glowing star appeared on my GPS crystal, at this time my Flotsam appeared. I wonder if these 'stars' are like "Daily Points"? or that event a few years ago where you were entitled to a treasure but the longer you go without retrieving it, the higher the quality was? Maybe each day the GPS charges 1 star corresponding to either a level 1 quality item or a single item in general. So maybe if you don't pick up the flotsom for a few days and you get multiple stars it either gives you several items at once or a higher quality item?
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...861#post453861
    "Light of a star" exchange
    We will be introducing a service where you can exchange the "light of a star" you accumulate once a day with GPS crystals. We will let you know more details near the version update.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Not sure the stars correspond to the flotsam. Day 2 flotsam on my main was miratette's memoirs (with orichalcum ore on my alt) and day 3 flotsam on my alt was a jug of honey wine (with a hi-ether on my main). I've been grabbing the flotsam daily.

Edit: Day 4 amrita on main and erase on alt. Both on lightsday if that matters >.>;

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Toshiko View Post
    My Floatsam today was going to be an Autmnstone but I had one in my satchel. There's no way to dbox stuff while in the gardens so I had to zone out and trade to my mule. Re-entered and my floatsam turned into a scroll of Erase. My mule's was a Chunk of Rock salt today! amazing hauls so far.
    The moogle actually warns you of things disappearing/changing if you leave before you collect any items left. I'm guessing since this is an instance that's just like the MH, they can't easily keep data persistent from one visit to the next

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Looks like this emergency update fixed the cherrypicking on flotsam

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Day 3, nothing out of the ordinary, lots of junk, but after doing all my "chores" I noticed I had a new title "Weed Praetor"

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Funkworkz View Post
    Looks like this emergency update fixed the cherrypicking on flotsam
    yup seems they fixed that real fast LOL

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by dejet View Post
    yup seems they fixed that real fast LOL
    Can't let people be getting a 1/2 god pop a day by zoning bunches of times!

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Can't let people be getting a 1/2 god pop a day by zoning bunches of times!
    well if it stayed around I was going to do it with like 15 accounts and get myself a D-ring in a week lol thats the broken part really.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by sabotender View Post
    Thought I'd share a strange occurrence that I haven't heard of happening before. I ran 4 characters through the newb mog gardens quest. On one of them when I got to the salt water net portion and clicked on it instead of opening the interaction window my chat log just said "Obtained: Dresser" (& I did indeed obtain a Dresser). I clicked on the net again and was able to reel in the fish.

I know for a fact that it was not accidentally clicking the Flotsam (because the salt water net quest is before the flotsam quest so the flotsam didn't exist yet - plus I got flotsam later when that quest came up).

I would endeavor to post any 'relevant' information if I had the slightest clue what information might be relevant. Rank 5, 0/0 storage, basically unexpanded mog safe & gobbie bag, level 93 (ghetto whm mule box I'm working up). The only thing I did differently during the quest procedure is I had to keep talking to the moogle to sell the junk items because I didn't have enough inv space to hold everything.

EDIT: not 10 posts so can't link to the screen shot but in case anyone is curious url is: images.bluegartr.com/bucket/gallery/bf3f681f17a44dc11a30fb87df36f4f1.png
    Same thing happened to me.

Atticusu

Didn't screenshot it, but just before logging to my mule, my fishing stall and the statues on it showed up in my garden, was kinda funny because it was floating off the ground

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast