Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Dude, they're releasing Solider AND Defneder! How can we doubt this information? I want to Solid and DEFNED things

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Dude, they're releasing Solider AND Defneder! How can we doubt this information? I want to Solid and DEFNED things
    I caught the DEFNED typo but didn't catch the SOLID typo. Good catch Karb! LOL

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Where do I sign up the 10 mil per content ID!?!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orinthia Warsong
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm surprised no one pulled out the "Well my dad works at nintendo" schtick. Though, was worth it for the solid defneder.

S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So not so much as random fail but more of a total fail. Guy on Sylph was working on his mythic for his PLD. He finally gets all the Alex traded in and goes to get his Burtgang and ends up with....

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...f/Murgleis.png

Yeah he fucking quit the game after this happened. Was told he called a GM about this and they said "Nope, Sorry."

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

LOL that's actually fucking hilarious

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

What the fuck? Hang on, I'm not buying it. The sword clearly says "Lv.75 RDM" on it, the guy cannot be THAT fucking stupid.

I pullout to go pee.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Winterhoof

Quote Originally Posted by Yeager View Post
    What the fuck? Hang on, I'm not buying it. The sword clearly says "Lv.75 RDM" on it, the guy cannot be THAT fucking stupid.
    Yeah because people haven't done shit just as dumb, but really though...he's pretty fucking dumb if this is true.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So he traded the wrong swd in initially without thinking... there are people who are asking SE to make it so you can get back thrown away items because they have "accidentally" thrown away things like relics and ebisu despite it requiring like 7 different button presses and couple of confirmations. Just remember people are stupid. I work with someone who everyday he does something that makes me question how he even gets dressed in the morning

S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It's not so much as stupid as it was forgetful. From what I was told he traded the RDM sword years ago without really remembering that he did it. So in all things, he was working on the mythic and from what I understand, at no point it makes mention of the weapon you're doing. I guess SE figured you knew what you were working on since you traded the weapon anyways. Suffice to say it really did happen to him and I'm sure he said fuck this game when he got that sword.

I felt really bad for him after blowing all that alex.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Someone has been trolled

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

There's no easy way to check which weapon you've traded in. Mythics take years . . .

poor guy.

Campaign
    BG Level

But wouldn't the fight with Bahlran require him to go as RDM?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Yeah, he would have gotten the statless Murgleis and had to fight Balrahn on RDM. The linked photo of Murgleis is from wikia, so it wasn't taken by the accidental Murgleis maker.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Used to be you could check what weapon you had by logging on to the test server and taking the weapon back, but I'm not sure if it's active right now. I've posted on the official forum about the issue and it's pretty shitty if that story is real.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

and yeah, I'd like proof on this if you actually have it.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

THat's the kind of thing I'd double, triple, and quadruple check before going through with it

Season of the Siccness
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sicc Ward
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

This is by no means the proof that's been requested but I can second that I do know the individual this happened to and I haven't seen him around lately. SNK said the story the same as I heard it.

Again, not proof but a co-sign with some confidence that the tale he tells is true.

I feel bad for dude, these new RDM spells had better be... No.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Yeah the mythic quest is really oudated and has stupid stuff. I remember when you finish the quest and you try to take the weapon off, it says stuff about erasing all your progress. After you complete the weapon, its like wait what?

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Yeah the mythic quest is really oudated and has stupid stuff. I remember when you finish the quest and you try to take the weapon off, it says stuff about erasing all your progress. After you complete the weapon, its like wait what?
    Same thing happened to me. I nearly shit myself thinking I had fucked it up.

Seriously, we have a currencies menu now but it doesn't even show how much alex you have stored.