Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level

Woke up early today and joined a Tojil Pug. MNK looks geared ok.... looks... after a rocky long run that was barely salvaged by my MACC backup stunset I investigate. MNK has fully upgraded Qaaxo - but all EVA ATK DBL+2. His total ACC is 750. I wheep in sorrows for all the poor Airlixirs.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Just had this happen to me and a couple of my LS mates. Persons in question are Bambaam and Gballz on Shiva server.

http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/w...psc906d96f.png

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Maybe by curing "machine" he meant a bot that just loops cures lol

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Maybe by curing "machine" he meant a bot that just loops cures lol
    Sadly, no. As much as I'd like to think that was the case, in this instance, it isn't. And his gear was also worthy of posting in the Gimp/Confused/WTF thread. What makes it worse is the fact we had no choice but to run with it because finding ANYONE during GMT primetime is a miracle at this point. Between 500-600 on Shiva during that time, and about 60% of those are NA players afk while at work.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

The fail should be you guys letting mata get over 4 tp moves done and not have raptor and eft dead before then.

I pullout to go pee.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Winterhoof

Quote Originally Posted by Xenhas View Post
    The fail should be you guys letting mata get over 4 tp moves done and not have raptor and eft dead before then.
    ^ This. Even when me and Xenhas trio (me on MNK him using BRD and WHM) I generally have the raptor dead and the eft around 50% when mata uses its 4th TP move.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

hes trolling, they have both dead before 3rd lol

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Xenhas View Post
    Just so you know, we killed the Eft first as it was in the first large room with the Matamata. The Raptor was further into the tunnels. The problem was Gballz not counting the Matamata's TP moves. That's why I finally asked in party chat how many TP moves Matamata had done.

But thank you for your assumption.

I pullout to go pee.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Winterhoof

I fail to see how anything he said isn't true? If the people you are going with don't know how to play the game then why are you going with them? It will only cause a headache.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by bechyni View Post
    I fail to see how anything he said isn't true? If the people you are going with don't know how to play the game then why are you going with them? It will only cause a headache.
    As I said, the WHM claimed to be a "curing machine", we didn't know initially that he was shitty at his job. We did check his gear when he arrived at Morimar, and he looked like he had just come back to the game (full WHM Empyrean +2, Cure Potency magian staff) but we weren't in the mood to start shouting again. Fail on us for that. Gballz on the other hand, had good-ish gear and Tins, so we THOUGHT he was good.

Unfortunately, the time we set up this run (started shouting for people at 4pm CST, 10pm GMT) there were only around 450 people online, so it's especially difficult to find anyone, let alone, find anyone who actually knows how to do their jobs and knows what to do.

Later on in the evening, once some more in our LS showed up, we picked up a decent MNK, and a good BRD and got win with ease. I only say "decent MNK" because our 119 Kenkonken PUP outparsed him.

It's slim pickings on Shiva at any time

I pullout to go pee.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Winterhoof

Come to Carbuncle

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Yeager View Post
    As I said, the WHM claimed to be a "curing machine", we didn't know initially that he was shitty at his job. We did check his gear when he arrived at Morimar, and he looked like he had just come back to the game (full WHM Empyrean +2, Cure Potency magian staff) but we weren't in the mood to start shouting again. Fail on us for that. Gballz on the other hand, had good-ish gear and Tins, so we THOUGHT he was good.

Unfortunately, the time we set up this run (started shouting for people at 4pm CST, 10pm GMT) there were only around 450 people online, so it's especially difficult to find anyone, let alone, find anyone who actually knows how to do their jobs and knows what to do.

Later on in the evening, once some more in our LS showed up, we picked up a decent MNK, and a good BRD and got win with ease. I only say "decent MNK" because our 119 Kenkonken PUP outparsed him.
    I fail to see how this matters, when your group has 7 people in it. Even without the two people who you feel fucked up your run, you would still have 5, which is plenty for Tojil.

You're trying pretty hard to defend yourself to seem above these other players when you yourself don't seem to be all that great.
    And this is coming from me. I'm shiiiiit.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

A bad WHM can ruin any run, no matter how good you are as a DD.

Dunno how good he is though, so not speaking on that matter, I just know from experience theres a few situations where one person can cause a fail. Failing to cure/Real slow cures? will wipe you, Bad stunner? Can f**k you up unless your DD and healer are on the ball (mostly talking about Lahar here)... Not claiming these fights are hard but 1 or 2 bad eggs, especially in important positions like healer/stunner, in the group can cause a fail even if the DD are superb.

Not always their fault, but people like to think it is.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I'm just trying to correct some pretty bad assumptions by others. I agree it isn't the best screenshot as it doesn't really show the whole story. I'll just let you all assume and make asses of yourselves and me. Thanks a bunch!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

All I see is your stunner not stunning Whirling Inferno.

also WHM alts

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah sometimes having a bad player is actually worse than not having them there at all. You can somewhat prepare for not having something if you know... it's a lot harder when you are counting on cures or stuns etc from a certain player and realize that's not going to happen as you hit the ground

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

if im understanding correctly mata was being melee prepped? that speaks to a core fundamental level of random fail as a whole here. i mean right off the bat if the mnk was on the rap the probability of it using whirling before it dies are smaller. there is no need to stun whirling with all dd's on the rap either, if anything the sch could have been nuking it in between the nukes it would be casting to prep mata(dont say no magic damage, i mean come on). if the sch decides to disrespect you and your party and not even attempt to be efficient and prep it, then the bard can prep it and the sch can nuke/help cure full time. if your party is terribly slow, your brd and sch can melee it on ws 7 to death honestly lol. i mean things like this are what seperates the parties that have to reset their one hours between runs and the parties that do 3-4 runs in an hour, lol. if that doesnt concern you, then youre better off doing vw for gil and waiting for a respectable person to arrive before making a delve party lol

and whm alt should only be concerning if the player behind it is of that particular caliber in that party, lol. in situations where there was maybe a newer sch, or if the prepper dies in a pull because no pdt or some shit and the brd sucks, ill straight tank prep mata on whm while dpsing on mnk at the same time with absolutely no problem lol

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Really don't see the concern about having a MNK on Matamata, with 2 SAMs both NMs are usually dead by 4th WS.

I pullout to go pee.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Winterhoof

I mean I guess if you're still bringing 3DD to Morimar then it's ok?