+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Drop XXVI: wtf barns     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Fake View Post
    Either you have no idea how the login campaign works or you are extremely stupid.
    Or you're a retard and have no idea how large the number 1 million really is.

Quote Originally Posted by FNH View Post
    Agreed. You should have had been able to get 60 shanks, 4 per character.
    It wasn't that I wasn't able to get them, it was that I didn't care enough to. The thought of 1 MILLION shanks is laughable. BG is populated by the 1% of ffxi that is interested in maximizing all their available assets and time. The majority of the people in the game aren't like that. In fact, of my circle of friends in the game, I don't know a single person that exchanged login points for anything. At all.

If you look on ffxiah right now, there are somewhere between 1500-2000 shanks in bazaar across all servers. Do you really think there is 50 times that number sitting unused somewhere?

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post

It wasn't that I wasn't able to get them, it was that I didn't care enough to. The thought of 1 MILLION shanks is laughable. BG is populated by the 1% of ffxi that is interested in maximizing all their available assets and time. The majority of the people in the game aren't like that. In fact, of my circle of friends in the game, I don't know a single person that exchanged login points for anything. At all.

If you look on ffxiah right now, there are somewhere between 1500-2000 shanks in bazaar across all servers. Do you really think there is 50 times that number sitting unused somewhere?
    you obviously haven't seen the constant line in behemoth's dominion. While he may have over-exaggerated by saying 1 million, I think he was closer than your 10k.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Okiru Sasayake
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

is pretty much all I got from that; couldn't find better quality though

Why exactly didn't you care to get free gil for a 30 second login on each character? Even if you did like someone suggested earlier and bought one of each king pop to avoid BD lines and spent the rest on some sky or sea pops, it'd be a hell of a lot better than what you did especially considering you pay for 15 characters. Even lowballing and assuming 200K x4 for each character, you pissed away 12 million for no reason; congrats on that.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Quit in 2010 so was just wondering
    my b yo

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

1/40 over 200mil (60mil this week) and years and years of King camping!

http://beast40.com/FFXI/dring2.jpg

Don't be afraid to slap a KB.

Big thanks to the LS for helping spam! *7 in the shell during the event.

EDIT! back to back

http://beast40.com/FFXI/dring3.jpg

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Grats man! Raining d-rings in here, jeez. Hope I get lucky.

(I probably just jinxed myself...)

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

inb4 someone complains you brought a whole alliance to KB

grats on the rings, I'm not even going to try because I know I'll go 0/60+

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

No SS, but just went 1/1 on Sweet Tea then 1/1 on beard. Backed that up with 1/1 on Red Pondweed and 1/1 on Egg... then subsequent pops had jack in them. Oh and a lolridill. Had a tongue already so yay black belt. Now to burn the rest of my pops praying for a Dring like everyone else seems to be getting.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Squah View Post
    inb4 someone complains you brought a whole alliance to KB

grats on the rings, I'm not even going to try because I know I'll go 0/60+

Thats 4 players + mules lol. Most annoying part of doing KB is getting the shanks to the ???

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Grats Taint! I'm glad people that wanted it (and actively seeked it) got it at last.

Old Merits
    BG Level

227,000 characters bought marbles for last months bonanza, even if you lowball and cut that number by 50% and say those 110,000 chars only got 2 shanks each (only logging in 11 times throughout the duration of the campaign). You're still fucking stupid with an estimation of 10k shanks.

1 million is obviously not realistic but 10k is just as stupid of a suggestion. Your circle of friends isn't exactly a useful census of the entire population.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Thats 4 players + mules lol. Most annoying part of doing KB is getting the shanks to the ???
    Grats man. It's always nice to see old school people who camped KB for years finally get a Ring

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Just for fun, something that is not a d.ring!

I swear, my garden moogle is just dumping all the newts I sell to him back in the pond. Maybe I should start eating them instead.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

No Screen Shot but I keep getting Winterstones from my Mog Garden. I've gotten 3 in the last week from Flotsam. lol

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Was THF for a friend at King Behemoth because I needed W. Head, and this happened:

Honestly never thought I'd see a Defending Ring drop in my life, and really happy for him!

(I know, I know, highlighting wrong item etc.)

Should change the title to "Its raining D rings".

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

sick shining cloth bro

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sofo View Post
    Was THF for a friend at King Behemoth because I needed W. Head, and this happened:

Honestly never thought I'd see a Defending Ring drop in my life, and really happy for him!

(I know, I know, highlighting wrong item etc.)

How is there a Pixie and a Dring in the same pool? Killed 2 back to back quickly?

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipotent View Post
    How is there a Pixie and a Dring in the same pool? Killed 2 back to back quickly?
    Sounds about right. I heard a rumor if everyone in your party back in the early days had an earring, you could force drop a d.ring.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It was quickly fixed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast