Thread: Drop XXVI: wtf barns     submit to reddit submit to twitter

DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

Drop XXVI: wtf barns

Shirai

I'll go with the Isla thread:

Which was this, from a random reive in Marjami Ravine.

I guess it's time to level GEO...

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post

I did like 5 hrs Reives in the new zones yesterday and not a damn thing. I even did Reives in Ceizek, Morimar, and Forret and nothing there either. Lucky you! Was it a Colo. or Lair Reive you got this from?

Shirai

It was the second Colo on the way to the spot where you get the key item you need for the "Climbing" quest.

Although I'd personally rather get the smn one

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Erlayn View Post
    I did like 5 hrs Reives in the new zones yesterday and not a damn thing. I even did Reives in Ceizek, Morimar, and Forret and nothing there either. Lucky you! Was it a Colo. or Lair Reive you got this from?

Is it even confirmd that the JSE capes can drop in the olde colo zones like ceizek morimar and forret?

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Old thread lasted three years, will this be the final one we get for FFXI?!

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Erlayn View Post
    This is exactly where I'm at minus doing reives in the older zones. Did both newer zones and nothing. Few people in my group got capes, but not a damn one of them anyone wanted.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post

Unrelated, but is that normal to not show up on Guildwork like that and instead show as ..?

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Dang this is a milestone. The last drop thread was made before I quit the game!

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

http://oi40.tinypic.com/34ta249.jpg

Hey, look, it's a thing.

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Ogier Gauntlets with 1 min left for the emergency maint :D

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Therin View Post
    http://oi40.tinypic.com/34ta249.jpg

Hey, look, it's a thing.
    Grats, hopefully you'll still have it once the maint is over :3

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by FHT View Post
    Grats, hopefully you'll still have it once the maint is over :3
    Yeah, a little worried about that. XD

29 in magical dog years
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

So does it actually give you the +188 GA Skill? I read that it might not actually be skill but a mistranslation and have to do with something else (BLU Spells? idk)

Edit: this post is what made me think it doesn't actually do what it would appear to do. I suppose now that I reread it, maybe it means more like if you had Hunaphu and another axe, the "Axe Skill +188" would only apply to Hunaphu, though I really have no idea.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The +skill thing is there so they don't have to add "+x acc" "+x att" lines of text. I assume it makes it easier to add a wider range of stat boosts. The skill+ only affects the weapon slot it's equipped, so I think it's a way for them to try to get people to not offhand a weapon for a specific stat or something? I don't know what the goal there is for. Myabe for dual wielding different weapon types? A sword with +x sword skill wont increase the acc/att of the offhand weapon. Possibly so that you don't have a +30acc sword and a +30acc nonsword and have a total of +60cc to your entire melee swings, but that youhave +sword skill for you main hand and +x skill for you offhand so that they don't cause gratuitous amounts of stat stacking. Who really knows though

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Tricen View Post
    The +skill thing is there so they don't have to add "+x acc" "+x att" lines of text. I assume it makes it easier to add a wider range of stat boosts. The skill+ only affects the weapon slot it's equipped, so I think it's a way for them to try to get people to not offhand a weapon for a specific stat or something? I don't know what the goal there is for. Myabe for dual wielding different weapon types? A sword with +x sword skill wont increase the acc/att of the offhand weapon. Possibly so that you don't have a +30acc sword and a +30acc nonsword and have a total of +60cc to your entire melee swings, but that youhave +sword skill for you main hand and +x skill for you offhand so that they don't cause gratuitous amounts of stat stacking. Who really knows though
    That would be SE's logic, give us plently of Magic evasion (up to 36) in one slot along with a ton of other very nice things (DEX+31) or (+25) in one slot, and then on the other hand giving us weapons which would only nearly double one particular melee skill, just to not share any accuracy bonus with a sub different weapon.

Your pov is solid to me, thats what SE would do.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Jakson View Post
    So does it actually give you the +188 GA Skill? I read that it might not actually be skill but a mistranslation and have to do with something else (BLU Spells? idk)

Edit: this post is what made me think it doesn't actually do what it would appear to do. I suppose now that I reread it, maybe it means more like if you had Hunaphu and another axe, the "Axe Skill +188" would only apply to Hunaphu, though I really have no idea.
    It straight up gives me +188 Parrying skill (even shows on the Combat Skill menu), but the G.Axe skill doesn't show. It does however convert into Attack and Accuracy at the same rate as expected (tested on Attack, assumed on Accuracy - but why wouldn't it?).

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Not having to broaden the combat skill window to accommodate for four-digit numbers, preventing people from taking gigantic strides in combat skill to unlock WS that they shouldn't be able to, keeping dual-wielders' accuracy and attack from climbing disproportionately

I mean, it makes sense

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    taking gigantic strides in combat skill to unlock WS that they shouldn't be able to
    Agree with your point but curious, what weapon skills can you unlock based on the weapons that are out right now with +skill that you shouldn't already have? Talking about an abyssea burned war that has lvl 30 cap GAX skill getting raging rush?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Hitou View Post
    Agree with your point but curious, what weapon skills can you unlock based on the weapons that are out right now with +skill that you shouldn't already have? Talking about an abyssea burned war that has lvl 30 cap GAX skill getting raging rush?
    thats actually a good point, not to mention the fact that usually only the jobs that get anyway almost all or all WSs of the weapon category are on those weapons. But we dont know which older weapons lvl 100+ get the skill after the next update. Even then I still dont see the issue, I mean its not like they would get any additional WS after the ones introduced in abyssea unless there is something underway that introduces new WSs

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast