1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 38 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 0 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 9 hours, 38 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Conjurer Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Oh please. The posts are laced with jabs at FF14, as well as constant comparisons to WoW and FFXI. Welcome to the shitshow.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Yes, comparing healers in different MMOs is clearly making jabs at FF14. Stop being fucking retarded.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

As of phase 3, Regens from multiple sources onto one target stack, as do the differing Regen effects from Medica II and Regen.

As with other classes/jobs, primary stat (MND) is far more significant than determination in terms of conversions to 1 HP healed. The proportionate impact of MND and DET seems to hinge on weapon damage.

In phase 1 and 2, DoT/HoT crit behavior was determined initially; a calculation was made as to whether the DoT/HoT crit when initially cast, and if it crit, every single tick was a crit. In phase 3, that has changed to where the crit calculation occurs on a per-tick basis.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    Quit shitting up a genuine thread just because of who posted it. Shiyo hasn't done anything here and you guys are the ones bringing it down.
    As much as I hate Shiyo's shit posting, this is a pretty spot on analysis for this thread. Other than trying to compare it to XI and WoW Shiyo brings up some good points about some questionable mechanics

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Druin View Post
    Edit: Also keep in mind you can always Divine Seal -> Regen to increase its effect seeing as how it lasts quite a bit of time.
    Testing cures now, and Divine Seal does nothing for Regen.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Monkor View Post
    Testing cures now, and Divine Seal does nothing for Regen.
    Does this also mean that Cleric's Stance (or any other damage booster) does nothing for Aero's DoT (or any other DoT giver)?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Yeah, as with DoTs, HoTs are currently unaffected by the +% penalties or bonuses granted by abilities. Remains to be seen whether that's intended or not; I guess we'll find out in phase 4. You can verify this by getting enough gear to equalize INT and MND, then using Aero with and without Cleric Stance. You can also test this on other classes by using buffs like Raging Strikes on DoTs.

Regen is effected by Cleric's because it's based on MND (like all other healing magic).

It would have been handy if it wasn't, could have had more utility to use while Cleric's was up.

edit: also Protect gives a 15% increase to def/mdef, not effected when used cross class (just def only)

Don't see how regen isn't useful. Instant cast, applies HoT, fire and forget or supplement with heals. Cast it on other members who sparsely take damage to keep them topped up etc. I mean, it's regen, the use of the spell has been set in stone since it appeared.

And instant cast does not mean "2.5 second cast cause of GCD", since that isn't how cast times work.

It only lasts 20 seconds, it's usefulness as a preventative measure is dubious and it's got a very high MP cost for less healing than other spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    it's usefulness as a preventative measure is dubious
    What? What is supposed to prevent? Damage?

It has higher MP cost for the instant fire and forget capabilities that you can use on the move. I mean, the use is very clear to me. You aren't going to save lives with regen, but that isn't the point of the spell. It's utility healing on the move.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

It's lackluster compared to how overpowered it was in 1.0; now it's more just another tool in the toolbox instead of "if you can't keep regen up, why are you even here?" Which is -- or, at the least, can be -- fine. Though we can look at everything and say, this is the eHP/MP, eHP/time, etc., we have no idea what damage intake and fight design are going to look like in a 24-man L50 situation.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

tbh, wild speculation but since they do want to introduce pvp, instant heals are always baller for movement sake. So maybe they wanted regen more for that? idk. Having a heal you can cast on the move is always nice in fights where you are running around a lot. I didn't do a lot of fights in 1.0 (just ifrit and moogle). I can say with certainty that regen was nice (without shitty animation lock) for ifrit.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I'm curious to see how much Chimera in CC has changed since 1.0; though most people simply just circumvented or powered through 1.0 Chimera's moveset, there is some potential there for a more movement-heavy fight, which would then incentivize intelligent Regen/Medica II usage.

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    What? What is supposed to prevent? Damage?

It has higher MP cost for the instant fire and forget capabilities that you can use on the move. I mean, the use is very clear to me. You aren't going to save lives with regen, but that isn't the point of the spell. It's utility healing on the move.
    Preventative as in casting it to top someone off and if they take any more damage it'll take care of that too, the short duration and the low potency both limit its capacity to do that compared to the way it used to be in 1.0 where it could HoT faster than other jobs could cast Cure.

I haven't played WHM at any event high enough to have Regen but I can see the utility, it's just very changed from the 1.0 version and differs from what you normally expect of Regen/HoT in that it's less efficient than direct curing. The selling point instead being able to cast on the go.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Regen = the new penta thrust nerf!

(sorry, I had to)

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Sounds like there's no reason to ever use regen unless you're moving long enough to regain the mp spent by the time you stop moving. It costing more MP doesn't make much sense to me. It's instant cast, but so what? It being instant cast isn't going to save anyone because it's a heal over time.

It should cost less MP than normal cures. That way it becomes useful as a spell you can throw on somebody who took damage, that you don't expect to take more damage soon. It would be more cost effective, in terms of mp management, to use. Then cures would be the faster, and therefore rightfully more expensive, way of healing.

There's more than enough reason to use Regen in PVE and PVP. I agree it's lacklustre compared to 1.0, but at least people are considering that the game has changed and so the way people play will change as well. If, like 1.0 you expect it to be up 100% of the time otherwise you're losing out on valuable efficiency then it seems disappointing. Healing in ARR requires fairly active commitment, so it doesn't surprise me that the cure chain is the main way WHM is expected to heal someone. Using all their tools (medica, regen, cure) they can maintain an active healing stance for all members.

Also, let's not forget that SCH main method of healing is HoT, so making WHM's regen powerful and more than just a utility spell takes away from SCH as a healer. Especially if they're supposed to have different styles of healing.

Man fk that busy work, I wanna Sacred Prism -> Regen -> afk.

Failed Sex Ed
    BG Level

I always hated regen anyway, so glad to hear this.