1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 48 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 11 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 15 hours, 48 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 18 hours, 11 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Conjurer Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    Yes, comparing healers in different MMOs is clearly making jabs at FF14. Stop being fucking retarded.
    Only posting now because your comment is still on the current page.

There had been some contradictory points brought up by someone across a couple posts between the end of the first and the middle of the second page (on inferior settings of course) that made it more of a complaining thread until constructive discussion started by the end of the second page. I think Gulk summed it up nicely by the middle of the second page:

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    Yup not a valid comparison really, this isn't wow. Different game, different way of things being done. They probably intend the "healer" to be a "healer". It can do some damage, just like thm can do some healing but not enough to solo heal at higher levels.
    which is why I left it alone originally.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Issah Grimes
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

It bums me out the Regen isn't as usefull / OP as it was in 1.0 basically made my life as a Whm so much easier, but I guess without Sacred Prism Regen would just be something extra to do with minimal benefit. I'm still going to use it, I'm just hoping at higher lvls it's more effective and or we get sacred prism from arcanist.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Friend brought up a point last night that the aoe ability for spells may have been moved to arcanist/scholar. Do we have a spell list for those jobs and can WHM even sub sch spells?

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    Friend brought up a point last night that the aoe ability for spells may have been moved to arcanist/scholar. Do we have a spell list for those jobs and can WHM even sub sch spells?
    Job skills/spells are only usable by that job. Only the class abilities can be shared. If SCH gets the ability to make spells AOE then nobody else will able able to use it. If ACN gets it then we may be able to use it on CNJ, but possibly not WHM.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

As far as I can remember WHM is missing a second cross-class currently, now?

Edit: Just checked in game. BLM & WHM are both missing cross-classes so it's more or less confirmed that BLM is ARC+ACN and WHM is THM+ACN; also in the ye olde DAT mined list from Phase2 there was no st->aoe ability afaik. Though a good number of things have changed since then and SCH wasn't included there.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Yeah, WHM and BLM were both knocked down to 1 class, so they will be getting Arcanist as a 2nd when that's implemented.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    Yeah, WHM and BLM were both knocked down to 1 class, so they will be getting Arcanist as a 2nd when that's implemented.
    Well then I guess there is a chance we could see something as long as ACN gets the ability. I can see where they could make it a ACN ability as long as it's a "next spell is AOE" rather than "next offensive spell is AOE."

I'VE CHOSEN A TITLE FOR THE LIKES OF YOU!
    BG Level

Some Conjurer thoughts:

I really do enjoy playing CNJ/WHM quite a bit. It can be a very active caster job assuming you push it to be. Actually one of my favourite things is bouncing around Cleric Stance on and off, and essential habit for me.

Personally I wish that more people would do this. Most CNJ play it super safe and just cure and occasionally Repose... Which is fine and sometimes is needed for the party to survive, but for all the other situations, why not just ready the boom stick and go to town? It certainly beats standing twiddling your thumbs while everyone's HP's full.

I wish it was more evident when Cleric Stance was off, like an animation to deactivate, but not the same as activating.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

The thing that would bug me is hitting Cleric Stance then Cure, only for my Cure to be interrupted by disabling Cleric Stance. Maybe it was a latency issue since I'm in the UK, but having to add an intentional pause because it'd randomly interrupt me was annoying.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    The thing that would bug me is hitting Cleric Stance then Cure, only for my Cure to be interrupted by disabling Cleric Stance. Maybe it was a latency issue since I'm in the UK, but having to add an intentional pause because it'd randomly interrupt me was annoying.
    It's not just Cleric Stance, I think it's with any of the non-GC abilities. That is a legitimate bug right there but it didn't happen super often. It was more like a rare occurrence if anything.

But off to the bug reports it goes!

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Rionel View Post
    Some Conjurer thoughts:

I really do enjoy playing CNJ/WHM quite a bit. It can be a very active caster job assuming you push it to be. Actually one of my favourite things is bouncing around Cleric Stance on and off, and essential habit for me.

Personally I wish that more people would do this. Most CNJ play it super safe and just cure and occasionally Repose... Which is fine and sometimes is needed for the party to survive, but for all the other situations, why not just ready the boom stick and go to town? It certainly beats standing twiddling your thumbs while everyone's HP's full.
    Personally, I mark kill order and sleep mobs. If all I did was heal, Conjurer would be absolutely mind-numbing.

BG Level

I actually do prefer to mark kill order as well, since as the non-pure-DPS person I have the luxury of being able to do a bunch of stuff at once.

Plus it just makes it easier on the rest of my party as well if they have one less thing to worry about.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I used the bind sign to sleep mobs but tank were pissed because it was erasing their attack sign and they had no idea what to attack after i slept the mobs

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Hmm, in my mind, it's usually the tank that does the kill order marks, but I guess it doesn't really matter.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Hmm, in my mind, it's usually the tank that does the kill order marks, but I guess it doesn't really matter.
    I can usually get the next group marked and ready before the current one is down. Tanks can't really walk around corners or within marking line of sight (Haukke Manor is a good example of this, all of those rooms) while fighting, but I can.

To Ratatapa: I just use the normal numbered signs. Keeps it simple, and anyone that would attack in the wrong order would also attack a mob with a special numbered tag.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5